<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Rice optimistic North Korea talks can bear fruit
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-13 16:43

          The United States and South Korea are optimistic North Korea, enticed by energy aid, might agree to scrap its nuclear plans and so defuse one of the world's most dangerous crises, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday.

          Her comments, the most upbeat by a U.S. official on North Korea in months, came two weeks before stalled six-way nuclear talks resume and after South Korea offered to supply electricity to the North if it dismantled its nuclear programs.

          "We are very optimistic that our joint efforts to improve the security situation on the Korean peninsula could indeed bear fruit, although, of course, there is still much work to be done," she said after meeting South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun and Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon.

          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (L), answers a reporter's question as South Korea's Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon looks on during a news conference at the Foreign Ministry in Seoul July 13, 2005. The U.S. and South Korea are very optimistic resumed six-country talks on North Korea's nuclear weapons programmes could bear fruit, Rice said on Wednesday. REUTERS
          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (L), answers a reporter's question as South Korea's Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon looks on during a news conference at the Foreign Ministry in Seoul July 13, 2005. The U.S. and South Korea are very optimistic resumed six-country talks on North Korea's nuclear weapons programmes could bear fruit, Rice said on Wednesday.[Reuters]
          "I actually think it's quite interesting that the North has responded by saying that, yes, it is not only coming back to the talks but it hopes to make progress," Rice said.

          North Korea declared in February it had nuclear weapons.

          After holding out for a year, it agreed last week to return to the talks on ending its nuclear plans. The others at the talks are South Korea, China, Japan, Russia and the United States.

          Pyongyang made the announcement on returning to the talks at the weekend as Rice began a tour of Asia, which has also taken her to China, Thailand and Japan. Seoul was the final leg.

          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (R) shakes hands with South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun during their meeting at the presidential house in Seoul, July 13, 2005.
          U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (R) shakes hands with South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun during their meeting at the presidential house in Seoul, July 13, 2005. [Reuters]
          Analysts said it was too early to say whether Rice's tour marked a turning point in the crisis, but they noted Seoul's electricity offer played a crucial role in coaxing the North back to the table and convincing Washington there could be movement.

          Rice said the proposal was creative and built on an existing U.S.-backed proposal to the North made at the third round in June 2004 of fuel aid from others and U.S. security guarantees to North Korea if it gave up its nuclear weapons programs.

          South Korea said it had offered to supply the North with 2,000 megawatts of electricity, almost doubling its output.

          IS IT ENOUGH?

          Ralph Cossa, president of the Pacific Forum CSIS, a prominent think-tank on Asian affairs, called Seoul's move "a stroke of genius" because the offer could please Pyongyang and Washington while helping the diplomatic process.

          As part of that deal, Seoul would ask for the scrapping of a stalled project to supply North Korea with two proliferation-resistant light-water reactors that were promised in a 1994 deal brokered by the Clinton administration.

          Cossa was not sure whether electricity and previous pledges of security guarantees would be enough for the North to abandon nuclear weapons, which Pyongyang has said it needs to counter Washington's hostility toward it.

          "The nuclear weapons are not the objective for Pyongyang's leaders. It is survival. The parties need to convince them that they can survive without nuclear weapons and that having them decreases their chance of survival," Cossa said.

          A senior South Korean National Security Council official said Seoul does not yet have a good estimate on how much it will cost to set up the power supply for the North. South Korea could use $2.4 billion it had allocated for the light-water reactor project to fund the electric power plan, he told reporters.

          "We are looking at this as part of the cost of unification," said the official who asked not to be named. "Unless a war breaks out on the Korean peninsula, we will not cut off the power."

          South Korean officials said the North had been pressing for years for help in generating electricity and they thought the sweetener would help Pyongyang agree to a nuclear deal.



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
            DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal
             
            Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
             
            NASA delays shuttle launch till Saturday
             
            Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
            Israel seals off Gaza Strip settlements
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US, Japan agree need for progress in North Korea talks
             
          Rice: US-China relations positive
             
          Chinese leaders meet with Rice
             
          To progress in 6-party talks 'real issue': Rice
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产sm重味一区二区三区| 国产精品麻豆成人AV电影艾秋| 亚洲一区二区黄色| 日韩一区二区三区在线视频| 亚洲一区二区经典在线播放| 亚洲狠狠婷婷综合久久久| 亚洲爆乳少妇无码激情| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 精品亚洲国产成人av| 婷婷综合缴情亚洲五月伊| 国产一区二区不卡视频在线| 亚洲午夜精品国产电影在线观看| 免费人成视频网站在线观看18 | 亚洲色无码专线精品观看| 国产精品人成在线观看免费| av无码精品一区二区乱子| 午夜免费啪视频| 精品亚洲无人区一区二区| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖| 国内精品伊人久久久久影院对白| 日本道高清一区二区三区| 中文字幕理伦午夜福利片| 欧美成人怡春院在线激情| 精品乱码一区二区三四五区| 内射老阿姨1区2区3区4区| 熟女国产精品一区二区三| 99在线精品免费视频九九视| av一区二区三区亚洲| 熟妇啊轻点灬大JI巴太粗| 漂亮人妻中文字幕丝袜| 亚洲综合色区无码专区| 爱性久久久久久久久| 视频一区二区三区国产在线| 国产不卡的一区二区三区| 国产成人亚洲精品无码车a| 国内精品自国内精品自久久| 真实单亲乱l仑对白视频| 久久精品亚洲国产综合色| 欧洲性开放老太大| 一区二区免费高清观看国产丝瓜 | 人妻中文字幕免费观看 |