<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Roadside bombs wound 2 U.S. troops in Iraq
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-21 18:58

          Roadside bombs exploded near three U.S. convoys in and around Baghdad on Wednesday, wounding two soldiers, an official said. The attacks came one day after the death toll for U.S. forces rose to more than 1,900 since the Iraq invasion.

          In the southern city of Basra, two Iraqi citizens who were wounded in clashes between British forces and Iraqi police died in a hospital Wednesday, raising the civilian death toll to five, police said. The fighting occurred Monday when British forces stormed a Basra jail to free two British soldiers who had been arrested by Basra police.

          During the raid, British forces learned that Shiite Muslim militiamen and police had just moved the two men to a nearby house. The British then stormed that house and rescued the men. Since then, British and Iraqi officials have criticized each other about attack, and police gathered on Wednesday morning to stage a protest against British forces.

          In the worst attack on U.S. forces Wednesday, a roadside bomb exploded as a U.S. military convoy drove through the Abu Ghraib area on the western outskirts of Baghdad, leaving two soldiers with minor wounds, said U.S. Lt. Jamie Davis, a spokesman for the U.S. army.

          Iraqi police 1st Lt. Mohammed Khayon said the U.S. forces then opened fire on people in the area, wounding an Iraqi civilian, but Davis couldn't confirm that.

          Roadside bombs also exploded Wednesday near two other U.S. convoys in southwestern Baghdad and in the Taji area north of the capital. No soldiers were wounded, Davis said.

          Mechanical problems forced a U.S. Army Apache helicopter to make an emergency landing about 30 miles outside the northern city of Mosul. No one was injured.

          On Monday, a Diplomatic Security agent attached to the State Department and three private American security guards were killed when their convoy was hit by a suicide car bomber in Mosul, the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad said. The four were attached to the U.S. Embassy's regional office in Mosul.

          Names of the victims were not released in Baghdad, but Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in a statement issued in New York, identified the Diplomatic Security officer as Stephen Eric Sullivan. His age and address were not given.

          The latest American deaths, which raised the overall toll to 1,907, also included a soldier from the 18th Military Police Brigade killed in a roadside bombing 75 miles north of the capital Tuesday, the military said.

          On Monday, four soldiers attached to the U.S. Marines died in two roadside bombings near the insurgent stronghold of Ramadi, 70 miles west of Baghdad. They were attached to the 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force.

          Three soldiers died Friday, but their deaths weren't announced until Tuesday.

          In Basra, British and Iraqi forces continued to disagree about what had happened there.

          British Defense Minister John Reid said his forces in the southern city, where most British forces in Iraq are based, were "absolutely right" to act. But a spokesman for Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari said the operation was "very unfortunate."

          Britain's Foreign Office later released a statement it said was from al-Jaafari's office, insisting there is no crisis in relations between the two countries.

          After British armored vehicles stormed the jail to free two commandos, Mowaffak al-Rubaie, a Shiite who serves as Iraq's national security adviser, said the operation was "a violation of Iraqi sovereignty."

          British forces used armor to bash their way into the jail compound late Monday after a day of turmoil that erupted with the arrest of the two commandos.

          At first, Basra police said the men shot and killed a policeman, but on Tuesday the al-Jaafari spokesman, Haydar al-Abadi, said the men — who were wearing civilian clothes — were grabbed for behaving suspiciously and collecting information.

          The British said the men had been handed over to a militia. The Basra governor confirmed the claim, saying the Britons were in the custody of the al-Mahdi Army, the militia controlled by radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

          "The two British were being kept in a house controlled by militiamen when the rescue operation took place," said the governor, Mohammed al-Waili.

          "Police who are members of the militia group took them to a nearby house after jail authorities learned the facility was about to be stormed," he said, demanding that the Britons be handed over to local authorities for trial. He would not say what charges they might face.

          Officials in Basra, refusing to be named because they feared for their lives, said at least 60 percent of the police force there is made up of Shiite militiamen from one of three groups: the Mahdi Army; the Badr Brigade, the armed wing of the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution; and Hezbollah in Iraq, a small group based in the marshlands in the south.

          All militia have deep historical, religious and political ties to Iran, where many Shiite political and religious figures took refuge during the rule of Saddam Hussein.

          While about 135,000 U.S. troops operate throughout Iraq, the 8,500 British forces are headquartered in the Basra region.



          Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi reappointed
          North Korea to drop nuclear weapons development
          Clinton Global Initiative Summit
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China unlikely to cut Venezuela's US oil supplies

           

             
           

          Income gap in China reaches alert level

           

             
           

          N.Korea raises stakes on nuclear deal

           

             
           

          'EU textile deal won't affect 2006 exports'

           

             
           

          Railways seeking overseas investment

           

             
           

          Translation of bin Laden speeches released

           

             
            Hurricane Rita develops into Category 3 storm
             
            Iran warns against sanctions over nukes
             
            Israeli forces complete pullout from part of West Bank
             
            Rice, Chinese FM on the same page - US spokesman
             
            US Fed boosts rates, downplays Katrina fears
             
            Israel seeks seat on UN Security Council
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 午夜福利影院不卡影院| 亚洲一区二区三区影院| 中文字幕人妻日韩精品| 中文字幕av无码免费一区| 亚洲AV无码成H人动漫无遮挡| 精品人妻久久久久久888| 午夜射精日本三级| 国产精品久久久久电影网| 91精品人妻中文字幕色| 亚洲一区二区三区在线观看播放| 国产精品无码久久久久久| 亚洲 日本 欧洲 欧美 视频| 四虎国产精品永久地址49| 少妇人妻偷人偷人精品| 亚洲女同精品一区二区| 99精品国产综合久久久久五月天| 国产精品免费视频网站| 久热这里只有精品蜜臀av| 中文字幕亚洲无线码一区女同| 在线观看国产一区亚洲bd| 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A| 久久国产精品无码网站| 亚洲成人av一区免费看| 精品国产v一区二区三区| 国产成人免费永久在线平台| 国产一区二区三区色噜噜| 国产国产人免费人成免费| 中文字幕人妻中文AV不卡专区| 女同另类激情在线三区| 亚洲乱码日产精品bd在线| 精品一区二区三区在线观看l| 干中文字幕| 尤物久久国产精品免费| 国产片AV国语在线观看手机版| 久久久精品人妻无码专区不卡| 色悠悠在线观看入口一区| 久久亚洲精品情侣| 国产成人高清精品亚洲一区| 欧美疯狂xxxxbbbb牲交| 国产三级国产精品久久成人| 亚洲成年av天堂动漫网站|