<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Astronauts load supplies, haul out trash
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-07-31 22:09

          Astronauts on Sunday loaded up supplies and hauled out mounds of trash that have accumulated on the international space station since shuttles were grounded after the 2003 Columbia tragedy, the Associated Press reported.

          "It is kind of just like working in your closets and your garage," station flight director Mark Ferring said. "It's a lot of work."


          Astronaut Steve Robinson is seen outside the shuttle docking port hatch in Discovery's payload bay in this view from the helmet camera of Soichi Noguchi of Japan at the end of their spacewalk July 30, 2005. [Reuters]

          Discovery, which docked at the orbiting outpost Thursday, became the first shuttle to return to orbit last week. Among the mission's goals: Resupply the station and take out the trash.

          The astronauts are unloading 15 tons of cargo and expect to return to Earth with 13 tons of trash and other items that are no longer needed on the station.

          When the station's two-man crew awoke Sunday, they were told that their seven Discovery guests would remain at the station for an additional day.

          "Hopefully it is not going to be like the relatives who miss their flight and have to stay another day," Charles Hobaugh, who works in the station's mission control, told crew members by radio.

          A ninth day at the station was approved late Saturday, days after NASA decided to ground future shuttle missions because an almost one-pound piece of foam broke free of Discovery's external fuel tank. The piece of foam missed Discovery, but was a haunting reminder of the 1.67 pound chunk that doomed Columbia and its seven astronauts.

          "We were surprised. Not that little pieces of foam were coming off the tank, but that such a large piece could come off," astronaut Charles Camarda told NBC's "Meet The Press" from aboard Discovery Sunday.

          NASA spent hundreds of millions of dollars over 2 1/2 years redesigning the external tank after Columbia disintegrated over Texas, but said last week it did not solve the problem and more work is needed.

          Once the astronauts aboard Discovery learned a large piece of foam peeled from the tank as they rocketed to space, Astronaut Andrew Thomas said the decision to stop flying was obvious.

          "We were of a single mind up here, I think, that it was necessary to stop flying in order to repair this problem," he told Fox News. "That's the correct course of action."

          Discovery Commander Eileen Collins said she's confident the shuttle will get her crew home safely and looks forward to reminding her children to brush their teeth.

          "I miss them a lot," she told ABC's "Good Morning America." "I'm looking forward to getting back into the mother routine again."

          But while at work, Collins said her main goals for the mission were to return the shuttle to space and resupply the station.

          Discovery will leave the orbiting lab in much better shape than when the shuttle arrived, said Bill Gerstenmaier, the station's program manager. Water will be left behind, as well as laptops, wash cloths, a printer, dry wipes, floppy disks, food and nitrogen.

          "We are going to be in very good shape through the end of the year," Gerstenmaier said.

          Shuttles are needed for the supplying and continued construction of the station.

          When NASA's shuttles were grounded in 2003, the agency began relying on Russian vehicles to deliver supplies to the station. However, the Russian cargo ship Progress cannot haul the weighty items the shuttle can. The next delivery by Progress is scheduled for September.

          Gerstenmaier said station managers prepared for a scenario in which there would be no shuttle flights this year. Despite that, he said the grounding of future shuttle missions opens the station to risk.

          "We are still susceptible to some large failure of some component that can only be delivered by the shuttle," he said.

          Among the tasks Discovery's astronauts performed for the station was the reconfiguring of a gyroscope, which failed in March. Four gyroscopes, each weighing 660 pounds, are intended to steer the station, but only two have been working in recent months.

          On Monday, during their second spacewalk, Discovery astronauts Stephen Robinson and Soichi Noguchi planned to replace the other failed gyroscope, which has not worked since 2002.

          The pair planned to go over procedures for installing the gyroscope on Sunday with Thomas, who was set to direct Monday's replacement from inside the shuttle.

          As they began spacewalk preparations Sunday, Robinson informed Mission Control's Stephen Frick that things might proceed slower than anticipated.

          "If you saw what our mid-deck looks like right now, you'd see why," Robinson said as his colleagues transferred items between the shuttle and station. "It's a high traffic zone."



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人AV在线播放不卡| 色噜噜狠狠色综合成人网| 亚洲中文超碰中文字幕| 另类专区一区二区三区| 国产在线观看免费观看| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 男人进女人下部全黄大色视频| 国产成人久久精品77777综合| 日本不卡的一区二区三区| 姝姝窝人体色WWW在线观看| 亚洲性美女一区二区三区| 别揉我奶头~嗯~啊~的视频| 成年无码av片在线蜜芽| 日日摸夜夜添狠狠添欧美| 中文字幕va一区二区三区| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 中文字幕亚洲国产精品| 日韩精品亚洲专区在线播放| 思思热在线视频精品| 午夜福利宅福利国产精品| 国产精品久久久天天影视香蕉| 国产精品久久久久久影视| 国产中年熟女大集合| 久久精品国产精品亚洲20| 无套内射视频囯产| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 最近最新中文字幕视频| 人妻一本久道久久综合鬼色| 国产成人a在线观看视频| 亚洲av综合久久成人网| 99久久99久久精品免费看蜜桃| 秋霞电影网| 国产高清不卡视频| 又大又硬又爽免费视频| 蜜芽亚洲AV无码精品国产午夜| 漂亮的小少妇诱惑内射系列| 国产成人无码AV大片大片在线观看| 日韩一区二区在线看精品| 精品国产成人午夜福利| 人妻系列无码专区无码专区 | 国产一区二区在线有码|