<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Darfur peace talks to resume Sep 15 with eye on year-end pact
          (AFP)
          Updated: 2005-08-25 09:45

          Peace talks between Sudan's government and the two Darfur rebel factions will resume next month in Nigeria with the parties pledging to reach a deal by the end of the year, the African Union (AU) special envoy for the troubled western Sudanese region said, AFP reported.

          After informal talks among the three sides in the Tanzanian port of Dar es Salaam and coastal town of Bagamoyo, AU mediator Salim Ahmed Salim said the negotiations, which had been due to resume this week, would start again in Abuja in mid-September.

          "The parties agreed that they will resume talks on 15th of September," he told reporters at a news conference in Dar es Salaam. "The consultations went on very well and the parties are determined to reach a conclusive agreement by the end of the year."

          United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres (L) shakes hands with internally displaced Sudanese men at the Riyad camp in the western Darfur region of Sudan August 24, 2005.
          United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres (L) shakes hands with internally displaced Sudanese men at the Riyad camp in the western Darfur region of Sudan August 24, 2005. [Reuters]
          Salim, flanked by delegates from the rebel Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) and Sudanese Liberation Movement (SLM) but no representatives from Khartoum, said the AU was committed to seeing stability restored in Darfur.

          The ex-Tanzanian politician and former secretary general of the now-defunct Organization of African Unity (OAU) said negotiations on key issues not included in a July framework agreement would be preceded by workshops on reconciliation.

          Salim noted that the pan-African body was increasing its troop strength in the region to oversee a shaky truce but called on all sides to adhere strictly to earlier agreements, including a ceasefire that has been routinely violated.

          "We insist the parties respect and implement earlier agreements and protocols on the ceasefire," he said. "This will speed up the process and sustain international efforts in (ending) the suffering of the people of Sudan."

          The officials from the JEM and SLM -- which have fought among themselves as well as against Khartoum's troops and pro-government militias -- pledged their commitment to a peaceful resolution of the 29-month-old conflict.

          "We want to see an end to suffering," said JEM delegate Tageldin Nyam. "The objective is to have a comprehensive agreement by the end of the year."

          "We are committed to the process," Ahmed Yatoub of the SLM said.

          The talks had been due to resume in the Nigerian capital on Wednesday but the SLM earlier this month urged them to be put off until the beginning of October, a call Khartoum deplored as not being in the interests of peace.

          On-again, off-again AU-mediated talks hosted by Nigerian President Olesegun Obasanjo, the current president of the pan-African body, to end the Darfur conflict had last resumed in Abuja on June 10 after a six-month break.

          After an antagonistic round, the parties on July 5 signed a declaration of principles to form the basis for future political dialogue but left key issues such as power- and wealth-sharing and security unresolved.

          Under the deal, the Arab-led Khartoum regime agreed to guarantee traditional tribal ownership rights over land in Darfur and allow the black African region autonomy under a reformed federal constitution.

          Both sides also agreed to find ways to pay reparations to those who have suffered and guaranteed the displaced an "inalienable right of return to their place of origin."

          Discussions on outstanding points had been set to resume in Abuja on August 24 but earlier this month the SLM said that date was too early and demanded a delay, prompting an angry response from Khartoum.

          Fighting in Darfur broke out in February 2003 when an uprising representing the mainly black population of the region led Khartoum to unleash Arab militias known as Janjaweed, which have been accused of torture, rape and intimidation.

          The conflict has claimed between 180,000 and 300,000 lives, displaced around 2.4 million people and sent more than 200,000 fleeing to neighbouring Chad, sparking one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Ugandan army kills 13 rebels in southern Sudan
             
          Garang's successor Kiir sworn in as Sudan's first VP
             
          Garang's successor vows to uphold peace
             
          US to send experts to Garang crash site
             
          Ugandan minister flies into crash site to investigate Garang's death
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品国产av一区二区| 第一精品福利导福航| 四虎国产精品成人免费久久| 性色a∨精品高清在线观看| 亚洲欧美一区二区三区麻豆| 好紧好滑好湿好爽免费视频| 国产福利97精品一区二区| 久久精品一区二区三区综合| 夜爽8888视频在线观看| 国外av片免费看一区二区三区| 粉嫩少妇内射浓精videos| 欧美日韩免费专区在线观看 | 欧美成人精品一级在线观看| 久久综合色天天久久综合图片| 草草网站影院白丝内射| 国内精品自线在拍| 国产精品一区亚洲一区天堂| 精品一二三四区在线观看| 精品91在线| 久久亚洲女同第一区综合| 欧美三级不卡在线观线看高清| 在线天堂中文新版www| 国产明星精品无码AV换脸| 成人国产精品一区二区免费麻豆| 国产一区二区日韩在线| 婷婷丁香五月激情综合| 亚洲天堂成人黄色在线播放| 亚洲综合色婷婷中文字幕| 99久久无码一区人妻a黑 | 黄色A级国产免费大片视频| 99riav国产精品视频| 亚洲日韩精品制服丝袜AV| 国产一区二区三区黄色片| 果冻传媒在线看免费高清| 亚洲夜色噜噜av在线观看| 少妇真人直播app| 老熟妇仑乱换频一区二区| 日韩激情无码av一区二区| 国产视频 视频一区二区| 91中文字幕一区在线| 久久夜色撩人精品国产av|