<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          No date set for Saddam trial; Bombs kill 19
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-06-08 09:25

          BAGHDAD - Iraq's government backed away on Tuesday from suggestions that Saddam Hussein would be tried within weeks, admitting it was up to an independent special tribunal to decide when he appears in court.

          Iraq said it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein (pictured) although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator.(AFP/
          Iraq said it would bring only 12 charges of crimes against humanity against Saddam Hussein (pictured) although there were more than 500 possible cases against the ousted dictator. [AFP/file]
          Suicide bombers struck across Iraq, with blasts near the northern city of Kirkuk killing at least 19 people and wounding dozens, the latest in a series of suicide attacks that have killed hundreds since late April. A mortar attack west of Baghdad killed three more Iraqis, the U.S. military said.

          Iraq's president and the prime minister's spokesman had said in the last week that Saddam could go on trial within two months, popular announcements apparently designed to show Iraqis that progress was being made in bringing him to justice.

          But the Special Tribunal, set up in late 2003 to try senior members of the former regime, issued a statement saying no date had been set, and the prime minister's spokesman conceded on Tuesday that any decision was up to the tribunal.

          "A fixed date has not been presented," Laith Kubba, spokesman for Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari, told reporters.

          "(The Special Tribunal) assured me that they have a media official and they wish that information is given by them directly. I refer you to the spokesman for the tribunal."

          A tribunal spokesman also denied a decision had been made to focus on just a dozen of the crimes of which Saddam is accused, as Kubba said on Monday, to bring him to trial more quickly.

          Since Saddam was taken into custody in December 2003, Iraqi authorities have been under growing pressure to bring him and his senior lieutenants to justice.


          An Iraqi National guard soldier leads arrested suspects during Operation Lightning in Baghdad June 7, 2005. Car bombers struck in Baghdad and northern Iraq on Tuesday, killing at least 19 people and wounding more than 40, the latest attacks in a surge of suicide bombings that have killed hundreds since late April. [Reuters]
          The government hopes any conviction -- including the possibility of the death penalty -- will dent the insurgency by convincing former regime loyalists that Saddam's days are over, so it is pushing for the earliest possible trial.

          A high-profile conviction could also help build popular support for the government before a mid-December election.

          "Many people lost fathers and sons and want to know where the justice is," Kubba said on Tuesday. "There's popular pressure on us."

          In the past, tribunal officials have indicated that Saddam's deputies will be brought to trial first and Saddam himself may not appear in court until 2006.

          DEADLY BOMBINGS

          At least five car bombs exploded across Iraq on Tuesday.

          Four attacks were in or near the northern town of Hawija, close to the strategic oil city of Kirkuk. One suicide bomber blew up his car near a U.S. base, another beside an Iraqi army checkpoint and a third close to a market, police said.

          A fourth car bomb struck a checkpoint in the town of Abasi, near Hawija. In total, 19 people were killed and 38 wounded in the four attacks, Major-General Anwar Mohammed Amin, the Iraqi army commander in Kirkuk, told Reuters.

          In Baghdad, a car bomb detonated beside a police patrol, wounding 28 people, including two policemen, police said.

          Near Falluja, west of Baghdad, police found the body of a man shot in the head. A message scrawled on his clothing said that he had been killed for working with the Americans.

          Insurgents also hit a U.S. base between Baghdad and Falluja with mortars, killing three Iraqi contractors and wounding 13, the U.S. military said in a statement.

          Since April 28, when Iraq's new Shi'ite-led cabinet was announced, insurgents have sharply escalated attacks, killing more than 800 Iraqis and 88 U.S. troops. May was the deadliest month for U.S. forces since January.

          The violence has worsened sectarian tension in Iraq. A series of assassinations of clerics, and mass killings of Iraqis whose bodies were then dumped, has led some Sunni groups to accuse a militia linked to one of the main Shi'ite parties of involvement in the kidnap and killing of Sunni Arabs.

          The militia, the Badr organization, has denied involvement and political leaders have called on Iraqis to avoid being drawn into sectarian strife.

          In the latest killing of a cleric, Salam Abdul-Karim, a Sunni, was found dead in the mainly Shi'ite city of Basra on Monday, relatives said. They said he had been abducted the previous day by men in Iraqi police uniforms.

          Police denied any involvement in the killing. The death followed that of a Shi'ite cleric in Basra last week.

          In an effort to defuse sectarian tension and undermine the Sunni Arab-dominated insurgency, the Shi'ite and Kurdish blocs that emerged strongest from Jan. 30 polls are trying to involve more Sunni Arabs in the writing of a new constitution, the next key step in Iraq's path toward full democracy.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          FM: Rumsfeld's remarks on China's military 'groundless'

           

             
           

          Sino-US programme targets HIV/AIDS

           

             
           

          Bankers reject US bid on China currency

           

             
           

          Meteorologists urged to improve forecasting

           

             
           

          42 kg of 'ice' seized in cross-region action

           

             
           

          Speaker urges Koizumi to shun shrine

           

             
            Sri Lanka coalition under siege as monks, Tigers raise pressure
             
            Pope condemns gay marriages as fake and anarchic
             
            US, North Korean officials meet in New York
             
            China has a new growth challenger, Pakistan
             
            Fresh blow to EU treaty as Britain shelves referendum plan
             
            Pakistan turns over terror suspect to U.S.
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 久久综合开心激情五月天| 成在线人永久免费视频播放| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠av不卡| 国产偷窥熟女高潮精品视频| 欧美日韩在线亚洲综合国产人| 综合区一区二区三区狠狠| 久久精品成人免费看| 亚洲综合精品中文字幕| 亚洲高清 一区二区三区| 色综合久久久无码网中文 | 久久久久国产一级毛片高清版A| 黑人异族巨大巨大巨粗| 三上悠亚久久精品| 全部av―极品视觉盛宴| 天天澡日日澡狠狠欧美老妇| 护士被两个病人伦奷日出白浆| 亚洲第一香蕉视频啪啪爽| 老妇女性较大毛片| 亚洲岛国av一区二区| 亚洲中文无码永久免费| 欧美熟妇xxxxx欧美老妇不卡| 国产在线观看黄| 亚洲2区3区4区产品乱码2021 | 欧美牲交a免费| 日本一区二区三区东京热| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 成人精品老熟妇一区二区| 蕾丝av无码专区在线观看| 蜜臀91精品高清国产福利| 国产三级a三级三级| 精品国产一国产二国产三| 欧美牲交a欧美牲交aⅴ一| 久久精品国产亚洲αv忘忧草 | 亚洲成人av在线资源| 永久黄网站色视频免费观看| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 少妇尿尿一区二区在线免费| 国产激情精品一区二区三区| 老司机免费的精品视频| 视频一区二区三区自拍偷拍|