<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Louisiana deaths at 423; facility owners charged
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-14 15:41

          In a day of reckoning across battered New Orleans, the owners of a nursing home were charged in the deaths of dozens of patients killed by Hurricane Katrina's floodwaters, the death toll in Louisiana jumped to 423, and the mayor warned that the city is broke.

          Mayor C. Ray Nagin said the city was working "feverishly" with banking and federal officials to secure lines of credit through the end of the year, but for now, it is unable to make its next payroll.

          Amid the discouraging news, there were also clear signs of progress on many fronts: The New Orleans airport reopened to commercial flights, the port resumed operations, and the mayor said dry sections of the ravaged city — including the French Quarter and the central business district — could be reopened during the daytime as early as Monday, provided the Environmental Protection Agency finds the air is safe.

          "We're out of nuclear-crisis mode and into normal, day-to-day crisis mode," Nagin said.

          Entergy-New Orleans said it had restored power to 75 percent of the 1.1 million customers that were out at the height of the storm. And Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said most of the military's search and rescue work was complete.

          President Bush also put a final word on what he had called the "blame game" among politicians, saying: "I take responsibility" for the government's failures in dealing with the hurricane.

          The death toll from Hurricane Katrina climbed more than 50 percent in a single day Tuesday to 423, including last week's grisly discovery of 34 dead patients and staff members at St. Rita's nursing home in the town of Chalmette in hard-hit St. Bernard Parish.

          In the nursing home case, Louisiana Attorney General Charles Foti charged the husband-and-wife owners of St. Rita's with 34 counts of negligent homicide for not doing more to save their elderly patients.

          "The pathetic thing in this case was that they were asked if they wanted to move them and they did not," Foti said. "They were warned repeatedly that this storm was coming. In effect, their inaction resulted in the deaths of these people."

          Salvador A. Mangano and his wife, Mable, were released on $50,000 bond each.

          Their attorney, Jim Cobb, said his clients were innocent.

          Cobb said they followed the nursing home's evacuation plan that had been filed with officials, and he blamed the St. Bernard Parish officials for not ensuring the plan was proceeding.

          "They sat and waited for a mandatory evacuation order from the officials of St. Bernard Parish that never came," he said.

          Cobb said the Manganos were forced to make a difficult decision as the hurricane approached: evacuate the patients, many of them elderly and on feeding tubes, or keep them comfortable at the home through the storm.

          "If you pull that trigger too soon (on evacuation) those people are going to die," Cobb said.

          Tammy Daigle, a nurse who worked at the home, also said the owners had been worried about trying to evacuate some residents of the home who they knew wouldn't survive the move.
          Page: 12



          Afghanistan's President calls for increased support
          Hurricane Ophelia
          US Chief Justice nominee John Roberts sworn in
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu: China to work with US on trade gap

           

             
           

          China may ease limits on foreign banks

           

             
           

          UN refuses Taiwan's representation

           

             
           

          Wave of violence kills 97 in Baghdad

           

             
           

          Chinese group buys Ecuador oil assets

           

             
           

          North Korea digs in as nuclear talks resume

           

             
            At least 80 killed in Baghdad car bombing
             
            4th draft could lead to agreement - Hill
             
            Bush seeks China, Russia help on Iran
             
            Gitmo interrogators face accusations
             
            UN General Assembly OKs compromise document
             
            Ukraine president lashes out at ousted PM
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Flights resuming into New Orleans today
             
          Over 40 bodies at New Orleans hospital
             
          Some say Congress going overboard on aid
             
          Dozens found dead at New Orleans hospital
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人国产一区二区三区精品| 午夜免费啪视频| 人妻系列无码专区免费| 亚洲综合精品中文字幕| 亚欧美闷骚院| 亚洲中文字幕成人综合网| 亚洲国模精品一区二区| 国产伦码精品一区二区| 国产成人无码免费看视频软件| 国产亚洲一区二区三区四区| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠85| 亚洲超碰97无码中文字幕| 97免费在线观看视频| 神马午夜久久精品人妻| 欧美韩中文精品有码视频在线| 国产毛片一区| 一区二区福利在线视频| 一个人看的www片| 午夜av福利一区二区三区| 潘金莲高清dvd碟片| 国内免费视频成人精品| 樱花草视频www日本韩国| 成人免费在线播放av| 国产精品无码无需播放器| 最新精品国产自偷在自线| 国产一卡2卡三卡4卡免费网站| 亚洲最大成人一区久久久| 亚洲夜夜欢一区二区三区| 久久青草热| 成人国产亚洲精品一区二区| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 亚洲综合国产伊人五月婷| 久久96热在精品国产高清| 国产一区二区三区免费观看| 妖精视频yjsp毛片永久| 久久亚洲av午夜福利精品一区 | 亚洲熟女精品一区二区| 欧美激情黑人极品hd| 国产一区二区一卡二卡| 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 97成人碰碰久久人人超级碰oo|