<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Abductor of Chinese still at large: Pakistan
          (Agenceis)
          Updated: 2005-05-29 08:53

          A former Guantanamo Bay inmate wanted for abducting two Chinese engineers in Pakistan remains at large and is holed up in a mountainous tribal region with other al Qaeda militants, the military said on Saturday.

          Major-General Niaz Khattak, commander of Pakistani forces in the South Waziristan area, told reporters about 100 foreign militants were hiding in the tribal region bordering Afghanistan, most of them in the neighboring North Waziristan.

          He said none were in South Waziristan, where the military now had complete control after a fierce year-long campaign in which 306 militants had been killed and 700 captured. A total of 250 army troops had died in the fighting since last March, he said.

          "There were three main bases in South Waziristan, which have been busted," added military spokesman Major-General Shaukat Sultan. "The militants have been killed, captured, or have scattered. Now they are in small groups."

          Earlier this year, President Pervez Musharraf said he was "reasonably sure" Abdullah Mehsud, a former Guantanamo Bay detainee who kidnapped two Chinese engineers last year after being released by the United States, was dead.

          But General Khattak contradicted this.

          "He is still alive and at large," he said, adding that Mehsud was left with very few supporters after the kidnapping, which led to the death of one of the Chinese -- an embarrassment for Pakistan in its relationship with China, a key ally.

          Khattak said South Waziristan was now peaceful and the military had complete control of the strategic heights.

          In Shakai, where some of the fiercest fighting took place, military bunkers were dotted around the rugged, scrubby hillsides, while bearded tribesmen armed with Kalashnikov assault rifles could be seen in the distance.

          Despite the military's expressions of confidence about security, it was taking no chances during a visit by journalists.

          The reporters rode in a convoy of four-wheel-drive vehicles mounted with machine guns. As the convoy went past simple mud-walled and thatched dwellings, soldiers in full combat uniform, some armed with rocket propelled grenades, kept a wary watch.

          U.S. officials say they believe al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is hiding in the border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

          But Khattak said he had no information that the world's most wanted man had ever taken refuge in South Waziristan and there was no indication either that he was in North Waziristan.

          He said he also had no information about Uzbek al Qaeda leader Tahir Yuldashev, who was thought in the past to have been hiding in the region. "We occasionally had been getting reports about him, but as time went by they stopped, he said.

          Khattak said the military had cut its numbers in South Waziristan but would remain as long as necessary. He said the focus now was on development work.

          He said the government planned to spend 440 million rupees ($7.4 million) on developments projects in the impoverished region to build roads, schools and heath facilities.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Nation ready as bird flu outbreak is stemmed

           

             
           

          EU takes textiles dispute with China to WTO

           

             
           

          Private firms to compete for defence bids

           

             
           

          Safety official owned mine; 18 killed in blast

           

             
           

          Twin market blasts in Indonesia kill 22

           

             
           

          Rhetoric of Japanese officials condemned

           

             
            Twin market blasts in Indonesia kill 22
             
            Body in Iraq video is of missing Japanese - brother
             
            France prepares to vote on EU constitution
             
            Saudi King Fahd in stable condition
             
            Zarqawi recovered from wounds - web
             
            U.N. nuke conference offers no new action
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧洲日韩久久狠狠爱| 红杏av在线dvd综合| 亚洲天堂成人一区二区三区| 中文字幕成人精品久久不卡| 最新精品国产自偷在自线| 中文字幕国产精品自拍| 亚洲女同精品一区二区| 国产午夜福利大片免费看| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2020老熟妇| 国产精品制服丝袜白丝| 亚洲一区二区三区影院| 日本xxxb孕交| 亚洲AV国产福利精品在现观看| 亚洲熟妇中文字幕日产无码 | 丝袜欧美视频首页在线| 国产97人人超碰CAO蜜芽PROM| 卡一卡2卡3卡精品网站| 国产三级精品三级| 国产高清在线男人的天堂 | 精品不卡一区二区三区| 国产精品午夜福利视频| 欧美国产综合视频| aaa少妇高潮大片免费看| 2020国产在线视精品在| 麻豆精品一区二区综合av| 女同久久精品国产99国产精品| 日韩有码中文字幕第一页| 免费国产99久久久香蕉| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 国产啪视频免费观看视频| 国产中文字幕久久黄色片| 日韩AV高清在线看片| 天堂网在线.www天堂在线资源| 无码av最新无码av专区| 色噜噜av男人的天堂| 亚洲高清最新AV网站| 国产精品99中文字幕| 欧美成人一卡二卡三卡四卡| 国产免费丝袜调教视频免费的| 色爱综合激情五月激情| 国产偷窥熟女高潮精品视频|