<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Suicide bombers attack Iraqi ex-policemen, kill 27
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-30 21:18

          HILLA, Iraq (Reuters) - Two suicide bombers strapped with explosives blew themselves up in a crowd of protesting former policemen south of Baghdad on Monday, killing 27 in one of the deadliest attacks in a month of escalating violence.

          The blasts in the mostly Shi'ite town of Hilla and the brief detention of a Sunni Arab political leader by U.S. forces in Baghdad put fresh strain on ties between Iraq's Muslim sects. Al Qaeda's network in Iraq claimed responsibility for the bombings in separate statements posted on the Internet.

          Police said the bombers mingled with former police commandos who were demonstrating outside a government office because their unit had been disbanded. The first bomber detonated his explosives in the middle of the crowd. As survivors scattered, the other bomber ran with them and blew himself up nearby.

          "You just can't count the dead because the bodies were torn apart," said one Iraqi man surveyeing the scene. "May God punish those who did this."

          More than 100 people were wounded, police said. Body parts lay in pools of blood on the street beside discarded sandals and shoes. Workers carried shredded bodies on stretchers and sheets and loaded them onto the back of pick-up trucks.

          Insurgents have stepped up suicide attacks and ambushes over the past month, killing more than 700 Iraqis since a new Shi'ite-led cabinet was announced on April 28.

          Seventy U.S. troops have been killed in May, making it the deadliest month for the U.S. military since January when insurgents tried to derail the Jan. 30 elections.

          In an effort to restore public confidence sapped by relentless violence and the long delay in forming a cabinet after the elections, the government has launched the biggest Iraqi military operation since the fall of Saddam Hussein to hunt for foreign Arab fighters and Iraqi insurgents in Baghdad.

          Officials say 40,000 Iraqi troops will seal off routes into the capital and search the city district by district under Operation Lightning, which began on Sunday. It was not clear where such a large force will be drawn from.

          The al Qaeda network in Iraq, led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, said it had launched an offensive in response to the operation.

          Insurgents fought Iraqi police in western Baghdad on Sunday and detonated at least three suicide car bombs in the capital. Across the country, insurgent attacks killed at least 25 Iraqis and a British soldier on Sunday.

          SECTARIAN TENSION

          The escalating violence in Iraq has worsened sectarian tensions. Political leaders have called for calm, telling Iraqis not to allow insurgents to push the country toward civil war.

          There are also fears of ethnic tensions between Kurds and Arabs. In Kirkuk, a Kurdish general was shot dead overnight, the latest official to be assassinated in the Arab-Kurd city. The militant group Army of Ansar al-Sunna claimed responsibility.

          Washington has been encouraging the Shi'ite and Kurdish blocs that emerged strongest from the January polls to involve more Sunni Arabs in the drafting of a permanent constitution, the next step on Iraq's path to democracy.

          Sunni Arabs dominated Iraq during Saddam's rule but won only 17 seats in Iraq's 275-member parliament because many Sunni groups boycotted the elections and violence in Sunni Arab areas meant turnout there was extremely low.

          The government, trying to defuse sectarian tension and undermine an insurgency dominated by Sunni Arab fighters, gave several cabinet posts to Sunnis and says it is examining ways to give them a greater role in drafting the constitution.

          But in a move that inflamed Sunni Arab anger, U.S. troops arrested Mohsen Abdul-Hamid, the leader of an influential Sunni party, on Monday, the party said. He was later released.

          Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari, a Shi'ite, has ordered an investigation into Abdul-Hamid's detention, his spokesman said.

          "We believe there are parties that are benefiting from such raids on prominent Sunni leaders who have been supporting the political process and democracy in Iraq," he said. "This is the fourth time that a Sunni leader has been arrested."

          The Iraqi Islamic Party withdrew from the January elections, saying violence in Sunni areas meant the polls would not be fair. But it has signaled it is ready to take a greater part in Iraqi politics and the writing of a constitution.

          "The U.S. administration claims it is interested in drawing Sunnis into the political process but it seems that their way of doing so is by raids, arrests and violating human rights," the party said in a statement.

          In western Anbar province, a stronghold of the insurgency, U.S. troops raided two towns on the Euphrates river and killed several foreign fighters, the American military said.

          "Multiple sources of intelligence indicated that elements of the Abu Musab al-Zarqawi terrorist network were operating in the area, including key lieutenants, suicide bombers, and a contingent of foreign fighters," a military statement said.

          "Operations against suspected foreign fighter strongholds resulted in killing over a dozen terrorists and foreign fighters. Specifically the bodies of three Saudis and one Moroccan have been identified and others are being sought within the destroyed buildings." (



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China moves to safeguard millions of textile jobs

           

             
           

          New Zealand, China look for early FTA pact

           

             
           

          Oil giant pumps in 2008 Olympic Games aid

           

             
           

          China may change national judicial exam form

           

             
           

          Opening up of oil market pumps expectations

           

             
           

          Bank regulator warns of soaring estate loans

           

             
            France braces for new prime minister, policy shift
             
            Al-Zarqawi message now says wounds minor
             
            At least five killed in Karachi mosque attack
             
            "No" vote throws France, EU into turmoil
             
            Suicide bombers attack Iraqi ex-policemen, kill 27
             
            NATO sends F-16s to disperse Afghan protesters
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Suicide bombers kill 20 policemen in Iraq
             
          Insurgents kill 30 as Iraqis crack down
             
          45 Iraqis, GI killed in 2 days of attacks
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 风韵丰满妇啪啪区老老熟女杏吧| 无码无套少妇毛多18pxxxx| 深夜福利资源在线观看| 欧美成人精品高清在线播放| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 国产亚洲一在无在线观看| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜不卡| 欧美亚洲综合成人a∨在线| 日韩丝袜亚洲国产欧美一区| 国产日韩欧美亚洲精品95| 日韩美女av二区三区四区| 亚洲欧美牲交| 国产无码高清视频不卡| 呦女亚洲一区精品| A毛片终身免费观看网站| 男人av无码天堂| 涩欲国产一区二区三区四区| 久久久久久久久久久免费精品| 热99精品视频| 国产精品成人一区二区三| 91亚洲国产三上悠亚在线播放| 看免费的无码区特aa毛片| 久久综合干| 亚洲午夜福利精品无码不卡| 国产精品人人爽人人做我的可爱| 欧美日韩国产精品爽爽| 天天澡日日澡狠狠欧美老妇| 激情中文小说区图片区| 亚洲第一狼人成人综合网| 中文丰满岳乱妇在线观看| 98日韩精品人妻一二区| 亚洲欧洲中文日韩久久av乱码| 国产成人精品第一区二区| 国产美女高潮流白浆视频| 欧美精品在线观看| 免费一级黄色好看的国产| 亚洲男人天堂2018| 国产片一区二区三区视频| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 日韩av片无码一区二区不卡| 麻豆国产va免费精品高清在线|