<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Katrina swells ranks of unemployed
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-09-15 22:20

          The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless aid shot up by 71,000 last week, the biggest jump in nearly 10 years, as workers displaced by Hurricane Katrina sought to join the benefit rolls, the government said on Thursday.


          Katrina evacuees from New Orleans wait in line for food stamps at Camp Edwards in Bourne, Massachusetts September 12, 2005. The number of Americans filing new claims for jobless aid shot up by 71,000 last week, the biggest jump in nearly 10 years, as workers displaced by Katrina sought to join the benefit rolls. [Reuters]

          The rise in first-time claims for state unemployment aid, among the first economic data to capture the human toll of the devastating storm, brought initial filings in the week ended September 10 to 398,000, the highest level in two years.

          The Labor Department estimated that 68,000 of those claims were related to Katrina, which slammed into the U.S. Gulf Coast on August 29. However, it cautioned that it was unable to process the huge surge in claims that were filed as state workers waded into evacuee shelters to log applications.

          "Due to the unprecedented volume of claims filed in the affected areas and due to the unconventional methods used in filing, the numbers that are reported do not truly reflect the number of claims filed," a department analyst said.

          He said the department could not offer a "ballpark" figure on how many claims had been collected but not yet captured in the department's report. "We are expecting an upward revision in the following week," he said.

          Forecasts on Wall Street had centered on a guess that initial claims would rise to 350,000 from the 319,000 initially reported for the prior week. However, Hurricane Katrina led to a wide dispersion of projections -- from a low of 320,000 to a high of 800,000.

          The increase in initial claims was the largest for any week since January 1996, when blizzards blanketed the East Coast.

          The big jump pushed a four-week moving average of claims up by 19,750 to 340,750, the highest level in nearly a year. Economists usually track the less-volatile moving average to get a better sense of underlying job-market trends.

          The number of workers who continued to file for benefits after an initial week of aid rose by 20,000 to 2.59 million. But that number is certain to swell as workers displaced by Katrina join the rolls.

          States provide unemployment benefits for up to 26 weeks, but lawmakers are already mulling a federal program to extend aid for an additional 13 weeks in the wake of the storm. Congress passed similar extensions amid the jobless recovery from the 2001 recession.



          Suicide bombing kills at least 152 in Iraq
          Afghanistan's President calls for increased support
          Hurricane Ophelia
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu: China to provide US$10b for poor countries

           

             
           

          China not planning more yuan revaluations

           

             
           

          China: Sides far apart in N. Korea talks

           

             
           

          Bush appreciates China's assistance

           

             
           

          Hurricane Ophelia soaks North Carolina

           

             
           

          US President Bush to visit China in November

           

             
            Revised 9/11 panel report released
             
            Bush to announce new help for hurricane region
             
            Blaze kills 30 in India
             
            Four bombings kill at least 31 in Iraq
             
            Aceh rebels set to hand over weapons under accord
             
            Annan seeks to restore UN credibility
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 老熟女熟妇一区二区三区| 野花香视频在线观看免费高清版| 亚洲精品中文幕一区二区| 亚洲成人动漫av在线| 成在线人永久免费视频播放| 国产视频最新| 亚洲免费人成网站在线观看| 伊人精品无码AV一区二区三区| 视频一区二区三区自拍偷拍| 国产人妻无码一区二区三区18| 国产免费人成网站在线播放| 欧美伦费免费全部午夜最新| 久久夜色精品国产嚕嚕亚洲av| 国产在线观看播放av| 日本高清一区二区不卡视频| 色综合久久综合香蕉色老大| 国产99在线 | 免费| 国产成人免费一区二区三区| 亚洲卡1卡2卡新区网站| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲av性色| 玩弄丰满少妇人妻视频| 久久精品国产无限资源 | 99久久精品国产熟女拳交| 中文成人无字幕乱码精品区| 精品国产美女av久久久久| 在线观看亚洲精品国产| 国产福利姬喷水福利在线观看| 欧美精品人人做人人爱视频| 婷婷五月综合丁香在线| 日本一卡二卡3卡四卡网站精品| 人人人妻人人人妻人人人| 亚洲偷自拍国综合| 亚洲成a人片在线网站| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 久热久热久热久热久热久热| 欧洲中文字幕一区二区| 国产精品美女久久久久| 久久精品人妻少妇一区二| 亚洲精品在线少妇内射| 亚洲高清偷拍一区二区三区| 精品久久久久久无码不卡|