<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Officials clash on people returning to New Orleans as toll hits 883
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-09-19 09:59

          US Federal and local authorities on Sunday clashed over whether New Orleans was ready for residents to return, putting in doubt efforts to quickly resettle the devastated city, Reuters reported.

          Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen, head of the federal recovery efforts in New Orleans, said the city lacked most of the basic services -- such as drinkable water, sewage and electricity --- that residents would need.

          Tens of thousands of New Orleans' residents ravaged by Hurricane Katrina nearly three weeks ago remain housed in temporary shelters across the country, with many poised to return home when officials permit.

          A dog stands on a flooded street of the ninth area in New Orleans September 18, 2005. [Reuters]
          A dog stands on a flooded street of the ninth area in New Orleans September 18, 2005. [Reuters]
          Mayor Ray Nagin has been encouraging many to return this week, but Allen said he was far more cautious after consulting with the heads of the Environmental Protection Administration and the Centers for Disease Control.

          Allen also warned the city's levees risked being breached again if another storm hit.

          "If you bring significant amounts of people into New Orleans, you need an evacuation plan on how you're going to do that," said during a round of appearances on FOX News, NBC and CNN on Sunday.

          A heavy machinery removes debris from a destroyed house on a street of ninth area in New Orleans September 18, 2005. [Reuters]
          A heavy machinery removes debris from a destroyed house on a street of ninth area in New Orleans September 18, 2005. [Reuters]
          "The announcement to move the repopulation ahead of any of those completed tasks in our view puts the city at risk," he added.

          Allen said he and the mayor planned to meet on Monday.

          Many residents lined up at military checkpoints around the city on Saturday to get a first look at their ravaged homes after the mayor and city officials laid out plans to let them return.

          Nagin defended his call for many citizens to return, saying the repopulation was vital to New Orleans' revival.

          "We believe our reentry plan properly balances safety concerns and the needs of our citizens to begin rebuilding their lives," Nagin said in a statement on Saturday.

          Katrina's death toll so far stands at 816, with 579 of those in Louisiana, 218 in Mississippi and a total of 19 in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.

          Medical experts in New Orleans said they feared a "second disaster" as returning residents suffered injuries amid the rubble, toppled trees and dangling power lines.

          "The second wave of disaster is when you welcome the people back and the infrastructure of the city is not in place," said Dr. Peter Deblieux, an emergency room doctor at downtown New Orleans' Charity Hospital.


          Page: 12



          Clinton Global Initiative Summit
          Schwarzenegger seeks re-election in 2006
          Suicide bombing kills at least 152 in Iraq
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's new North Korea proposal praised

           

             
           

          New cotton strain to raise output by 25%

           

             
           

          German election mandate still in question

           

             
           

          Sirens mark anniversary of Japan invasion

           

             
           

          China lauds stable yuan since July revaluation

           

             
           

          Relief at hand for thirsty northern cities

           

             
            Millions of Afghans vote, defy Taliban threats
             
            Merkel, Schroeder both claim election victory
             
            EU powers start work on Iran nuclear resolution
             
            Sharon seeks disarmament of militants
             
            Indonesia pulls troops from Aceh Province
             
            Putin: No return to Cold War rivalry with US
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Rescuers find 76-year-old survivor in New Orleans
             
          Bush rules out tax hike to fund recovery
             
          Bush lays out coast rebuilding plan
             
          Katrina called most destructive U.S. storm
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品亚洲国产成人av制服| 欧洲一区二区中文字幕| 国产成人免费手机在线观看视频| 在线观看无码av五月花| 精品国产线拍大陆久久尤物| 亚洲欧美另类精品久久久| 少妇被黑人到高潮喷出白浆| 亚洲av无码一区东京热| 亚洲精品综合一区二区在线| 人人妻人人做人人爽夜欢视频| 亚洲综合一区二区三区| 91久久久久无码精品露脸| 亚洲中文无码+蜜臀| 人妻系列中文字幕精品| 乱色熟女综合一区二区三区 | 99久久国产一区二区三区| 欧美特黄三级在线观看| 日韩一区在线中文字幕| 福利写真视频一区二区| 国产一区二区三区四区激情| 国内精品久久久久影院日本| 国产一区二区三区色成人| 久久99热精品这里久久精品| 亚洲精品午夜久久久伊人| 深田えいみ禁欲后被隔壁人妻| 九九在线中文字幕无码| 色综合中文字幕色综合激情| 无码国产精品一区二区VR老人| 日日碰狠狠添天天爽| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 伊人成人在线高清视频| 日本一区二区中文字幕久久| 九九热精品免费视频| 国产乱码日产乱码精品精| 国产美女久久久亚洲综合| 国产日产免费高清欧美一区| 亚洲熟女乱色一区二区三区| 色8久久人人97超碰香蕉987| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉 | 老外女人毛黑p大| 日韩中文字幕av有码|