<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 105 in Iraq
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-14 18:00

          A suicide car bomber struck as day laborers gathered to find work in a Shiite neighborhood in north Baghdad, killing at least 88 people and wounding 227 in the deadliest of a series of attacks in the Iraqi capital on Wednesday, the Associated Press reported.


          An Iraqi soldier secures the scene following an explosion in Baghdad, Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2005. At least 73 people were killed and 162 wounded early Wednesday when a suicide bomber detonated his vehicle near a group of construction workers in north Baghdad, police said. [AP]

          Iraqi lawmakers, meanwhile, agreed on last-minute revisions to the contested draft constitution in a bid to appease the disgruntled Sunni minority that has formed the core support for the country's virulent insurgency.

          In north Baghdad, twisted hulks of vehicles were strewn throughout Oruba Square in the Kazimiyah district after a suicide attacker drove a small van into an area where day laborers had gathered in search of work.

          Iraq's Health Ministry said that 88 people had died and 227 were wounded, making it the deadliest attack in Iraq since Feb. 28, when a suicide car bomber targeted Shiite police and National Guard recruits in Hillah, killing 125 people.

          Politicians immediately denounced the bombing. Husein al-Shahristani, deputy speaker of the National Assembly called the killings "barbaric and gruesome."

          "These cowardly attacks reveal the deep hatred of the terrorists against the Iraqi people and the equality and justice in this country," he said.

          Gunmen wearing military uniforms, meanwhile, surrounded a village north of Baghdad early Wednesday and executed 17 men, police said.

          Police Lt. Waleed al-Hayali, in Taji, 10 miles north of Baghdad, said the gunmen detained the victims after searching the village. They were handcuffed, blindfolded and shot. The dead included one policeman and others who worked as drivers and construction workers for the U.S. military, said al-Hayali.

          A car bomb hit an American military convoy in eastern Baghdad, and police Capt. Maher Hamad said two U.S. soldiers were wounded, though that was not confirmed by the U.S. military.

          A third car bomb exploded alongside an Iraqi National Guard convoy in the northern Baghdad district of Shula, killing at least two people, authorities said.

          Sunni militants have mounted a series of attacks on the Shiites in an apparent effort to provoke retaliation and a sectarian conflict. The Kazimiyah district that saw Wednesday's deadliest attack is the same area where about 950 people were killed on Sept. 1 during a bridge stampede as tens of thousands of Shiite pilgrims were headed to a nearby shrines.

          With the Oct. 15 referendum on the draft constitution looming, Iraqi lawmakers announced that the document had been finalized and would be sent to the United Nations for printing and distribution.

          Hussein al-Shahristani, the deputy speaker of the National Assembly and a leading Shiite lawmaker, said the latest changes included an apparent bow to demands from the Arab League that the country be described as a founding member of the 22-member pan-Arab body and that it was "committed to its charter."

          But that amended clause falls short of demands by Sunnis, who wanted the country's Arab identity clearly spelled out while mentions of federalism be struck from the document. They argue such language could ultimately lead to the disintegration of the multiethnic nation.

          Still, the changes, which included clarifying that water resource management was the federal government's responsibility and that the prime minister would have two deputies in the Cabinet, are significant after weeks of discussions on the draft.

          Hopes that a relative lull in the violence in the country would continue were shattered with the latest attacks around the capital.

          At Baghdad's al-Kazimiyah Hospital, dozens of wounded men were shown lying on stretchers and gurneys, their bandages and clothes soaked in blood. One older man in a traditional Arab gown and checkered head scarf sat in a plastic chair, his blood-soaked underwear exposed with a trail of dried blood snaking down his legs.

          Dr. Qays Abdel-Wahab al-Bustani told Associated Press Television News they received 75 wounded people and 47 others who were killed in the explosion. Al-Bustani said the wounded were in stable condition.

          The attacks came as U.S. and Iraqi forces continued their offensive on insurgents in northern Iraq, striking hard at what officials have said are militants sneaking across the border from Syria.

          On Tuesday, they launched an attack on the Euphrates River stronghold of Haditha. That attack came after some 200 militants were killed in Tal Afar in several days of fighting. Residents also reported American air strikes in the same region near Qaim, also near the Syrian border.

          The offensive is apparently part of a campaign described on Monday by Iraq's defense minister, who said that Iraqi and U.S. forces would work their way along the insurgent-plagued town along the Euphrates River valley in the north, in a bid to stamp out the militants believed to be sneaking across the nearby border with Syria.

          With the insurgency showing little signs of abating, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, in a news conference with his U.S. counterpart on Tuesday, said American forces would remain in the country until Iraqi troops were prepared to assume full security responsibilities. The Bush administration is under increasing pressure at home to set a date to begin pulling out the 140,000 U.S. troops.

          "We will set no timetable for withdrawal. A timetable will help the terrorists," Talabani said. He said he hoped Iraqi security forces could take responsibility for the country by the end of 2006.

          Bush pledged to stand by Iraq despite "acts of staggering brutality" aimed at destabilizing the country.

          A U.S. Army commander said Tuesday that extremist fighters battling for control of Tal Afar in northern Iraq had committed atrocities against civilians, including beheadings, torture and the booby-trapping of a murdered child's body.

          "The enemy here did just the most horrible things you can imagine — in one case murdering a child, placing a booby trap within the child's body and waiting for the parent to come recover the body of their child and exploding it to kill the parents; beheadings and so forth," Col. H.R. McMasters, commander of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, said in an interview from Tal Afar, which lies about 50 miles from the Syrian border.

          He said the 5,000 Iraqi government forces and 3,500 U.S. troops there had yet to take control of the city.



          Suicide bombing kills 80 in Iraq
          Afghanistan's President calls for increased support
          Hurricane Ophelia
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu: China to work with US on trade gap

           

             
           

          China may raise cap on foreign investment

           

             
           

          UN refuses Taiwan's representation

           

             
           

          Wave of violence kills 97 in Baghdad

           

             
           

          Chinese group buys Ecuador oil assets

           

             
           

          North Korea digs in as nuclear talks resume

           

             
            Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 105 in Iraq
             
            US, North Korea to meet one-on-one during nuclear talks
             
            Wave of violence kills 97 in Baghdad
             
            Louisiana deaths at 423; facility owners charged
             
            4th draft could lead to agreement - Hill
             
            Bush seeks China, Russia help on Iran
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 91青青草视频在线观看| 三上悠亚精品一区二区久久| 东京热无码国产精品| 精品九九人人做人人爱| 狠狠色狠狠综合久久| 蜜臀av入口一区二区三区| 欧美一区二区三区欧美日韩亚洲| 国产360激情盗摄全集| 国产成人欧美日本在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩成人综合网| 国产精品欧美福利久久| 成人亚洲精品久久久久| 四虎在线中文字幕一区| 国产果冻豆传媒麻婆精东| 国产亚洲一区二区三不卡| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 1精品啪国产在线观看免费牛牛| 在线国产你懂的| 国产做a爱免费视频在线观看 | 91亚洲精品一区二区三区| 成人亚洲一区二区三区在线 | 天天综合网网欲色| 绯色蜜臀av一区二区不卡| 国产美女永久免费无遮挡| 国产成人午夜在线视频极速观看| 亚洲人成网站观看在线观看| 亚洲国产精品18久久久久久| 丝袜a∨在线一区二区三区不卡 | 午夜亚洲AV成人无码国产| 成人亚欧欧美激情在线观看| 国产二级一片内射视频插放| 你懂的亚洲一区二区三区| 欧美在线观看网址| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 国产av一区二区三区| 成人永久性免费在线视频| 天天影视色香欲综合久久| 亚洲国产中文字幕在线视频综合| 亚洲另类无码一区二区三区 | 好姑娘6电影在线观看| 国产精品毛片一区视频播|