<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Shootings, suicide blast kill 15 in Iraq
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-09 21:48

          A suicide bomber struck near a U.S. convoy in Baghdad and gunmen opened fire on police patrols around the city Tuesday in attacks that killed at least 15 people.

          An Iraqi police officer inspects the scene of a police shooting on a highway, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2005, in Baghdad, Iraq. Two Iraqi police officers were gunned down by unknown attackers in their vehicle in the early morning on the New Baghdad Highway. [AP]


          The violence provided an unwelcome backdrop as Iraqi politicians prepared to resume talks on drafting a new constitution that had been postponed by a severe sandstorm.

          The suicide bombing occurred Tuesday afternoon when a driver detonated a vehicle packed with explosives near a U.S. convoy in downtown Baghdad, killing at least five Iraqi civilians and wounding 11, police said. No American casualties were reported.

          The attack occurred in early afternoon near Tahrir Square in the heart of the city, police Capt. Abdul-Hussein Munasaf said. Five civilian cars, a U.S. Army Humvee and an SUV were damaged. U.S. and Iraqi authorities sealed off the area.

          In three separate attacks around 8 a.m., gunmen opened fire on police patrols around the city, killing nine officers. A 10th policeman was killed later Tuesday.

          Political leaders were scheduled to meet for a second round of talks at Tuesday evening to break a deadlock over remaining issues on the constitution, which the parliament must approve by Aug. 15. Talks had been postponed by a severe sandstorm Monday.

          The constitution also will need to be approved by voters in an Oct. 15 referendum. Passage would lead to national elections in mid-December.

          A leading Sunni Arab helping write the charter warned that accepting Kurdish demands for federalism would have "grave consequences" for the nation and the issue should be left for a new parliament to be elected in December.

          Saleh al-Mutlaq said the Sunni Arab bloc might formally submit a proposal to delay a decision on the contentious issue until the new parliament takes office.

          "I think they will accept it because there is no alternative. We will not accept federalism in these circumstances," said al-Mutlaq, who like most Sunni Arabs fears that federalism might divide Iraq.

          Sunni Arabs are expected to take a bigger role in the elections planned for Dec. 15. Many of them boycotted the Jan. 30 vote following calls by religious leaders and threats by insurgents.

          Sunnis, who make 20 percent of Iraq's population,hold only 17 seats of the 275-member parliament.

          The Kurds, who have enjoyed self-rule in the north since 1991, have demanded that the new constitution codify federalism to prevent a future government from curbing Kurdish autonomy.

          However, al-Mutlaq said that if the Kurdish demands are met, "they will have grave consequences." He did not elaborate, but the strong language underscored the depth of passion that the issue of federalism evokes on both sides.

          It was unclear whether Kurdish leader Massoud Barzani, head of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and an outspoken champion of federalism, would attend Tuesday's meeting.

          Barzani has been stuck in the north due to bad weather in Baghdad, unable to reach the capital. Sandstorms eased in the Baghdad area on Tuesday, but visibility was still limited.

          Al-Mutlaq also called for more political groups to join the constitutional discussions. The U.S. leadership has heavily encouraged the constitutional process, believing it will ultimately dampen the insurgency and allow for a drawdown of U.S. troops within the next year.

          In the attacks earlier Tuesday, assailants opened fire on a police patrol in the eastern New Baghdad neighborhood, killing five policemen who had fallen asleep in their car, said Lt. Col. Ahmed Aboud.

          The men had spent the night on patrol and were waiting to be replaced by another patrol, he said. Their weapons were all in the backseat of their four-wheel drive, he said.

          In another attack in the southern Dora neighborhood, gunmen assassinated police Capt. Haidir Mizhir Salih and another policeman as they were heading to work around 8 a.m., said 1st Lt. Mohammed Hanoun.

          A third drive-by shooting around the same time in the eastern Zayouna neighborhood left two officers dead and a third wounded, said Lt. Col. Fuad Assad.

          Later in the day, a 10th policeman was killed and two others were wounded in a drive-by shooting in northern Shuaula, police Lt. Haider Hassan said.

          In another development, the mayor of Baghdad, Alaa al-Timimi, was fired and responsibility for managing the city was transferred to the provincial governor, government spokesman Laith Kubba said Tuesday. He refused to say why the provincial council fired al-Timimi.

          The mayor of a southern Shiite city gripped by riots over lack of municipal services also has resigned under pressure as demanded by the protesters, a local official said Tuesday.

          The decision was taken late Monday during a visit to the Shiite city of Samawah, 230 miles southeast of Baghdad, by a delegation sent by Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari to try to quell the unrest, according to Sheik Mohannad al-Gharrawi.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻豆亚洲精品一区二区| 一区二区三区国产综合在线| 日韩AV高清在线看片| 日本在线a一区视频高清视频| 深夜精品免费在线观看| 四虎国产精品永久在线观看| 国产精品免费重口又黄又粗| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 麻豆久久久9性大片| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 欧美亚洲综合成人a∨在线| 国产玩具酱一区二区三区| 色综合中文| 中文国产成人精品久久不卡| 精品国产三级a∨在线欧美| 国产激情av一区二区三区| 一级二级三一片内射视频在线| 国产精品爆乳奶水无码视频免费| 国产AV一区二区三区| 翘臀少妇被扒开屁股日出水爆乳| 无码熟妇人妻AV在线影片免费 | 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 四虎永久在线精品无码视频| 国产成熟妇女性视频电影| 国产精品第12页| 麻豆成人精品国产免费| 亚洲中文字幕乱码免费| 精品超清无码视频在线观看| 最新午夜国内自拍视频| 日本区二区三区不卡视频| 国产精品妇女一二三区 | 亚洲成av一区二区三区| 亚洲韩国精品无码一区二区三区| 国产在线精品国偷产拍| 成人无码h真人在线网站| 亚洲AV无码专区亚洲AV桃| 91精品人妻一区二区| 色噜噜噜亚洲男人的天堂| 不卡无码AV一区二区三区| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 天天拍夜夜添久久精品大|