<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Minister's brother free after gunbattle
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-10-03 10:46

          The brother of Iraq's interior minister escaped Sunday amid the chaos of a gunfight between his captors and members of Muqtada al-Sadr's Mehdi Army militia, according to Iraqi police and a militia official.


          Minister's brother free after gunbattle
          It remained unclear who kidnapped Dr. Abdul Jabbar Solagh Jabr, the brother of Interior Minister Bayan Jabr, Saturday afternoon in eastern Baghdad.

          Mehdi Army fighters engaged in a gunbattle with Jabr's captors, said Abbas al-Rubaie, an official with the radical cleric's office in Sadr City.

          An official with Baghdad's emergency police confirmed al-Rubaie's account, saying police sent a patrol to the scene after the gunbattle.

          Al-Sadr is the Shiite cleric whose supporters battled U.S. troops for months last year in Najaf and Baghdad. Al-Sadr and the group later started participating in the country's political process.

          Al-Rubaie said four Mehdi militia men were on their regular patrol Sunday around 7:15 p.m. (12:15 p.m. ET) when they discovered a parked car.

          As the armed men approached, gunmen opened fire on them from inside the car, al-Rubaie said.

          After several minutes of gunfire, al-Rubaie said the abductors fled -- one of them wounded -- leaving Jabr inside the vehicle.

          The abductors had made no demands for his release, a Health Ministry official told CNN earlier Sunday.

          Jabr, who is the head of al-Hakim hospital, was kidnapped Saturday around 4:30 p.m. by four gunmen while he was driving in the eastern Baghdad neighborhood of Habibiya, according to a police official in the capital.

          Jabr was stopped, pulled out of his car, put in another vehicle by the kidnappers and driven away, the official said.

          Officials determined his identity when they found documents during a search of his car at the scene, the police official said.

          An Iraqi police official told CNN that Jabr usually travels in his own car without bodyguards.

          Meanwhile, gunmen killed the director-general of Iraq's Municipalities and Public Works Ministry, an Iraqi police official said Sunday.

          Safaa Muhammed was driving his car in the western Baghdad neighborhood of Mansour when passing gunmen opened fire.

          Second day of offensive
          U.S. Marines and soldiers faced sporadic small arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades as they entered Karabila on Sunday, part of the military's latest operation in Anbar province.

          About 1,000 forces, backed by Marine aircraft, are trying to root out insurgents and enemy fighters in an area near the Syrian border, the military said.

          No Marine casualties have been reported in the first two days of the offensive. One U.S. soldier was wounded, military officials said.

          During the push into eastern Karabila, five miles from Syria, U.S. planes dropped three 500-pound bombs on a compound that they suspected to be an insurgent stronghold.

          In another incident, seven civilians were wounded, six of whom were hospitalized, by a tank round.

          Also, U.S. forces fired a .50-caliber machine gun at a suspicious vehicle, which blew up as if it was loaded with explosives.

          On Saturday, U.S. forces went house to house in Sa'da, where many people fled before the mission. One resident told CNN many feared destruction similar to Falluja, site of ferocious battle in November.

          "For the past several months, terrorists within Sa'da have escalated their intimidation and murder campaign against the local populace and city government officials," the military said.

          The military said it killed eight insurgents in Sa'da, which is about 12 miles from the porous Syrian border.

          According to the military, four of the insurgents were killed when they attacked a Marine position with small arms and at least one car rigged with a bomb. One insurgent surrendered, the military said.

          Marines also found the town "littered" with homemade bombs, CNN's Jennifer Eccleston reported.

          Karabila has been the site of two previous missions -- Operation Matador in May and Operation Spear in June.

          In the past, U.S.-led offensives in Anbar have lasted about a week, but insurgents have returned to towns after the troops left. The city of Hit, however, still has a U.S. and Iraqi presence, after coalition forces took control about two months ago.

          On Monday, the U.S. military said it was redeploying troops to the 30,000-square-mile region bound by the Euphrates River and the borders of Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Syria, where the Marines had been stretched thin.

          Military officials believe more than 1,000 insurgents operate in the province, said Col. Stephen Davis, commander of the Marine Regimental Combat Team 2.

          Operation Iron Fist was launched two weeks ahead of an October 15 national referendum on a new Iraqi constitution.



          Bali bombings kill 25, 100 injured
          US millionaire ready for space trip
          Los Angeles fire
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Suicide bombers blamed for carnage on Bali

           

             
           

          India-China energy partnership to benefit Asia

           

             
           

          Hu, Bush hail opening of Festival of China

           

             
           

          Japan eyes ministerial talks with China

           

             
           

          Typhoon Longwang hits Fujian after Taiwan

           

             
           

          21 die as tour boat capsizes on US lake

           

             
            Minister's brother free after gunbattle
             
            Report: NASA wasted millions on routine travel
             
            Suicide bombers blamed for carnage on Bali
             
            EU FMs fail to break Turkey deadlock
             
            21 die as tour boat capsizes on US lake
             
            Suicide bombers kill 25 in Bali tttacks
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产真实伦在线观看视频| 午夜精品福利一区二区三| 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 亚洲一区二区三区| 狠狠色婷婷久久综合频道日韩| 婷婷五月亚洲综合图区| 116美女极品a级毛片| 亚洲国产欧美在线看片一国产| 成人国产精品中文字幕| 在线观看中文字幕国产码| 成年在线观看免费人视频| 97中文字幕在线观看| a级毛片无码免费真人| 色偷偷人人澡人人爽人人模| 成熟熟女国产精品一区二区| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天天天| 亚洲暴爽av天天爽日日碰| 日本欧美视频在线观看| 一区二区三区午夜无码视频| 日本阿v片在线播放免费| 亚洲经典在线中文字幕| 最新精品国偷自产在线下载| 国产中文字幕精品喷潮| 日日躁狠狠躁狠狠爱| 老司机亚洲精品一区二区| 好姑娘完整版在线观看| 婷婷久久综合九色综合88| 中文字幕一区有码视三区| 人妻系列无码专区免费| 国内精品久久久久影院网站 | 熟妇人妻中文字幕| 精品无码国产日韩制服丝袜| 国产精品99久久免费观看| 欧美一本大道香蕉综合视频| 九九热精品在线免费视频| 午夜国产理论大片高清| 国产高清自产拍av在线| 九九热中文字幕在线视频| 欧美精品1卡二卡三卡四卡| 91蜜臀国产自产在线观看| 无码AV中文字幕久久专区|