<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Mubarak sweeps contested race in Egypt
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-09 19:26

          President Hosni Mubarak swept Egypt's first contested race for his job, according to preliminary results Thursday, an expected victory in an election praised as progress toward democratic reform despite allegations of fraud.


          Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak looks on as he meets with Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Siniora, not seen, at the Presidential palace in Cairo Thursday, Sept. 8, 2005. President Hosni Mubarak took an overwhelming early lead in his country's first-ever contested presidential race, an election commission official said Thursday, as the official count of ballots continued. [AP]

          The election commission — criticized as controlled by Mubarak's government — insisted Wednesday's ballot was a success, though there were widespread reports of irregularities, and voter turnout was perhaps as low as 30 percent. The commission also dismissed calls by the runner-up for a repeat of the vote.

          In office for 24 years, Mubarak had been expected to win Wednesday's election by a wide margin. But his government has insisted the important thing was the process, saying the election heralds more reforms in this key U.S. ally, which has seen only autocratic rule for 50 years.

          Opponents dismissed the ballot, skeptical that Mubarak will give up his long unquestioned power. Until now, the president has been re-elected in "yes-no" referendums in which he was the only candidate.

          Washington, eager for Mubarak to conduct reforms but wary of pressing too hard, showed its approval.

          U.S. State Department spokesman Sean McCormack noted some "issues" in the balloting — monitors allowed in only at the last minute and campaign ads present at some polling sites. Still, he called it a "positive first step."

          "What we hope is that the Egyptian government and the Egyptian people can build upon ... the positive actions in this election as they look toward parliamentary elections in the fall, and look to addressing some of those issues that I mentioned that were less positive," he said.

          Mubarak took 78-80 percent of the vote, according to a preliminary count, an election commission official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to announce results. Final results were expected Friday or Saturday.

          His top opponent, Ayman Nour of the opposition Al-Ghad party, took 12 percent — a strong showing for a relative unknown and one that could make him a more formidable political power.

          The state newspaper El-Gomhoriya reported similar results in its Friday edition, saying Mubarak had won with 80 percent and that Nour came in second, though it did not give his percentage.

          Nour wrote to the elections commission with a list of alleged voting irregularities and demanded a repeat of the vote, citing the "grave violations that ... influenced the integrity of the election process," his deputy, Nagui el-Ghatrifi, told reporters.

          Commission spokesman Osama Attawiya said the commission "examined the request," met with Nour and in the end rejected his appeal.

          Attawiya said the commission concluded that the alleged violations presented by Nour "are not correct." Many reform-minded judges have accused the commission of being under the ruling party's domination.

          "There have been no violations and there are no doubts in the election process," Attawiya told a press conference. "There is always the first step or the first experiment followed by progress in the next step. In Egypt, thank God, we are making some progress."

          Nour was not immediately available for comment. His top deputy, Wael Nawara, said the candidate was disappointed that the commission dismissed reports of irregularities.

          The 40-year-old lawmaker came in second despite forgery charges against him that he says the government concocted to wreck his candidacy and widespread dismissal of him by government media.

          Throughout the campaign, the media took pains to portray Noaman Gomaa, leader of al-Wafd party, as the more serious contender to the 77-year-old Mubarak. Gomaa, 71, won between five and seven percent of the vote, according to the commission official.

          A representative of Gomaa's campaign, Cherif Abaza, said it is still early to "say for sure if elections were fair or if there was rigging."

          Ordinary voters, opposition parties and some monitoring groups reported widespread pressure and incentives for people to back Mubarak. For example, ruling party officials were present in some stations as people voted, pro-Mubarak posters were rife at polling stations, and tribal leaders in some areas reported being told by police to make sure their followers backed the president.

          Voter turnout was low. No final figure was announced yet, but the commission official put it at around 30 percent of the country's 32 million registered voters.

          If that figure is confirmed, it would indicate that most Egyptians did not have sufficient faith in the electoral process to take part.



          12th APEC Finance Ministers Meeting
          Germany's Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder campaigning
          Rescue continues in New Orleans
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China gains ground on UN list of developed nations

           

             
           

          Officer acquitted in beating of Chinese tourist

           

             
           

          Katrina divides rather than unifies U.S.

           

             
           

          Putin: oil pipeline will serve China first

           

             
           

          China to expand relations with Canada: Hu

           

             
           

          ADB: China economy to grow 9.2% this year

           

             
            Cops set to forcibly clear out New Orleans
             
            Katrina divides rather than unifies U.S.
             
            Arafat's death remains a mystery
             
            Ukraine President dismisses government
             
            Mubarak wins Egypt election in landslide
             
            US raises concerns with India over Iranian nuclear issue
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天看片天天av免费观看| 中文字幕乱码熟妇五十中出| 日韩一级伦理片一区二区| 无码一区二区三区中文字幕| 亚洲午夜福利精品一二飞| 国产精品视频免费一区二区三区| 亚洲日韩性欧美中文字幕| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 欧美精品在线观看视频| gogo无码大胆啪啪艺术| 国产在线精品无码二区| 一区二区三区四区精品黄| 午夜福利在线观看成人| 神马影院伦理我不卡| 重口SM一区二区三区视频| 国产果冻豆传媒麻婆精东| 亚洲欧美中文字幕日韩一区二区| 成在线人永久免费视频播放| 国产啪在线91| 亚洲欧美自偷自拍视频图片| 蜜桃亚洲一区二区三区四| 日本在线 | 中文| 人妻偷拍一区二区三区| 久久不卡精品| gogo无码大胆啪啪艺术| 中文字幕在线国产有码| 久久精品国产再热青青青| 人妻少妇精品视频专区| 日韩秘 无码一区二区三区 | 肥臀浪妇太爽了快点再快点 | 国产午夜精品福利91| 色九月亚洲综合网| 日韩毛片在线视频x| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| AV最新高清无码专区 | 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外| 色妞永久免费视频| 开心五月激情五月俺亚洲| 少女韩国在线观看完整版免费| 国产成人一区二区三区视频在线| 日本道播放一区二区三区|