<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Army ends probe on porn site photos of Iraq corpses
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-29 09:25

          The U.S. Army after a brief inquiry has failed to determine whether U.S. soldiers provided grisly photos of people killed in the Iraq war to a porn Web site in exchange for free access to it, officials said on Wednesday.

          The numerous graphic pictures posted on the Web site showed men, with their faces visible and wearing what looked like U.S. military uniforms, standing over a charred corpse, mutilated dead bodies and severed body parts.

          The porn Web site states the photos were provided by troops in Iraq as well as Afghanistan in order to get free access to its sexual images. Many of the photos, still posted on the site, are accompanied by captions making light of the corpses; for example one photo of a charred body was dubbed "Cooked Iraqi."

          The Army Criminal Investigation Command in Iraq conducted the preliminary inquiry within the past week but closed it after concluding no felony crime had been committed and failing to determine whether U.S. soldiers were responsible for the photos and whether they showed actual war dead, Army officials said.

          Col. Joe Curtin, an Army spokesman at the Pentagon, said there currently was no formal investigation into the matter.

          "We're not blowing this off," Curtin said. "If the Army thinks it's in its interest to investigate something, we will. There are multiple challenges here. One is the anonymity of the sources, dates, times, locations, units, anything that is reasonably identifiable that we can work off of."

          This controversy over the photographs involving U.S. military personnel comes a year and a half after other pictures taken by U.S. soldiers became public in April 2004 showing them abusing and sexually humiliating Iraqi prisoners at the Abu Ghraib jail, a scandal that prompted international condemnation of the United States.

          'CURSORY INVESTIGATION'

          The Washington-based Muslim civil rights group Council on American-Islamic Relations, which had called for an investigation into the allegations of photos of corpses swapped for pornography, called the probe insufficient.

          "It's entirely inappropriate for the military to do such a cursory investigation of something that is really casting a very negative light on our nation's military and can only serve to further damage America's image and interests throughout the Islamic world," said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the group.

          Hooper said the military must determine who was involved and whether the conduct violated U.S. military law and international laws governing conduct during wartime, including the Geneva Conventions.

          Curtin said the Army was not ruling out the possibility of opening a formal criminal investigation. "Any time new information becomes available that's credible, yes, they potentially could reopen the case," he said.

          The Web site separates the corpse pictures from its sexual images. According to an article in the Online Journalism Review of the Annenberg School for Communications at the University of Southern California, the site's owner, Chris Wilson, lives in Lakeland, Florida, but hosts the site out of Amsterdam. The article quotes Wilson as saying the site's images of nude female U.S. soldiers in Iraq and photos of war dead provide a "raw" account of war.

          Officials said that while the Army's preliminary inquiry had determined no felony act had taken place, soldiers potentially could be punished for conduct unbecoming a soldier, which generally brings administrative sanctions.

          Without confirming the authenticity of the photos or who took them, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said, "This does not represent the values of the United States military, and doesn't represent the vast majority of the actions and behavior of our men and women in uniform. It is a despicable practice. It's unacceptable. And the department is going to address it."

          Curtin said the military was examining policies, procedures and legal implications of how soldiers transmit photos from the battlefield, and could consider limiting troops' use of their own personal computers or cameras in a combat zone.

          "The military must be very careful in not violating an individual's First Amendment rights," Curtin said, referring to the constitutional right of free expression.

          "Soldiers encounter the horrors of war, and they are able to record it," Curtin said. "You mix it with the porn site, now you muddy the waters."

          Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker on Wednesday sent a message about "Internet Safety" to U.S. soldiers, but focused on restrictions on images that could compromise operational security on the battlefield. Curtin said the message was unrelated to the corpse photos.



          Australia fending off bird flu
          Massive Indonesian vaccination drive against polio resumes
          Hurricane Rita aftermath in the United States
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China, US edge closer to textile trade deal

           

             
           

          Taipei urged to respond to panda goodwill

           

             
           

          US happy with China yuan moves, wants more

           

             
           

          China sets blueprint for fighting flu pandemic

           

             
           

          China seen world leader in clean energy

           

             
           

          Doctors not up to scratch on hepatitis

           

             
            Many Rita victims still wait for relief
             
            Japan wants China, Russia to boost UN dues
             
            Britain rules out military action on Iran
             
            Iraqis call Lynndie England jail term travesty
             
            Israel presses forward with Gaza offensive
             
            Auditors to probe Katrina contracts
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲av鲁丝一区二区三区黄| 日本在线视频网站www色下载| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 一级内射片在线网站观看视频| 暖暖 免费 高清 日本 在线观看5| 中国帅小伙gaysextubevideo| 久久香蕉国产线看观看怡红院妓院| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 各种少妇wbb撒尿| 蜜芽久久人人超碰爱香蕉 | 一本一本大道香蕉久在线播放| 亚洲国产精品日韩专区av| 诱人的岳hd中文字幕| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 91青草久久久久久清纯| 少妇被搞高潮在线免费观看| 在线观看精品自拍视频| 国产精品福利视频导航| 国产午夜福利精品久久不卡| 国产精品国产精品偷麻豆| 女同另类激情在线三区| 91老熟女老女人国产老| 91国产自拍一区二区三区| 国产精品一区二区在线欢| 精品国产免费一区二区三区香蕉| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 亚洲国产成人资源在线| 蜜桃臀无码AV在线观看| 亚洲αⅴ无码乱码在线观看性色| 任我爽精品视频在线播放| 啊┅┅快┅┅用力啊岳网站| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频 | 91精品免费久久久| 成人乱码一区二区三区四区| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖| 国产精品亚洲一区二区z| 亚洲国产AⅤ精品一区二区不卡 | 九九热在线视频中文字幕| 日韩av日韩av在线| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品青草漫画| 中文国产成人精品久久不卡 |