<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                 
           

          11 US troops charged with abuse in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-16 21:45

          BAGHDAD, Iraq - Eleven U.S. soldiers have been charged with assaulting detainees in Iraq, the military said Saturday, while three British soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in a rare attack in the relatively stable southern part of the country.

          Also Saturday, suicide attackers killed at least nine Iraqi forces in separate attacks in Baghdad and just south of Mosul as insurgents kept up their campaign against the nation's U.S.-trained security force.

          Iraqi police also arrested a would-be suicide bomber in the capital before he could detonate an explosive belt among a crowd mourning the victims of an attack earlier this week that killed 27 people, mostly children, an official said. It was the second thwarted attack this week.

          The U.S. military said in a statement that the charges against the 11 troops, who served in the Baghdad area but were not otherwise identified, were filed Wednesday after another soldier complained about the alleged assaults.

          "None of the insurgents required medical treatment for injuries related to the alleged assault," the statement added. "Only one of the suspected terrorists remains in custody of coalition forces at this time."

          The soldiers had been assigned to the Army's Task Force Baghdad but were taken off-duty pending the investigation, the military said, adding that the Army's Criminal Investigation Division would determine whether they should face trial by court-martial.

          "Allegations of illegal activities will always be thoroughly investigated," said Lt. Col. Clifford Kent, a Task Force Baghdad spokesman.

          U.S. commanders have been especially sensitive about alleged mistreatment of detainees since the abuse of inmates at Abu Ghraib prison resulted in a major scandal involving America's handling of prisoners both here and in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

          The attack against the British occurred as the troops were on patrol about 2:30 a.m. in the city of Amarah in Maysan province, 180 miles southeast of Baghdad. Three British troops were killed and two wounded, according to Britain's Ministry of Defense.

          British Prime Minister Tony Blair, a staunch U.S. ally, expressed his condolences for the dead soldiers.

          "The bravery of our armed forces was yet again underlined as they help Iraq and its people towards the democracy they so desperately want," Blair said Saturday.

          The fatalities brought to 92 the number of British servicemen who have died since the Iraq war started in March 2003. Britain has about 8,500-troops in the country, mostly based in the largely Shiite south, where support for the Shiite-led government in Baghdad is stronger.

          British losses have been far fewer than those suffered by the larger U.S. force, which is bearing the brunt of the fight against Sunni Arab insurgents in northern, western and central Iraq. At least 1,763 members of the U.S. military have died since the war started.

          In other violence Saturday, a suicide attacker detonated an explosive belt inside a police station 10 miles south of the northern city of Mosul, killing six policemen and wounding 20 others, Brig. Gen. Saeed Ahmed said.

          A suicide car bomber also struck an Iraqi police patrol in the Baghdad subdivision of Dora, killing three commandos and wounding five civilians, hospital and police officials said.

          Elsewhere in the capital, a suicide car bomber struck near a U.S. military convoy in the southeast of the city, setting a Humvee ablaze, police Lt. Col. Hassan Salloub said. No U.S. casualties were reported.

          The attacks came a day after a wave of suicide car bombs and explosions targeting U.S. and Iraqi security forces rocked the capital, killing at least 33 people and wounding at least 111, including seven American soldiers.

          One of the bombings hit after sundown on a bridge over the Tigris River near the home of President Jalal Talabani. Four security guards were killed and nine people were wounded in that attack. Talabani was at home at the time, aides said, but the target may have been a U.S. convoy.

          Al-Qaida's wing in Iraq claimed responsibility in Internet statements for several of the attacks, but the authenticity could not be confirmed.

          The would-be bomber arrested Saturday in Baghdad said he was Libyan, according to police Lt. Mohammed Jassim.

          Jassim said police grew suspicious of the man, stopped him and discovered the explosives belt.

          On Thursday, Iraqi and U.S. forces captured another suicide bomber before he could detonate his explosives belt as part of coordinated assaults just 150 feet from the Green Zone, the site of the U.S. Embassy and major Iraqi government offices.

          A car bomb exploded successfully. But one pedestrian bomber was killed after an Iraqi policeman shot him, setting off his explosive vest. Five policemen and four civilians were wounded by the blasts and gunfire.



          Quzi Street at night
          Abductor releases hostage after talks with negotiator
          Summer vacation for reading
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Beijing, firm on Taiwan, says general's words his own

           

             
           

          KMT chooses Taipei mayor as new leader

           

             
           

          "Provocative" Japanese drilling condemned

           

             
           

          Sino-EU ties should not be hurt by disputes

           

             
           

          Central bank denies revaluation in August

           

             
           

          China: no need for economic tightening

           

             
            Beijing, firm on Taiwan, says general's words his own
             
            Boys' deaths spark rabies vaccine investigation
             
            Xinjiang mine disaster blamed on owner's greed
             
            Beijing hotels phase out disposable daily commodities
             
            Barroso: to solve bilateral problems in a constructive manner
             
            Tibetan cultural week kicks off in HK
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: av午夜福利一片看久久| 91麻豆国产精品91久久久| 少妇激情一区二区三区视频| 日韩精品亚洲精品第一页| 久久av无码精品人妻出轨| 国产白袜脚足j棉袜在线观看| 日韩av片无码一区二区不卡| 四虎永久精品免费视频| 自拍偷自拍亚洲一区二区| 久久国产精品色av免费看| 精品无码三级在线观看视频| 国产成人精品18| 欧美啪啪网| chinese乱国产伦video| 亚洲精品一区二区美女| 2020aa一级毛片免费高清| 日本东京热一区二区三区| 国产精品无码av一区二区三区| 亚洲人黑人一区二区三区| 亚洲国产日韩欧美一区二区三区| 扒开粉嫩的小缝隙喷白浆视频| 一区二区三区av在线观看| 国产视频区一区二区三| 国产免费午夜福利757| 一边摸一边叫床一边爽av| 日本道精品一区二区三区| 国模杨依粉嫩蝴蝶150p| 国产日韩综合av在线| 野外做受又硬又粗又大视频| 日韩精品视频一区二区不卡| 国产最大成人亚洲精品| 伊人春色激情综合激情网| 丝袜美腿视频一区二区三区| 中文毛片无遮挡高潮免费| 午夜无码国产18禁| 久久久久国产精品熟女影院| 国产精品久久久久婷婷五月| 国产高潮又爽又刺激的视频| 隔壁老王国产在线精品| 久久精品人妻av一区二区| 亚洲精品日韩在线观看|