<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Radical Shiite calls for Iraqi restraint
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-18 08:42

          A radical Shiite cleric who led two major uprisings against American forces in Iraq last year called for his countrymen to exercise self-restraint and avoid violence, according to a BBC interview to be broadcast Monday.

          Muqtada al-Sadr condemned the U.S. military presence in Iraq, and in the interview kept open the possibility of returning to armed resistance, but said Iraqis should not be provoked into violence,

          "(I believe) America does not want confrontation. So I call upon other parties like the Iraqi army, and the Iraqi police, to exercise self-restraint with Iraqi people and not be provoked into confrontation with them or the occupying forces as this isn't in the interest of Iraq," al-Sadr said, according to a transcript of the interview released by the BBC's Newsnight program.

          Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, left, meets with U.N. Special Envoy to Iraq Ashraf Qadhi outside al-Sadr's office in Najaf, Iraq Sunday, July 10, 2005. (AP
          Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, left, meets with U.N. Special Envoy to Iraq Ashraf Qadhi outside al-Sadr's office in Najaf, Iraq Sunday, July 10, 2005. [AP/file]
          "I also call on the Iraqi people to exercise restraint and not get enmeshed in the plans of the West or plans of the occupation that wants to provoke them," he said. The BBC said the interview was recorded in Iraq within the past two weeks, but was not more specific.

          Al-Sadr's militia battled U.S. forces in the holy city of Najaf and the Shiite district of Baghdad, Sadr City last year, before cease-fire agreements ended the fighting.

          In the deadly street battles, his militia — the Imam al-Mahdi Army — stood and fought U.S. forces across a string of towns across central and southern Iraq.

          Al-Sadr has called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. and other coalition forces from Iraq and has opposed elections while Iraq is under "occupation."

          "The occupation in itself is a problem," al-Sadr said in the interview. "Iraq not being independent is the problem. And the other problems stem from that — from sectarianism to civil war, the entire American presence causes this."

          He said he would refuse any political role while the "occupation" was present and would not take part in the writing of the new Iraqi constitution.

          According to Newsnight, al-Sadr, who still has his own militia, the Mahdi army, made clear that he was keeping open the possibility of a return to armed resistance.

          "Resistance is legitimate at all levels," he was quoted as saying, "be it religious, intellectual, and so on."

          His movement has its roots in the 1990s when his father Ayatollah Mohammed Sadiq al-Sadr, a powerful Shiite cleric, defied Saddam Hussein. The senior al-Sadr was killed by suspected agents of Saddam in 1999.



          Demonstrators rally to call for Arroyo's resignation
          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Top LNG ship takes shape in Shanghai

           

             
           

          Hu congratulates KMT's new chairman

           

             
           

          Experts: China's century is taking shape

           

             
           

          North Korea nuclear talks to start July 26

           

             
           

          Obesity targeted in national ruling

           

             
           

          Experts suggest hepatitis B progress

           

             
            North Korea nuclear talks to start July 26
             
            Worst attack in months devastates Iraqi market
             
            60 dead in Equatorial Guinea plane crash
             
            Eleven firefighters die in Spain blaze
             
            Radical Shiite calls for Iraqi restraint
             
            Israel threatens to invade Gaza Strip
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Suicide bomber in fuel truck kills 60 in Iraq
             
          Forces capture would-be bomber in Iraq
             
          Suicide blasts outside Baghdad's Green Zone
             
          Suicide car bomber kills 18 Iraqi kids
             
          Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
          Many Iraqi children killed by suicide bomb
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 色综合视频一区二区三区| 777米奇色狠狠俺去啦| 衣服被扒开强摸双乳18禁网站| 18禁超污无遮挡无码网址| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频 | 九九热精品免费视频| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 国产视频一区二区在线观看| 亚洲国产一区二区三区亚瑟| 久久96热在精品国产高清| av在线播放观看免费| 国产精品三级爽片免费看| av无码精品一区二区乱子| 国产精品99中文字幕| 亚洲国产一区二区精品专| 暖暖免费观看电视在线高清| 2020最新国产精品视频| 国产精品国三级国产av| 亚洲美女又黄又爽在线观看| 久久―日本道色综合久久| 亚洲成人av日韩在线| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 国产91精品一区二区蜜臀| 亚洲一区二区三区丝袜| 亚洲国产一区二区三区| 少妇高潮水多太爽了动态图| 久久香蕉国产线看观看式| 西西444www高清大胆| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合尤物| 国产激情婷婷丁香五月天| 免费国产一区二区不卡| 精品夜恋影院亚洲欧洲| 日韩在线一区二区不卡视频| 亚洲尤码不卡av麻豆| 全午夜免费一级毛片| 久久男人av资源站| 国产高潮视频在线观看| 亚洲 自拍 另类 制服在线| 欧美日韩精品一区二区三区高清视频 | 波多野结衣一区二区三区88| 日韩精品一区二区三区色|