<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Floods, landslides kill at least 88
          By Wang Zhuoqiong and Jiang Zhuqing (China Daily)
          Updated: 2005-06-04 00:51

          When Xiao Yang and her family evacuated their home in the early hours of Wednesday night, the water outside was already past their knees.

          Armed Police troops carry an old woman away from the flooded area. Photo Taken on June 2, 2005. [newsphoto]
          Struggling with children and grandparents the group headed for higher ground, but, reluctant to leave the farming family's valuables behind, Xiao Yang's husband decided to go back to save whatever he could carry.

          As he disappeared into the darkness, it was the last time any one would see him alive.

          First light revealed their home had been washed away, sweeping Xiao Yang's husband to his death.

          Torrents and mud flows caused by the rains pounding Central China's Hunan, Southwest China's Sichuan and Guizhou provinces, and Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region resulted in at least 88 deaths as of 4 pm on Friday, with a further 73 missing, according to the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

          On Friday Yang Zhiai, director of the rescue department of the Hunan Provincial Red Cross, visited Xiao Yang's village, Taizhimiao, where the 400 residents have seen many of their homes destroyed.

          Village mostly gone

           "Most of the village was gone, and homeless villagers were crying for their loss," he said.

          "Houses made of mud and bricks were completely destroyed by the flood. Ploughed fields have been torn up by the waters."

          A county official who gave only his surname, Zhu, attributed the damage to torrential storms that dropped more than 200mm of rain on Central and Western Hunan between Tuesday and Wednesday while many were sleeping.

          The head of the village told Yang that it would take about five years for the village to recover.

          The disaster has forced the evacuation of more than 215,000 people.

          Latest figures show more than 69,000 houses destroyed and 198,000 more damaged.

          Nearly 55,000 hectares of ploughed fields have been ruined, with another 311,000 hectares being partially spoiled.

          The ministry estimated the direct economic loss will reach at least 2.47 billion yuan (US$298 million).

          Telecommunications, transport routes and water supplies have all been cut by the floods.

          In Hunan Province, 62 people were reported dead and 61 missing across 10 cities.

          Back in Taizhimiao more than 50 people made homeless by the floods are huddled in a classroom of a local primary school. Xiao and what remains of her family are among them.

          Aid on the way

          Yang, the Red Cross official, says they are being given three meals a day and have clean water.

          Hunan has sent 5 million yuan (US$604,000) to the affected areas, along with 15 tons of rice, 300 tents and 1,000 quilts.

          More aid, including medicines and food, will arrive in the province on Monday.

          A massive rain belt from Sichuan to East China's Zhejiang Province was the main contributor to the heavy rainfall, which began on Tuesday.

          In Guizhou Province, natural calamities caused by the storms and landslides killed 21 people, destroyed more than 5,400 homes and led to 184 million yuan (US$22 million) in losses.

          "In Songtao County, only one child survived a devastating landslide, which swallowed two families and killed six others on Tuesday," said the head of the provincial anti-flood and drought relief office, who gave only his surname, Zhao.

          Forecasts predict heavy rains and storms in some regions of the province, meaning more disasters are possible, he warned.

          "The death toll could surpass last year's level because the major flooding season lasts from June to July in Guizhou," Zhao added.

          In Sichuan Province, four workers were killed and three others trapped by flooding, said an official with the Anxian County in Mianyang.

          Statistics from the flood control and drought relief headquarters indicated that mud-rock flows and landslides killed nine and left 14 missing in Sichuan.



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Singapore PM: Containing China is short-sighted

           

             
           

          China moves to regulate organ transplant

           

             
           

          China 'greatly concerned' over textile dispute

           

             
           

          US senator opposes tariff bill against China

           

             
           

          China urges SCO unity, cooperation

           

             
           

          Marines find weapons caches, huge bunker

           

             
            Singapore PM: Containing China is short-sighted
             
            Bo: Solve textile disputes properly
             
            Hong Kong needs more political talents
             
            Floods, landslides kill at least 88
             
            Boeing 787 to get Chinese components
             
            Hu, Wen say final farewell to Epstein
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Over 70 dead as floods destroy many homes
             
          Death toll rises to 68 in south China floods
             
          22 die in Hunan mountain torrents
             
          Death toll rises to 17 in central China's mountain torrents
             
          Pearl River region earmarked for flood protection
             
          Death toll from floods rises to five in Taiwan
             
          Floods and drought warning for summer
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美性猛交xxxx乱大交丰满| 毛片一级在线| 中文字幕va一区二区三区 | 国产偷国产偷亚洲清高APP| 亚洲经典在线中文字幕| 日日碰狠狠添天天爽超碰97| 亚洲精品无码久久一线| 日本精品极品视频在线| 欧产日产国产精品精品| 欧美 喷水 xxxx| 人妻在厨房被色诱中文字幕| 国产精品三级爽片免费看| 超碰伊人久久大香线蕉综合| 久久99久久99精品免视看国产成人| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 日本高清视频色WWWWWW色| 亚洲美免无码中文字幕在线| 中文字幕国产精品资源| 亚洲中文久久久精品无码| 精品国产性色av网站| av在线免费观看你懂的| 欧美人妻在线一区二区| 黑人玩弄漂亮少妇高潮大叫| 思思热在线视频精品| 大伊香蕉精品一区二区| 色色97| XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 久久青草精品A片狠狠来| 九九热在线观看精品视频| 人妻av一区二区三区av免费| 黑巨人与欧美精品一区| 91精品国产福利尤物免费| 日日摸夜夜添夜夜添国产三级| 91久久性奴调教国产免费| 久久久无码精品国产一区| 国产亚洲999精品AA片在线爽 | 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 中国国产免费毛卡片| 亚洲国产美女精品久久久| 国产三级精品三级在线观看| 久久精品国产字幕高潮|