<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Saddam could be executed after first trial
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-12 08:42

          Saddam Hussein could be executed after his first trial if he is convicted and sentenced to death for his alleged role in a 1982 Shiite massacre, even though he faces other charges, an official close to the proceedings said Thursday, AP reported.

          The first trial, which involves the deposed Iraqi ruler's alleged role in the 1982 massacre of an estimated 150 Shiites in Dujail, north of Baghdad, is expected to begin by the fall, said the official. He briefed reporters on condition that his name would not be used for reasons of security and the sensitivity of the case.

          Saddam's daughter, meanwhile, has threatened that the ousted leader's defense lawyer could boycott the trial 錕斤拷 and preliminary questioning 錕斤拷 unless the defense gets better access to Saddam. The defense has complained in the past that it has only been allowed to meet Sadddam with U.S. or Iraqi military officials watching.

          In this image made available by the Iraq Special Tribunal 29 July 2005, Saddam Hussein answers questions during an investigative session conducted by the Iraqi Special Tribunal 28 July 2005 in Iraq.
          In this image made available by the Iraq Special Tribunal 29 July 2005, Saddam Hussein answers questions during an investigative session conducted by the Iraqi Special Tribunal 28 July 2005 in Iraq. [AFP/file]
          Iraqi authorities also are building about a dozen other cases against Saddam that they intend to try separately. Those cases include the killing of rival politicians over 30 years, the 1987-88 Anfal campaign that left tens of thousands of Kurds dead or displaced and the crushing of a 1991 uprising by Shiites following the Gulf War.

          If Saddam is sentenced to death in the Dujail case, authorities could "theoretically" carry out the sentence without waiting for the other trials to begin, the official said.

          "If the sentence were to be the death penalty, I think that the court will have to make a decision based on international principles, Iraqi law, whether or not there is need for him in another case for the prosecution or another defendant," the official said.

          "It's possible but it's going depend on the circumstances when it happens, what other cases are going on," he added.

          A five-judge panel was expected to set a date for the Dujail trial "within the next few weeks," he said, pledging the proceedings will be fair and transparent.

          If the court is allowed to work without political interference, "you can expect to see trials that are transparent, that are fair, that are up to international standards that are in compliance with international law," the official said.

          Saddam, who ruled Iraq for 23 years with an iron fist, has been in U.S. custody since he was captured in December 2003 near his hometown of Tikrit. Saddam, 68, was removed from power in April 2003 by a U.S.-led invasion.

          His daughter, Raghad, has been running his defense team from Jordan, where she fled after her father's fall. Earlier this week, she fired the entire team except for one Iraqi lawyer, Khalil Dulaimi, because the team of more than 1,500 Arab and Western lawyers only sought fame in the high-profile case.

          She threatened that Saddam's lawyer would boycot upcoming proceedings 錕斤拷 including the trial 錕斤拷 unless the defense is allowed to meet privately with Saddam.

          "Our defense will boycott all the procedures of interrogation and prosecution until the President is allowed to have the legal advice he is entitled to," she wrote in a letter to the Iraqi Special Tribunal, a copy of which was made available to The Associated Press in Amman, Jordan.

          She had not yet sent the letter and there was no word on when she intended to send it. Dulaimi could not immediately be reached for comment.

          "Your masters who occupy Iraq have denied the President the rights he is entitled to according to the laws of war and to the Geneva Conventions, which provide him the right to choose a legal counsel of his own free choice, along with the right of such defense lawyers to have full access and in privacy to him as they deem necessary," she said in the letter.

          Raghad disputed the legitimacy of the tribunal, saying it was "totally illegal and all its (decisions) are deemed null and void."



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Iraq gets ready for Saddam trial
             
          Saddam's family fires defense team
             
          Saddam Hussein's request for trial in Sweden turned down
             
          Tribunal lays first charges against Saddam
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品在免费线中文字幕久久| 欧美巨大极度另类| 青青草视频网站免费观看| 伊人色综合久久天天| 精品国产性色av网站| 刺激第一页720lu久久| 人妻少妇偷人无码视频| 国产成人免费av片在线观看| 色偷偷中文在线天堂中文| japanese无码中文字幕| 女同另类激情在线三区| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 手机无码人妻一区二区三区免费| 老少配老妇老熟女中文普通话| 99在线国产| 国产亚洲国产精品二区| 日韩欧美亚洲一区二区综合| 日本视频一区二区三区1| 欧美色99| 国产精品九九久久精品女同| www欧美在线观看| 久久亚洲av成人无码软件| 国内自拍视频一区二区三区| 国产午夜精品美女裸身视频69| 国产在线一区二区不卡| 亚洲日本欧美日韩中文字幕| 欧美和黑人xxxx猛交视频| 国产MD视频一区二区三区| 亚洲人精品午夜射精日韩| 亚州毛色毛片免费观看| 日韩精品一区二区三区四| 久久久久久久久18禁秘| 中文字幕va一区二区三区| 韩国精品一区二区三区| 口爆少妇在线视频免费观看| 精品无人乱码一区二区三区的优势| 精品一精品国产一级毛片| 国产精品福利自产拍在线观看| 久久久精品无码一二三区| 69天堂人成无码免费视频| 99久久亚洲精品影院|