<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US, UK said to have Iraq pullout plan
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-11 12:58

          Britain and the U.S. are trying to build a new strategy to exit Iraq that could see British troops leaving the country by Christmas, a newspaper reported citing a government memo written by the defense secretary.


          A U.S. soldier carries away unexploded munitions after soldiers detonated a car rigged with explosives in Kirkuk, Iraq Sunday, July 10, 2005. U.S. and Iraqi troops carried out a controlled explosion on a parked car rigged with a bomb less than 100 meters away from the scene of an earlier carbomb attack. The second car was intended to cause more casualties as security forces arrived at the scene, police said. [AP]

          The Mail on Sunday reported that British Defense Secretary John Reid drafted a secret paper for Prime Minister Tony Blair outlining how most of the country's 8,500 troops could be sent home from Iraq within three months, with the rest by the end of the year.

          The document also said the U.S. was looking to cut back its own troop levels to 66,000, down from the 135,000 there now.

          But in a statement released by Britain Defense Ministry, Reid said the document was simply one of several period updates examining possible scenarios for the war in Iraq.

          "We have made it absolutely plain that we will stay in Iraq for as long as is needed," Reid said in a statement. "No decisions on the future force posture of UK forces have been taken."

          In a copy of the letter, portions of which were printed by the newspaper and marked "Secret — UK Eyes Only," Reid wrote that there was a strong desire in the U.S. military to reduce the number of its troops in Iraq and hand over security duties to Iraqi forces in 14 of the country's 18 provinces by the end of the year.

          "There is a debate between the Pentagon/CENTCOM who favor a relatively bold reduction, and MNF-I (U.S. commanders in Iraq) whose approach is more cautious," part of the letter reads.

          Support for Britain's backing of the U.S.-led invasion by the British public has been mixed.

          A pair of al-Qaida-inspired groups that claimed responsibility for the bombings that killed 49 people and injured at least 700 on Thursday in London cited the country's role in Iraq.

          Earlier this week, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi said 300 of Italy's soldiers would start leaving in September.

          Reid, however, said Britain was committed to the coalition.

          "We have made it absolutely plain that we will stay in Iraq for as long as is needed," he said in a statement. "No decisions on the future force posture of UK forces have been taken."

          He added that it has always been the British government's intent to ultimately hand over the lead in fighting in Iraq to that country's own forces, when they are ready to assume the responsibility.

          "We therefore continually produce papers outlining possible options and contingencies. This is but one of a number of such papers produced over recent months covering various scenarios," Reid said. "This is prudent planning. I stress again that no decisions on the future force posture of UK forces have been taken."



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
            DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal
             
            Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
             
            NASA delays shuttle launch till Saturday
             
            Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
            Israel seals off Gaza Strip settlements
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US, Britain planning to withdraw troops from Iraq
             
          Britain to withdraw troops from Iraq
             
          US agrees to time limit on troops withdrawal
             
          Army probing assaults, thefts by US troops in Iraq
             
          Spain pulls from Iraq, 10 US troops killed
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲大尺度一区二区三区| 国产一区二区精品偷系列| 亚洲成人www| xxxxbbbb欧美残疾人| 四虎在线成人免费观看| 日韩精品高清自在线| 蜜臀av一区二区三区在线| 99热门精品一区二区三区无码| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 久久久久久久久久久免费精品| 国产精品二区中文字幕| 久久99精品久久久久久9| 国产不卡一区二区在线视频| 国产精品人成视频免| 亚洲av无码牛牛影视在线二区| 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区| 老司机精品视频在线| 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 色妞色视频一区二区三区四区| 丁香五月婷激情综合第九色| 精品无码一区二区三区爱欲九九| 精品久久精品久久精品九九| 厨房与子乱在线观看| 国产在线精品一区二区夜色| 国产在线观看黄| 最新午夜男女福利片视频| 亚洲免费人成在线视频观看| 精品亚洲精品日韩精品| 欧美视频专区一二在线观看| 3d动漫精品一区二区三区| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 成人无码视频| 色噜噜亚洲男人的天堂| 综合亚洲伊人午夜网| 久久精品国产亚洲av天海翼| 欧美变态另类z0z0禽交| 国产精品亚洲综合网一区| 麻豆一区二区三区久久| 国产精品久久自在自线不卡| 毛片网站在线观看| 精品国产精品国产偷麻豆|