<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel presses forward with Gaza offensive
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-28 20:25

          Widening its five-day campaign against Palestinian militants, Israel for the first time fired live artillery shells into the Gaza Strip on Wednesday and shut down 15 West Bank offices suspected of distributing money to families of suicide bombers, AP reported.


          Israeli army gunners stand next to a mobile artillery piece and shells at a staging area near Kibbutz Nahal Oz, just outside the northern Gaza Strip, Sunday Sept. 28, 2005. Widening its five-day campaign against Palestinian militants, Israel for the first time fired artillery shells into the Gaza Strip on Wednesday and shut down 15 West Bank offices suspected of distributing money to families of suicide bombers from the Hamas and Islamic Jihad groups. [AP]

          Israeli aircraft also fired missiles at several Gaza targets, knocking out power in Gaza City for most of the night, damaging several buildings and destroying an overpass, but there were no injuries. In the West Bank, Israel rounded up 24 suspected militants, bringing the number of people arrested since the weekend to more than 400.

          In other developments, an adviser to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and an Israeli Cabinet minister said Wednesday that Israel could withdraw from some parts of the West Bank and annex others to its territory if peace efforts remain bogged down.

          The comments by adviser Eyal Arad and Cabinet Minister Tzahi Hanegbi on Israel Army Radio marked the first time two confidants of the prime minister talked in public about the idea of additional unilateral moves by Israel, after the Gaza pullout that was completed in mid-September. Sharon's office said it remained committed to a negotiated peace deal with the Palestinians.

          The Israeli strikes were triggered by weekend rocket fire from Gaza at Israeli border towns. Since then, Hamas and Islamic Jihad have announced they would halt attacks, but Israel said it would press ahead with the campaign, including targeted killings of militant leaders.

          On Tuesday, Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz threatened Hamas leaders Mahmoud Zahar and Ismail Hanieh by name, saying they could be the next targets.

          Israel says the strong reaction is necessary to show that new rules are in place following its withdrawal from Gaza, after a 38-year occupation, and that attacks from the area won't be tolerated.

          "Terrorism must be rooted out," Vice Premier Shimon Peres told Israel Radio Wednesday.

          However, Israel also appears to be seizing an opportunity to deliver a major blow to Hamas, which had been largely off-limits after it agreed in February to abide by an informal truce. Israel has repeatedly demanded that Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas disarm Hamas, but Abbas has chosen to co-opt the militants instead.

          Hamas charged that Israel is also trying to weaken the group politically before the Palestinian parliament elections in January. Among those rounded up in recent days were dozens of Hamas candidates for parliament and local councils. Hamas is expected to make a strong showing in the parliament vote and in a new round of local elections — the third of four — to be held in more than 100 towns and villages Thursday.

          Ghazi Hamad, a Hamas commentator, said that "Israel could weaken Hamas, but not destroy it."

          "Hamas now is a political movement, it's a culture, with individuals, institutions, schools, universities and a huge military wing," said Hamad, editor-in-chief of the Hamas weekly, "The Message," published in Gaza.

          In a new phase of Israel's offensive, troops closed down 15 offices, including charities linked to local mosques, across the West Bank on Wednesday, the military said. Israel said money for the families of suicide bombers from Hamas and Islamic Jihad and militants jailed by Israel was distributed through these offices.

          The military activity came after various Palestinian factions, including Hamas and the ruling Fatah movement, renewed their commitment to a cease-fire, although they also said they reserve the right to retaliate for perceived Israeli truce violations. As the militants were meeting, a rocket landed in the southern Israeli town of Sderot, causing no damage or injuries, the army said. No one claimed responsibility for the attack.

          Capt. Yael Hartmann, a spokeswoman for the Israeli army, called the militants' pledges "meaningless" and said the open-ended military operation would continue.

          Israeli Justice Minister Tsipi Livni, meanwhile, called off a meeting with a Palestinian Cabinet minister to protest the kidnapping and killing of an Israeli civilian by Hamas earlier in the week. The captors had released a video of the blindfolded hostages, along with demands that Israel release Palestinians held in Israeli jails.

          Livni told Israel Radio her scheduled Thursday meeting with minister Sufian Abu Zaydeh, which was to have had been about future releases of Palestinian prisoners, had been put on hold until further notice.

          "The Palestinians have to understand that these shocking actions by Hamas only put back the possibility of prisoner releases," she said.

          Mofaz pledged Tuesday to step up pressure on the militants, saying a ground invasion into Gaza is possible as a last resort. He spoke as he toured an Israeli artillery battery near Gaza.

          "This battery ... is not meant to be decoration. It is operational, within range and it will respond against every firing of a Qassam in real time, and that is to deter," he said.

          Later, the army fired live artillery shells into northern Gaza for the first time in what it said was a response to Palestinian rocket attacks. The shells landed in an open area that the army said was used to fire rockets. No casualties were reported.



          Australia fending off bird flu
          Massive Indonesian vaccination drive against polio resumes
          Hurricane Rita aftermath in the United States
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China-US textile talks make progress, but no deal

           

             
           

          Most want income tax threshold to be raised

           

             
           

          Female suicide bomber kills six in Iraq

           

             
           

          Private pipeline to import Russian oil

           

             
           

          Japan wants China, Russia to boost UN dues

           

             
           

          Exporters face more US textile restrictions

           

             
            Israel presses forward with Gaza offensive
             
            Japan wants China, Russia to boost UN dues
             
            No 2 leader of al-Qaida in Iraq killed
             
            Many Rita victims still wait for relief
             
            Japan's delay lifting beef ban angers US
             
            Mubarak sworn in, vows to reform Egypt
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人av片在线观看| 五月天国产成人av免费观看| 国产精品呻吟一区二区三区| 亚洲www永久成人网站| 久久人妻少妇偷人精品综合桃色| 亚州av第二区国产精品| 内射极品少妇xxxxxhd| 欧美黑人又粗又大又爽免费| 亚洲中文字幕乱码电影| 午夜福利视频| 国产小受被做到哭咬床单GV| 一本大道久久精品 东京热| 亚洲一二三区精品美妇| 国产激情电影综合在线看| 亚洲av一区二区在线看| 苍井空无码丰满尖叫高潮| 国产精品老熟女一区二区| 农村老熟妇乱子伦视频| 中文字幕亚洲综合第一页| 日日摸夜夜添狠狠添欧美| 一区二区三区一级黄色片| 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添无码| 国语对白在线免费视频| 久久综合伊人77777| 免费av大片在线观看入口| 一区二区三区不卡国产| 高清激情文学亚洲一区 | 五月天综合社区| 国产一区二区日韩经典| 蜜桃视频中文在线观看| 亚洲成在人线AV品善网好看| P尤物久久99国产综合精品| 亚洲无人区一区二区三区| 俄罗斯性孕妇孕交| 国产一区二区三区精美视频| 国产啪视频免费观看视频| 国产精品小粉嫩在线观看| 久久亚洲av成人无码软件| 久热这里只国产精品视频| 亚洲精品国产av一区二区| 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载 |