<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq says Saddam will face just 12 charges
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-06-05 21:07

          BAGHDAD - Iraq said it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator.

          Iraq said it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein (pictured) although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator.(AFP/
          Iraq said it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein (pictured) although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator. [AFP/file]
          Hailing the success of its week-old security sweep of the capital, the government said Sunday it was expanding the operation, while US forces announced the discovery of a vast well-equipped insurgent underground bunker in western Iraq.

          "There are possibly more than 500 cases being prepared against Saddam Hussein, but there is no reason to waste time in dealing with them all," government spokesman Leith Kubba told reporters.

          "We are completely confident that the 12 fully documented charges that have been brought against him are more than sufficient to ensure he receives the maximum sentence."

          Saddam, whose regime was toppled in April 2003 and is now in US custody in Iraq awaiting trial, could face the death penalty if found guilty.

          His trial should begin within two months, said Kubba adding: "The position of the government is to speed up the trial."

          This is the first time the final number of charges to be brought against Saddam has been announced, although the judge in charge of his trial said on Saturday that 12 charges had been completed so far.

          Saddam faces a litany of accusations from his more than two decades in power including the 1988 chemical attack on the Kurdish village of Halabja, the forceful repression of the 1991 Shiite rebellion and the 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

          Kubba vowed that the Shiite Muslim-dominated government of Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari would eradicate what he described as the "Saddamist, fascist thinking and the hardline Muslim ideas."

          Saddam loyalists and foreign Muslim militants are accused of fueling the insurgency which receives sympathy from much of the once-dominant Sunni Arab community.

          The US military announced the discovery of the bunkers dug into an abandoned quarry near Karmah, west of the capital, along with 50 weapons caches unearthed in the last 72 hours.

          The whole complex was 170 metres (yards) wide and 275 metres long or bigger than four football pitches, it said, and fresh food inside showed the hideout had been recently inhabited.

          Fully furnished living spaces were found in the warren, along with a kitchen, showers and an air conditioner, hi-tech combat equipment such as night vision goggles and a large haul of weapons and ammunition.

          "Coalition forces and ISF (Iraqi security forces) found numerous types of machine guns, ordnance, including mortars, rockets and artillery rounds, black uniforms, ski masks, compasses, log books, night vision goggles, and fully charged cell phones," it said.

          Marines were sifting through the site in search of intelligence after which the arms and ammunition were to be destroyed.

          Meanwhile, Kubba said that Operation Lightning, involving 40,000 Iraqi policemen and soldiers backed by US forces, had helped stabilise Baghdad and had been expanded to an area south of the capital known as the triangle of death.

          "Citizens, especially in Baghdad, feel a marked decrease in crime and that there is more security on the streets of Baghdad," he said.

          "The forces are moving in on what is known as the triangle of death," adding that Iraqi forces had arrested 20 to 30 people in the area that is notorious for insurgent strikes, including six foreigners.

          He warned Baghdad citizens that they may fall accidental victim to the security sweep in the capital, but that was the price to be paid for Operation Lightning's successes to date.

          "People must accept to pay the price and take responsibility of what is going on in all of Iraq," said Kubba. "The car bombs are like bombs being dropped on Iraq by a foreign invading force."

          Almost 700 Iraqis were killed throughout the country in May, one of the deadliest months since the US-led invasion of March 2003, while Iraqi authorities have given a figure of nearly 900 insurgents detained and 28 killed during the operation.

          Although there has been an overall decrease in attacks over the last week, an Egyptian businessman was shot dead in the capital on Sunday.

          An Iraqi died in an assassination attempt on a police chief near Baquba, north of Baghdad, and three Iraqi civilians were accidentally killed by soldiers firing at rebels in Dur, further north.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China 'greatly concerned' over textile dispute

           

             
           

          Bank of Communications seeks $1.9b in IPO

           

             
           

          Death toll from floods mounts to over 200

           

             
           

          Singapore PM: Containing China short-sighted

           

             
           

          China moves to regulate organ transplant

           

             
           

          US senator opposes tariff bill against China

           

             
            US senator opposes tariff bill against China
             
            Fire in France-Italy tunnel kills at least 2
             
            China urges SCO unity, cooperation
             
            White House plays down new Quran reports
             
            Marines find weapons caches, huge bunker
             
            North Korean, US officials spoke by phone
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲成a人片在线视频| 人妻少妇偷人精品一区| 挺进朋友人妻雪白的身体韩国电影| 久久91综合国产91久久精品| 精品久久久无码中文字幕| 少妇高清一区二区免费看| 大胸美女吃奶爽死视频| 国产精品色一区二区三区 | 国产小嫩模无套中出| 亚洲综合伊人久久大杳蕉| 香港日本三级亚洲三级| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线| 国产迷姦播放在线观看| 国产一区二区三区色成人| 久久一区二区中文字幕| 中文毛片无遮挡高潮| 精品亚洲一区二区三区四区| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线看 | 国产一区二区三区美女| 亚洲无人区码二码三码区| 亚洲精品成人区在线观看| 日韩欧美aⅴ综合网站发布| AV免费播放一区二区三区| 自拍偷自拍亚洲精品播放 | 亚洲国产成人精品福利在线观看 | 久久五月丁香激情综合| 国语对白在线免费视频| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区| 一面上边一面膜下边的免费| 18禁视频一区二区三区| 激情综合色区网激情五月| 一区二区亚洲人妻av| 久久一日本道色综合久久| 亚洲 小说区 图片区 都市| 男人j进入女人j内部免费网站| 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放| 很黄很色很污18禁免费| 免费AV片在线观看网址| 亚洲av综合色区在线观看| 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品|