<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Survivor tells of Nanjing massacre horrors
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-06-07 16:17

          Xia Shuqin has cried so many tears for her parents and siblings who were brutally murdered during the 1937 Japanese invasion of Nanjing that she says it has slowly made her blind.

          It has been 67 years since that fateful day but Xia cannot forget how Japanese soldiers butchered her family, effectively marking the beginning of nearly two months of wholesale slaughter, rape and destruction that is today known as the Nanjing Massacre.

          Imperial Army soldiers about to behead a Chinese man in Nanjing during their occuption of the city. Japan will spend more than 1.9 billion US dollars building a chemical weapons disposal center in China to process Japanese weapons left there after World War II(AFP/File
          Japanese Imperial Army soldiers about to behead a Chinese man in Nanjing during their occuption of the city.[AFP/File]
          Stabbed three times and left for dead herself, Xia recalled in an AFP interview the terrifying moments of that smoke-filled morning of December 13, 1937, when Imperial troops first pounded on the door.

          "It was my father who went to open the door and the Japanese soldiers, with guns already loaded, shot my father as soon as he opened up," said Xia, a small, thin woman with an unseeing, greyishly discolored right eye.

          Nine family members and four neighbours had been hiding at Xia's home for weeks as Japanese bombs fell and fighting raged outside the ancient walls of this regal and once capital city of China, about 200 kilometres (124 miles) from Shanghai.

          "People didnt dare to get out of their place and hid under tables for shelter," said Xia, who is also partially blind in her other eye.

          "Everything was in ruins and there was dust and smoke everywhere ... the city was a complete mess."

          As the outgunned Chinese Nationalist army fled across the Yangtze River on that ignominious day, Nanjing fell to 50,000 Japanese troops who marched in, presenting themselves as benificent saviours.

          They were anything but.

          "My mom was embracing my one-year old sister under the table," Xia continued.


          Xia Shuqin, 75, a survivor of the Nanjing Massacre, places flowers at Nanjing Massacre Memorial Museum when she attended the ceremony to commemorate the event's 67th anniversary. [China Daily]
          "They dragged my mom out from under the table and immediately stabbed my sister to death. They just killed her like that," she said, with a sharp wave of her arm.

          On that harrowing day a dozen or so soldiers then set upon her mother, gang raping and then killing her, while two neighbourhood children cowering under the table with them were shot dead.

          As the Japanese turned to dispatching others her grandparents grabbed Xia and her three remaining sisters and ran into another room, gaining precious minutes.

          "I heard screams and gunshots from the other room but we were so scared we didn't dare to make a sound," said Xia.

          Everything went quiet before the soldiers finally stormed in, bayoneting her grandparents first, then raping and killing her 15- and- 13-year-old sisters.

          Xia blacked out.

          She doesn't know how long it was before she came to, but she remembers hearing the crying of her four-year old sister. Xia was soaked in blood, and had been stabbed three times in the arm and back.

          Surrounded by the decomposing corpses of her family and neighbours, the two sisters hid in the house for the next 10 days, surviving on scraps of food.

          "We didn't dare to move or eat in daytime, Japanese soldiers were near by and they walked by my place on patrol everyday," she said.

          An old couple eventually found them and snuck them to the International Safety Zone, a makeshift refugee camp set up by foreigners who had remained in Nanjing to try and prevent further killings.

          According to historians and thousands of recorded personal testimonies, what happened in Xia's house occurred with abandon throughout the metropolis that was then home to one million residents.

          By the time the Japanese army had finished their killing spree, according to conservative estimates 140,000 were dead, most of them unarmed civilians and many women and children.

          Considered one of the bloodiest massacres in modern history, China estimates that some 300,000 were slaughtered. Many independent international counts put the death toll closer to 400,000.

          Jing Shenghong, an expert on the subject at Nanjing Normal University, said the bloodbath was meant to "terrify Chinese people and the government into surrendering as soon as possible".

          It failed to work as China eventually expelled the Japanese.

          Despite the overwhelming evidence, some of it from personal accounts of Imperial soldiers who took part in the massacre, history has not been able to bring closure to this horrific event.

          Repeated denials by some Japanese academics and politicians that the Nanjing massacre was an orgy of murder has routinely enraged China in recent years, souring diplomatic relations.

          Particularly galling for the dwindling number of survivors is Japan's refusal to grant compensation, claiming that under international law individuals do not have a right to directly seek money from a warring nation.

          In the most recent case, the Tokyo High Court in April refused compensation for 10 Chinese survivors or relatives of victims of the Nanjing Massacre and Japan's Unit 731, which conducted germ experiments on humans in northern China.

          "Under civil law, the country does not bear responsibility either," ruled presiding judge Masahito Monguchi.

          The issue of Japan's World War II record has resurfaced with a vengeance this year, with three weeks of student-led protests throughout the mainland bringing Sino-Japanese relations to their lowest point in 30 years.

          To blame in part are Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi's visits to the country's wartime shrine, where class-A war criminals are buried, as well as Japan's glossing over of its wartime record in school textbooks.

          But it is also because Beijing has now started to prove itself more willing to challenge Japan as it has grown in economic power and political clout.

          "Research into the war and the massacre was neglected. But China's reform in the 1980s not only liberated the economy, but also liberalized academic research," said Wang Weixing, deputy director of the Institute of History Studies of Jiangsu Provincial Academy of Social Science. 

          When it re-established diplomatic ties with Japan in 1972, China had agreed to drop claims for wartime reparations.

          This stance continued in the 1980s when the Chinese government was reluctant to pressure Tokyo at time when it desperately needed investment as it began opening up to the world.

          Official attitudes finally began to change in the 1990s amid a resurgence of nationalism among Japan's right-wing party and a growing chorus of voices in South Korea and China for the island nation to apologise and compensate victims.

          For Xia, books published by Higashinakano Osamu and Magsumura Goshio in the mid-1990s questioning the veracity of witnesses' accounts of the events in Nanjing proved the final straw.

          It prompted her in 2000 to sue for damages of 800,000 yuan (96,600 dollars) in a Beijing court. Her case has yet to be heard, but she says she will fight on as long as she can.

          "I survived from the pile of dead bodies, how could I be a fake witness?" said an indignant Xia. "I just want to be healthy so I can sue them to the end."



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Growing China is no threat to the world - Tang

           

             
           

          New rules to help private businesses

           

             
           

          Rains, floods leave 180 dead or missing

           

             
           

          No corruption found in Games preparation

           

             
           

          Special care slated for 'big exam' sitters

           

             
           

          US, North Korean officials meet in New York

           

             
            Beijing Olympic slogan to be unveiled
             
            Death toll in central China flooding rises to 87
             
            Japan commits 9 mln US dollar aid in China
             
            Chinese tourists allowed to visit UK, Chile, Jamaica
             
            Nestle China apologizes for unsafe iodine infant milk powder
             
            China said weighing bids on nuke plants
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人综合婷婷国产精品久久蜜臀| 涩欲国产一区二区三区四区 | 国产激情艳情在线看视频| 天天碰天天狠天天透澡| 最新亚洲av日韩av二区| 国产综合色产在线视频欧美| 五月天免费中文字幕av| 国产果冻豆传媒麻婆精东| 精品无码人妻| 窝窝午夜色视频国产精品破| 性高朝久久久久久久久久| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| 久久久精品国产亚洲AV蜜| 午夜福利片1000无码免费| 亚洲 欧美 变态 卡通 自拍| 国产熟女老阿姨毛片看爽爽| 7878成人国产在线观看| 成人免费xxxxx在线观看| 亚洲熟妇AV午夜无码不卡| 精品无码国产污污污免费| A毛片终身免费观看网站| 亚洲精品久久久久999666| 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 福利导航第一福利导航| 国产美女免费永久无遮挡 | 67194亚洲无码| 一个色的导航| 又黄又无遮挡AAAAA毛片| 91一区二区三区蜜桃| 人人澡人摸人人添| 亚洲AⅤ乱码一区二区三区| 性欧美vr高清极品| 免费av毛片免费观看| 亚洲真人无码永久在线| 亚洲欧美国产精品久久| 四川丰满少妇无套内谢| 欧美一区二区三区欧美日韩亚洲 | XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 久久精品国产久精国产果冻传媒| 少妇人妻在线视频| 亚洲第一精品一二三区|