<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Eyes in the sky to aid disaster relief
          By Wu Chong (China Daily)
          Updated: 2005-09-23 05:56

          China plans to launch a constellation of eight satellites to warn of natural calamities, and help in the aftermath, a senior official of the country's disaster-relief watchdog announced yesterday.

          Three satellites will be sent into space in the first half of 2007, with five more to join them by 2010, providing a network focused on disaster prevention and relief work, said Jia Zhibang, deputy director of the National Disaster Reduction Committee.

          The satellites will be positioned in two groups at altitudes between 100 and 200 kilometres from Earth and provide high-resolution images, said Fang Zhiyong, a senior official in charge of the programme at the Ministry of Civil Affairs.

          Apart from disaster alerts, the satellites - weighing about 100 kilograms each - will play a key role in evaluating and analyzing damage, he said.

          The data provided by the satellites can thus "help uncover false reports - for instance, officials reporting a lower death toll to avoid punishment - and provide appropriate relief," Fang added.

          "The results will be 80 per cent closer to the reality about, for example, how many people and areas have been affected,"

          Rebuilding disaster-affected areas and the relocation of victims will also be made easier as the new system can help design better plans in advance, he said.

          China has three kinds of civilian-use satellites in space - for monitoring weather conditions, probing for natural resources and for ocean exploration.

          The central government has invested more than 800 million yuan (US$99 million) in the new project.

          "We will invite neighbouring countries to join us in the programme at the Asian Disaster Relief Conference next week, so that we can establish an information exchange platform to jointly cope with serious disasters," Fang said.

          "And, we may launch more than eight satellites, if necessary."

          A three-day ministerial-level meeting on disaster relief in Asia will kick off in Beijing next Tuesday and is expected to attract 350 participants from 40 countries.

          Thousands have lost their lives and China has suffered huge economic losses from natural disasters in recent years. This year, many parts of the nation have been ravaged by floods, drought and typhoons.

          Figures released yesterday show 1,630 lives were claimed in natural disasters between January and September 20 this year, with direct economic losses amounting to 163 billion yuan (US$20 billion).

          Earlier this month, the government announced it would no longer keep death tolls secret, or under-report them, as part of efforts to establish transparent governance.

          But Jia Zhibang said at the briefing yesterday that death tolls from past calamities would not be revised or republished.

          "As for the three-year natural disaster which struck China from 1959 to 1962, the government has no specific information about the death toll and therefore there will not be any new figure," he said.

          (China Daily 09/23/2005 page1)



          British Princess Anne visits children in Hefei
          Police parade to show skills in Changchun
          Soaring tide of Qiantang River
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Officials found reluctant to retract stakes in coal mines

           

             
           

          Central bank to gradually lessen forex role

           

             
           

          China bank gets IPO OK from HK bourse

           

             
           

          176 flights cancelled for military exercise

           

             
           

          Zoellick: U.S.-China relationship 'complex'

           

             
           

          Indonesia urged to discipline its navy

           

             
            China bank gets IPO OK from HK bourse
             
            Central bank to gradually lessen forex role
             
            Indonesia urged to discipline its navy
             
            Officials found reluctant to retract stakes in coal mines
             
            Insurance agents are capital's best paid
             
            Beijing's car-free day gets mixed reception
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产睡熟迷奷系列网站| 国产精品论一区二区三区| 国产一级特黄性生活大片| 亚洲男女羞羞无遮挡久久丫| 日韩一区二区三区女优丝袜| 福利一区二区视频在线| 最新精品国偷自产在线下载| 在线看高清中文字幕一区| yw尤物av无码国产在线观看| 色老99久久九九爱精品| 亚洲精品日本久久久中文字幕| 国产精品久久久福利| 人成午夜免费大片| 无码人妻天天拍夜夜爽| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线| 日韩欧美国产v一区二区三区| 亚洲成人资源在线观看| 野花香视频在线观看免费高清版 | 亚洲一区在线成人av| 成人综合网亚洲伊人| 国产视频不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲欧美日本久久网站| 乱女乱妇熟女熟妇综合网| 人妻聚色窝窝人体WWW一区| 国产精品爽爽久久久久久竹菊| 影音先锋人妻啪啪av资源网站 | 18禁免费无码无遮挡网站| 日本丰满少妇高潮呻吟| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频| 国产伦精品一区二区三区妓女| 伊人色综合九久久天天蜜桃| 亚洲人成人日韩中文字幕| 亚洲精品国产自在现线最新| 国产主播精品福利午夜二区| 精品少妇爆乳无码aⅴ区| 爱性久久久久久久久| 一级毛片网| 国产精品综合av一区二区国产馆| 人成午夜免费大片| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 伊人色综合一区二区三区影院视频|