<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          South Korea: North's nuke plans not an issue
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-02 09:58

          South Korea's top diplomat said Thursday that North Korea's professed desire for a peaceful nuclear program shouldn't become an issue that overshadows disarmament talks, AP reported.

          Meanwhile, a leading North Korea expert said an official there told him the country was researching how to create lightly enriched uranium — which could be used to fuel a reactor for non-weapons use, as opposed to the highly enriched uranium deployed in atomic bombs.

          Amid the standoff, North Korean foreign minister met Thursday with two visiting U.S. lawmakers who said they would raise the nuclear issue. In a one-sentence dispatch, the North's Korean Central News Agency provided no details of the discussions between Paek Nam Sun and U.S. Reps. Tom Lantos and James Leach.

          The North's insistence on being allowed to keep a "peaceful" nuclear program has emerged as an issue dividing the five countries — China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the United States — seeking to convince North Korea to abandon nuclear weapons at international talks expected to reconvene during the week of Sept. 12 in Beijing.

          The United States insists the communist nation's past record of weapons development proves it shouldn't be allowed any kind of nuclear program. But other countries, including South Korea, back the North's right in principle to have a peaceful nuclear program — after it disarms and complies fully with international norms.

          South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki-moon visited Washington last week to bridge the gap with U.S. officials, and said Thursday that "we came to a common understanding that the scope of nuclear dismantlement and peaceful use of nuclear energy should not overshadow the talks as if they are the only remaining problems."

          The North must first "make it quite clear that they will dismantle all nuclear weapons and nuclear programs," Ban told a meeting of diplomats and journalists.

          North Korea could be allowed a peaceful atomic program only after complete dismantlement of its nuclear programs and an agreement to return to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and implement nuclear safeguards by the International Atomic Energy Agency, Ban said.

          "We have not come to any agreement on this issue," he said.

          In Beijing, Zhang Yan, director-general of the Chinese Foreign Ministry's arms control department, said Thursday the North should have the right to develop a peaceful nuclear power program if it rejoins the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

          The arms talks went into recess last month after 13 days when envoys became deadlocked on reaching an agreement on basic principles of the North's disarmament. The talks were the first in 13 months, during which the North refused to attend, citing "hostile" U.S. policies.

          Negotiators had agreed to resume discussions this week, but North Korea postponed its return by two weeks in anger over U.S.-South Korean military exercises and Washington's appointment of a special envoy on North Korean human rights.

          Selig Harrison, who last visited Pyongyang in April, said the North's desire for a nuclear program to generate power wasn't a stalling tactic at the arms talks but a real concern by the regime to maintain energy independence. He said Ri Gun, a director-general in the North's Foreign Ministry, told him the North had a lab studying lightly enriched uranium.

          Harrison said the uranium was intended to fuel light-water nuclear reactors being built in the North under a 1994 deal with Washington to abandon its weapons program. That plan has collapsed amid the latest nuclear dispute that erupted in late 2002 when U.S. officials said the North admitted having a secret uranium enrichment program.

          North Korea "still would like to have light-water reactors as part of a diversified energy program," Harrison told The Associated Press.

          Harrison, director of the Asia Program at the Washington-based Center for International Policy, said comments last month by Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf that his country's former top nuclear scientist, A.Q. Khan, had passed nuclear technology and designs used to enrich uranium didn't prove American assertions of a highly enriched uranium program — which would require hundreds or thousands of centrifuges to be built with specialized parts not easily available.

          "The assumption that they have tried to make or been able to make a weapons-grade uranium program in North Korea is very unfounded at this point," he said.



          Hurricane Katrina batters US
          Pakistani, Indian officials meet for peace
          Death toll of Baghdad bridge stampede nears 1,000
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Tibet sees forty years of marked progress

           

             
           

          New Orleans in anarchy with fights, rapes

           

             
           

          Typhoon pounds Fujian, forcing evacuation

           

             
           

          Foreign missile umbrella on Taiwan opposed

           

             
           

          Video: Al-Qaida behind London blasts

           

             
           

          Numerous pacts for EU-China summit

           

             
            Official: Saddam's trial to begin in October
             
            New Orleans in anarchy with fights, rapes
             
            Video: Al-Qaida behind London blasts
             
            US poverty rate was up last year
             
            Kazakh president pledges 'free, fair' upcoming vote
             
            Israel aims to quit Gaza by September 15 - sources
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          China: Six-party talks to resume from Sep 12
             
          N. Korea agency wants to resume nuke talks
             
          Fourth round of six-party talks is ongoing: China
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产又爽又黄又不遮挡视频| 精品国产肉丝袜在线拍国语 | japanese边做边乳喷| 狠狠五月深爱婷婷网| 亚洲色偷偷偷综合网| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉| 国产av剧情亚洲精品| 国产蜜臀久久av一区二区| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 亚洲色偷偷色噜噜狠狠99| 欧美大屁股喷潮水xxxx| 高清免费毛片| 免费人成视频在线观看网站 | 欧洲精品色在线观看| 偷拍激情视频一区二区三区| 青青草无码免费一二三区 | 国产精品久久久久久成人影院| 国产中文字幕精品喷潮| 放荡的美妇在线播放| 蜜臀午夜一区二区在线播放| a级亚洲片精品久久久久久久| 亚洲在战av极品无码| 久久综合干| 人人爽人人爽人人片a免费| yyyy在线在片| 黑人巨茎大战俄罗斯美女| 久久精品国产精品亚洲艾| 欧美z0zo人禽交另类视频| 人妻少妇精品视频二区| 亚洲AV无码国产永久播放蜜芽| 高潮迭起av乳颜射后入| 亚洲国产成人久久精品app| 日本中文一区二区三区亚洲| 欧美 喷水 xxxx| 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 无码人妻丝袜在线视频红杏| 性xxxx视频播放| 国产无人区码一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕在线一区播放| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区99| 天堂网av最新在线|