<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US will not attack North Korea - Rice
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-09 08:42

          US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice sent a clear message to North Korea that Washington has no intention of attacking the nation as she embarked on an Asian trip to ease a nuclear crisis in the Korean peninsula.

          Rice also said the United States had no "timetable" for North Korea to return to stalled multilateral negotiations aimed at ending its nuclear weapons program and would "keep opening doors" in a bid to jumpstart the talks.

          North Korea has persistently cited "US hostility" as a key reason for boycotting the six-party talks -- among the United States, Japan, China, South Korea, North Korea and Russia -- and had demanded a clear security guarantee from Washington.

          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signs a book of condolences at the British Embassy in Washington July 7, 2005.
          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signs a book of condolences at the British Embassy in Washington July 7, 2005. [Reuters]
          "The key here is that there were some important things to say -- important to reiterate (President George W. Bush's) pledge given back in 2002 in South Korea that the United States has no intention of attacking or invading" North Korea, Rice said.

          The United States also considers North Korea a sovereign nation, she told reporters accompanying her on the plane to China, Thailand, South Korea and Japan.

          "It was important to state what we consider to be a statement of fact that the United States considers North Korea a sovereign state -- after all, the North Koreans are members of the UN and (have) held negotiations along with other sovereign states," she said.

          Last month, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il said his country would come back to the six-party talks in July if the United States "recognizes and respects" his country as a dialogue partner.

          North Korea had rejected a US-led aid-for-disarmament proposal at the last round of the talks in June 2004 that required Pyongyang to give an upfront pledge to dismantle all its nuclear programs before receiving any energy and other assistance.

          Pyongyang wants a step by step approach to weaning away from its nuclear program, fearing it could come under attack by the United States if it loses the nuclear card.

          The United States was part of the security guarantee given to North Korea by the five other parties at the nuclear talks but Pyongyang had complained there was no individual guarantee from Washington.

          As if to address this concern, Rice said Friday: "There are principles on the table that the United States has no intention to invade or attack North Korea.

          "I think if they heard from the United States, they would certainly believe that would be in the security assurances of any of the other parties," she said.

          Efforts to break the impasse in the nuclear crisis that had gripped the Korean peninsula for some two and a half years is clearly expected to dominate Rice's Asian trip.

          She will first visit China, the host of the six-party talks, and then to tsunami-hit Thailand before returning to Northeast Asia for talks with key Asian allies Japan and South Korea.

          This is Rice's second trip to China, South Korea and Japan in some three months and analysts see it as a reflection of Washington's eagerness to see an end to the nuclear turmoil, viewed as Asia's biggest security problem.

          Despite more than a year of frantic diplomatic efforts by the other five parties, Rice said she dare not guess the prospect of North Korea returning to the talks and emphasized that no deadlines would be set.

          "In terms of optimism or pessimism, I don't know how to judge the prospects," she said.

          "We are very focused on how to make this work. There isn't any set mind -- as the President (Bush) said, no timetable about what to do next.

          "I am going to really try to focus and take stock on where we are and see if we can make this work," she added.

          Rice also said that the United States would not allow nuclear power energy aid to North Korea if it agreed to dismantle its atomic programs.

          "It is very clear that there are attendant proliferation risks with nuclear power that are hard to minimize given the history with North Korea.

          "And obviously the proliferation risks (linked) to nuclear power are very great and it is one of our concerns all along," she said.

          The nuclear standoff flared in October 2002 when Washington accused Pyongyang of operating a nuclear weapons program based on enriched uranium in violation of a 1994 agreement.

          On February 10 this year, North Korea announced it had nuclear weapons.



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
            DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal
             
            Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
             
            NASA delays shuttle launch till Saturday
             
            Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
            Israel seals off Gaza Strip settlements
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Rice may discuss possible options against North Korea with Asian nations
             
          Rice to visit nation at weekend, says FM
             
          Rice to visit Asia, but skip ASEAN forum
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲+成人+国产| 日韩加勒比一本无码精品| 免费看国产成人无码a片| 欧美黑人巨大xxxxx| 欧美乱妇狂野欧美在线视频 | 日本一区二区三区在线播放| 欧美成人www免费全部网站| 中文字幕一区二区网站| 国产一级av在线播放| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区五十路| 久久精品免视看成人国产| 8AV国产精品爽爽ⅤA在线观看| 亚洲AV无码成人网站久久精品| 777米奇色狠狠俺去啦| 日本午夜精品一区二区| 久久99国产精品尤物| 老妇free性videosxx| 激情亚洲内射一区二区三区| 国产果冻豆传媒麻婆精东 | 粉嫩国产av一区二区三区| 热久久美女精品天天吊色| 亚洲码与欧洲码区别入口| 天堂v亚洲国产v第一次| 韩国精品一区二区三区在线观看| 女人色熟女乱| 欧美性猛交xxxx乱大交丰满| 亚洲成人av日韩在线| 亚洲欧洲日韩国内高清| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 久久久久久a亚洲欧洲av| 自拍偷拍另类三级三色四色| 免费可以在线看a∨网站| 日本熟妇乱一区二区三区| 亚洲国产一区二区三区最新| 久久国产精品乱子乱精品| 香港特级三A毛片免费观看| 亚洲日本va午夜中文字幕久久| 国产精品乱码人妻一区二区三区| 毛多水多高潮高清视频| 国产精品18久久久久久麻辣| 老熟妇乱子交视频一区|