<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israeli troops admit 'eye for eye' killing spree
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-06-03 18:42

          JERUSALEM - Israeli commandos killed eight Palestinian policemen in "eye for an eye" shootings three years ago that were ordered to avenge comrades slain in an ambush on an army checkpoint in the West Bank, a newspaper said on Friday.

          The report in the Maariv daily, confirmed by senior Israeli security sources, was the latest public challenge to the Jewish state's official insistence that its forces have abided by a strict code of ethics in battling a Palestinian uprising.

          After gunmen from the Palestinian faction Fatah killed six soldiers at a checkpoint outside the West Bank city of Ramallah on Feb. 19, 2002, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon approved stepping up the scale and variety of retaliations.

          "The feeling was that this would be 'an eye for an eye'," an ex-soldier who took part in the shooting spree three years ago told Maariv.

          Eighteen Palestinians were killed in various retaliatory attacks, including eight policemen shot while manning their checkpoints near Ramallah and Nablus, another West Bank city.

          "'We are going to liquidate Palestinian policemen at a checkpoint in revenge for our six soldiers that they killed'," the ex-commando quoted his commander as ordering the troops.

          At one of three checkpoints raided the Palestinians managed to return fire, but caused no Israeli casualties, Maariv said.

          "The moment we knew we were going to eliminate them, we no longer saw them as human," another former commando said.

          Maariv's interviewees, whose names were withheld for what the newspaper called legal reasons, said they decided to come forward as part of "Breaking the Silence," a campaign by former soldiers to expose alleged Israeli abuse of Palestinians.

          The army said in a statement in response to the Maariv report that its forces attacked "checkpoints manned by Palestinian policemen who facilitated the passage and actively assisted terrorists."

          The Palestinian Authority, which at the time denied that members of its security forces were complicit in attacks on Israelis, has since acknowledged some moonlighted as militants.

          REPRISALS LOOM LARGE

          Reprisals have long loomed large in Israel's strategic planning, beginning in the 1950s when it answered cross-border raids by Arab irregulars in kind. After 11 Israeli athletes were killed by Palestinian gunmen during the 1972 Munich Olympics, Israel sent agents to assassinate that attack's masterminds.

          But while Israel has openly assassinated leading Palestinian militants during the current conflict, it rejected charges by human rights groups that this constituted illegal extra-judicial killing, saying the men targeted were planning imminent attacks.

          In its statement, the army said that after it lost six soldiers in the 2002 ambush, it had been "instructed by the political echelon to change the mode of operation and adjust it to the harsh reality on the ground."

          Soldiers were told to "hunt down all those involved in terror activities, including members of the Palestinian Authority security apparatus" until the PA prevented "terror attacks emanating from Palestinian towns and cities."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China opposes UNSC enlargement with Japan

           

             
           

          Over 70 dead as floods destroy many homes

           

             
           

          China does not want large forex rises

           

             
           

          IOC: All's well on Olympic construction

           

             
           

          Small carmakers rise in large China market

           

             
           

          Koizumi hints at shrine visit plan, again

           

             
            China opposes UNSC enlargement with Japan
             
            Turkey's future in question after EU vote
             
            Russia against 'militarization of space'
             
            Israel releases 398 Palestinian prisoners
             
            Iraq insurgents kill 39 in rapid attacks
             
            Chirac appoints new FM after EU vote
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Israeli cabinet oks release of 400 inmates
             
          Palestinians lament founding of Israel
             
          Hizbollah, Israeli forces clash in border area
             
          Israeli soldier, militant die in raid; truce hit
             
          Putin to help with Palestinian security
             
          Russia's Putin to meet Palestinian leaders
             
          Putin offers Mideast peace talks to wary Israel
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲成人av在线系列| 看免费的无码区特aa毛片 | 国产精品亚洲二区在线播放| 麻豆第一区mv免费观看网站| 国产一区二区三区内射高清| 亚洲欧洲久久激情久av| av午夜福利一片免费看久久| 桃花岛亚洲成在人线AV| 国产精品无码av不卡| 高清无打码一区二区三区| av色国产色拍| 日韩人妻系列无码专区| 久久久久国产精品人妻| 久久精品国产亚洲精品2020 | 97视频精品全国在线观看 | 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品视频中文字幕| 377P欧洲日本亚洲大胆| 强奷乱码中文字幕| 麻豆一区二区三区香蕉视频| 国产精品不卡一二三区| 美女内射无套日韩免费播放| 久久精品伊人狠狠大香网| 日本久久久久亚洲中字幕| 无码人妻丰满熟妇啪啪| 久久精品日日躁夜夜躁| 91亚洲国产成人精品福利| 人人人澡人人肉久久精品| 亚洲成av一区二区三区| 国内精品久久久久影院日本| 国产精品久久久久影院亚瑟| 精品无码一区二区三区爱欲 | 国产精品青青在线观看爽香蕉| 亚洲一本大道在线| 久久精品丝袜| 欧美国产精品啪啪| 国产一区在线播放无遮挡| 99久久激情国产精品| 亚洲av成人久久18禁| 人妻中文字幕精品一页| 日本A级视频在线播放| 国产区成人精品视频|