<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          UN: Peacekeeper abuse reports may rise
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-06-01 14:00

          The U.N. Security Council condemned sex abuse by peacekeepers for the first time on Tuesday, after hearing from the head of an inquiry into abuse that member nations had ignored the problem for years.

          Jordan's U.N. Ambassador Prince Zeid al Hussein said no nation in the history of U.N. peacekeeping was blameless. That, he said, should make it easier for them to come forward and punish troops who commit abuses.

          He said countries had not come forward to admit what their troops had done because of "sentiments of pride mixed in with embarrassment."

          Abuses have been reported in peacekeeping missions ranging from Bosnia and Kosovo to Cambodia, East Timor, West Africa and Congo. The issue was thrust into the spotlight after the United Nations found earlier this year that peacekeepers in Congo had sex with Congolese women and girls, usually in exchange for food or small sums of money.

          In a statement read by Denmark's U.N. Ambassador Ellen Margrethe Loj, the council president, the Security Council condemned sexual abuse committed by peacekeepers and reiterated "that sexual exploitation and abuse are unacceptable and have a detrimental effect on the fulfillment of mission mandates."

          The statement, however, noted that "with few exceptions, the women and men who serve in U.N. peacekeeping operations do so with the utmost professionalism, dedication, and ... in some cases make the ultimate sacrifice."

          The council statement confirms that combating sex abuse is the responsibility of troop contributing nations, but that Secretary-General Kofi Annan and all member states must also take efforts to prevent such misconduct.

          Jean-Marie Guehenno, undersecretary-general for peacekeeping, warned Tuesday that new measures to uncover and clamp down on peacekeeper sex abuse will probably lead to a spike in allegations as new accusers come forward before the scourge begins to fade.

          "The problem of sexual exploitation and abuse is likely to look worse before it looks better," Guehenno said, later adding: "If something happens in a battalion, of course it's shameful for the person who committed the crime. It's not a shame that the country takes action."

          Guehenno has been working for months to strengthen the U.N. response to sexual abuse.

          In late March, Prince Zeid al Hussein wrote a report that described the U.N. military arm as deeply flawed and recommended withholding salaries of the guilty and requiring nations to pursue legal action against perpetrators.

          Briefing the council before Guehenno, Zeid said that since Dec. 1, there had been 152 investigations into peacekeepers. Of them, five U.N. staff had been dismissed, while 77 military personnel and national policemen on missions had been sent home for disciplinary reasons.

          "For a peacekeeper to exploit the vulnerabilities of a wounded population, already the victim of all that is tragic and cruel in war, is really no different than a physician who would violate the patient entrusted to their care or the lifeguard who drowns the very people in need of rescue," Zeid said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China may use foreign exchange reserves to buy oil

           

             
           

          Mines to appoint veterans as Guardian Angels

           

             
           

          Bush: US sees China as economic opportunity

           

             
           

          Identity of 'Deep Throat' source confirmed

           

             
           

          Mainland to select giant pandas for Taiwan

           

             
           

          Resource talks with Japan sail on - FM

           

             
            Iraqi president expects Saddam trial in 2 months
             
            Identity of 'Deep Throat' source confirmed
             
            Chirac names Iraq invasion critic P.M.
             
            Bush: Diplomatic options remain on North Korea
             
            U.N. renews Iraq security mandate
             
            Saudi King's health said to be improving
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          U.N. renews Iraq security mandate
             
          Draft of G-4 to undermine UN reform process: FM
             
          Beijing okays technical cooperation between WHO and Taiwan
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 丰满无码人妻热妇无码区| av无码精品一区二区乱子| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久蜜臀av| 国产成人九九精品二区三区| 亚洲成a人片在线观看久| 国产日产欧产系列| 精品一区二区三区四区五区| 国产精品自在拍首页视频| 91av国产在线| 亚洲不卡一区二区在线看| 免费无码高H视频在线观看| 人妻体内射精一区二区三区| 无码中文av波多野结衣一区| 性高朝久久久久久久久久| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看| 色WWW永久免费视频| 精品久久丝袜熟女一二三| 亚洲国产精品丝袜在线观看| 亚洲自在精品网久久一区| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 国产精品99久久免费| 中国少妇嫖妓BBWBBW| 亚洲最大在线精品| 亚洲AV无码精品色午夜果冻| 毛片大全真人在线| 中文字幕人妻不卡精品| 男人狂桶女人出白浆免费视频| 国产一区二区日韩经典| av高清无码 在线播放| 中文国产人精品久久蜜桃| av免费一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲av乱码一区二区| 国产成人高清精品免费软件| 国产h视频在线观看| 亚洲精品久久久久久下一站| 四虎网址| 国产天美传媒性色av| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页| 国产性色的免费视频网站| 欧美激情一区二区三区高清视频| 国产激情艳情在线看视频|