<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Saddam lawyers don't recognize trial date
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-22 07:37

          Saddam Hussein's lawyers won't recognize the Oct. 19 start of the former leader's trial because they claim they have not been notified of the date by the Special Iraqi Tribunal, the attorneys said Wednesday, AP reported.

          The lawyers "will not recognize any date for the trial if it comes within weeks or months," said Khalil Dulaimi, Saddam's Iraqi lawyer, in a statement from Baghdad.

          Dulaimi did not specify what the defense lawyers will do if no notification has been served by the time the trial opens.

          Another Saddam lawyer, Britain-based Abdel Haq Alani, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from France that the legal team "must be served notice stating a trial date and that hasn't happened."

          Saddam and seven other members of his toppled government are due to stand trial before the tribunal Oct. 19. They are charged with ordering a massacre of 143 people in Dujail, a town north of Baghdad, in 1982 after a failed assassination attempt against the ousted leader. If convicted, Saddam could be sentenced to death.

          "We are not dealing with media speculation or announcements about a trial made through the media," Alani told the AP. He declined to elaborate.

          Saddam Hussein is questioned by chief investigative judge Raid Juhi (not in picture) in August 2005.
          Saddam Hussein is questioned by chief investigative judge Raid Juhi (not in picture) in August 2005. [AFP/file]
          But he and Dulaimi have said previously that they planned to challenge the legitimacy of the trial and tribunal before Oct. 19, citing international laws that dictate a court formed under occupation is considered invalid.

          Dulaimi said Saddam's "rights are being gravely violated by the American and Iraqi authorities" and he claimed the ousted leader was being "prevented from exchanging legal documents with his lawyers."

          No "attorney-client confidentiality is respected" during meetings between Saddam and his defense team, said Dulaimi, who added that he was not allowed to review the indictment against his client or any other court evidence.

          Dulaimi also claimed that all his requests made to Iraqi or American officials "remain unanswered."

          Iraqi officials have commented frequently about Saddam's case, including President Jalal Talabani, who claimed earlier this month that the toppled leader had confessed to Iraqi investigators — an assertion Saddam's lawyers have denied.

          Dulaimi called the Iraqi government's handling of the case "arbitrary and propagandistic" and accused it of meddling in judicial proceedings.

          "Recent statements by Iraqi officials prove that the executive authority controls the case," he said.

          The "trial of a detained president of state raises doubts about the impartiality, justice and seriousness of the tribunal and its procedures."



          Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi reappointed
          North Korea to drop nuclear weapons development
          Clinton Global Initiative Summit
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Chinese fisherman killed as Indonesian navy fires

           

             
           

          Storm fury: India battered, US braces

           

             
           

          High tuition fees drive mother to suicide

           

             
           

          Sun Tiantian eclipses Serena at China Open

           

             
           

          Russia, China threaten West's push on Iran

           

             
           

          US to press China on currencies at G7 talks

           

             
            Rita swirls into category 5 storm in Gulf
             
            EU approves Turkey-Cyprus declaration
             
            Katrina's death toll climbs past 1,000
             
            Support for Iraq policy dives after Katrina
             
            Storm fury: India battered, US braces
             
            Deaths cause bird-flu fear in Indonesia
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Saddam Hussein nephew draws life sentence
             
          Kuwait, Iraq in contact over Saddam war crimes
             
          Saddam did not confess to mass killings - lawyer
             
          Saddam reportedly defends attack on Kurds
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 99中文字幕精品国产| 韩国无码AV片在线观看网站| 亚洲成av人片乱码色午夜| 秋霞无码久久久精品| 国产精品视频全国免费观看| 免费二级毛片在线播放| 国产综合视频一区二区三区| av无码东京热亚洲男人的天堂 | 色窝窝免费播放视频在线| a级国产乱理伦片在线观看al| 国产中年熟女大集合| 国产美女自慰在线观看| 国产精品久久一区二区三区| 欧美XXXX黑人又粗又长精品| 18禁无遮挡羞羞污污污污网站| 深夜福利成人免费在线观看| 中文字幕在线日韩| 国产超碰人人做人人爰| 国产高清一区二区三区视频| 国产精品不卡一二三区| 强奷乱码中文字幕| 中文字幕久久久久人妻中出| 四虎永久在线精品免费视频观看| 精品无码国产污污污免费| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲av| 日韩有码av中文字幕| 亚洲AV成人片不卡无码| 丰满老熟妇好大bbbbb| 色欲AV无码一区二区人妻| 最新国产麻豆aⅴ精品无码| 伊在人亚洲香蕉精品区| 日本高清视频网站www| 亚洲性图日本一区二区三区 | 日本边添边摸边做边爱喷水| 亚洲三区在线观看内射后入| 日韩欧美aⅴ综合网站发布| 国语对白做受xxxxx在线中国| 在线观看mv的免费网站| 中文字幕人妻中文AV不卡专区| 久久夜色噜噜噜亚洲av|