<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          China-U.S. textile talks fail -official
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-08-31 20:26

          Talks between China and the United States over China's surging textile exports ended on Wednesday with the two sides still far apart, a U.S. industry official said, Reuters reported.


          A Chinese vendor waits for customers at a clothing market in Beijing August 31, 2005. China has hardened its line in talks with the United States over its surging textile exports, dimming hopes of a deal by the time presidents Hu Jintao and George W. Bush meet in Washington in a week's time. [Reuters]

          Negotiators had hoped to strike a deal so it could be blessed by presidents Hu Jintao and George W. Bush when they meet at the White House next Wednesday.

          But Cass Johnson, president of the U.S. National Council of Textile Organizations, told Reuters that negotiators had not even narrowed their differences during two days of talks.

          He said the American team would fly home on Thursday, while U.S. textile makers would respond to the failure of the talks by seeking to expand restrictions on Chinese garment exports.

          "People thought there was a good chance of an agreement coming out of these meetings, but it's clear the Chinese government was not interested in moving off its position -- and neither was the U.S. government," said Johnson, one of a number of U.S. industry lobbyists who have been tracking the talks in Beijing.

          U.S. and Chinese officials have now met four times since Washington imposed emergency curbs, known as safeguards, in May to restrain a burst of Chinese exports unleashed by the abolition of global textile quotas on January 1.

          The Bush administration was already scheduled to decide on Wednesday on industry requests for emergency restrictions on six more categories of Chinese clothing and textiles, including bras, sweaters, dressing gowns and knit fabric.

          Johnson said U.S. textile manufacturers had held off requesting protection in even more categories in the expectation that this week's talks would yield progress.

          "So now we will begin filing new safeguard petitions next week on additional categories," Johnson said. He declined to say which lines of goods would be affected.

          Chinese spokesmen were not immediately available for comment.

          FRAYING AGREEMENT

          China's textile exports to the United States surged 97 percent to $7.4 billion in the first six months, setting alarm bells ringing in textile-producing states and heightening wider fears about China's growing economic clout. The United States had a $162 billion trade deficit with China last year.

          Negotiators had been eyeing a deal similar to one signed with the European Union on June 10 that capped growth in 10 lines of textile exports at 8 to 12.5 percent a year.

          China went along because the EU would have been permitted under World Trade Organization rules to limit growth in China's textile exports to 7.5 percent a year until the end of 2008.

          That deal has since run into trouble as the new quotas were quickly filled, leaving a pile-up of more than 80 million made-in-China bras, blouses and sweaters at EU customs posts.

          Industry officials said earlier that the obstacles in the way of a Sino-American agreement included the length of any pact, the categories it would cover, how much Chinese exports would be allowed to grow each year and the right of the United States to impose new safeguard restrictions in the future.

          Johnson said no date had apparently been set for new talks.

          "What's striking is that they did not narrow their differences," he said. "It's hard to see what it's going to take for the two sides to agree."



          Flood-ravaged school has new teaching building
          Leshan giant buddha
          Explosion near Sanlitun
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          China-U.S. textile talks fail -official

           

             
           

          China's two biggest banks sign $6B in deals

           

             
           

          European protectionist fiasco a lesson for the US

           

             
           

          Bridge stampede in Iraq leaves 650 dead

           

             
           

          7,000 coal mines to close in crackdown

           

             
           

          US crews pass dead to reach storm survivors

           

             
            China-U.S. textile talks fail -official
             
            China to buy US goods to reduce surplus
             
            Chinese woman recounts US border beating
             
            Nuke talks to resume in week of Sep. 12
             
            WHO praises China signing anti-tobacco pact
             
            China, US begin 4th round of textile talks
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲AV综合色区无码二区偷拍| 日韩精品无码一区二区三区| 99精品国产一区在线看| 精品国内自产拍在线观看| 在线看国产精品自拍内射| 亚洲一区二区三区影院| 国产午夜精品美女裸身视频69| 男人狂桶女人出白浆免费视频| 国产精品一区二区在线| 亚洲欧洲av一区二区久久| 国产成人欧美日韩在线电影| 麻豆成人传媒一区二区| 中文字幕人妻精品在线| 久久精品国产再热青青青| 国产精品熟女一区二区三区| 精品国产女同疯狂摩擦2 | 国产网友愉拍精品视频手机| 日韩伦理片| 亚洲 中文 欧美 日韩 在线 | 无码中文字幕人妻在线一区| 任你躁国产自任一区二区三区| 久久大香国产成人av| 国产精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 亚洲AV无码久久久久网站蜜桃| 久久精品国产一区二区三| 亚洲熟女精品一区二区| 国产精品夜间视频香蕉| 韩国无码AV片午夜福利| 最新午夜国内自拍视频| 欧美成人精品手机在线| 丰满少妇呻吟高潮经历| 伊人欧美在线| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜av| 91精品91久久久久久| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 无人视频在线观看免费播放影院| 中文字幕第一页国产精品| 久久青草热| 激情久久av一区二区三区| 国产精品国产对白熟妇| 国产极品视频一区二区三区|