<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Gaza border security agreement nears
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-10-09 18:45

          Israel and the Palestinians were moving toward agreement on new security arrangements for Gaza's border with Egypt, officials from both sides said Saturday, a deal that could allow Palestinian residents of the coastal strip relatively free movement for the first time.


          Under a portrait of the late Yasser Arafat, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, also known as Abu Mazen, talks to journalists at his office in Gaza City Saturday, Oct. 8, 2005, Israel and the Palestinians were moving toward agreement on new security arrangements for Gaza's border with Egypt, officials from both sides said Saturday, a deal that could allow Palestinian residents of the coastal strip relatively free movement for the first time. [AP]

          The signs of progress came days before Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas were to meet for the first time since Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.

          Also Saturday, the Palestinians broke ground on their first major development project in Gaza since the withdrawal — a $100 million complex that will provide housing for 25,000 people. The development, funded by the United Arab Emirates, was being built on the former Jewish settlement of Morag and was expected to take two years to complete.

          A border deal would mark a significant breakthrough. Before completing its withdrawal last month, Israel closed the Rafah border terminal, Gaza's main gateway to the outside world. The Palestinians say reopening the border is vital for Gaza's devastated economy.

          A deal to reopen the terminal will have to address the security concerns of Israel, which fears militants and weapons will reach Gaza more easily without the Israeli inspectors who once operated Rafah.

          This concern was underscored in the days following the Israeli withdrawal. Border control broke down and thousands of Palestinians crossed freely in and out of Egypt without any security checks. With few exceptions, Palestinians have been barred from traveling to Egypt since order was restored.

          Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom also said Saturday that Egypt is not doing enough to stop the flow of weapons into Gaza and that anti-tank rockets and shoulder-held missiles have reached the area.

          "There is no doubt that the situation has improved, compared to the first days, but we still see a relatively free movement (of weapons)," he told Israel Radio.

          Egypt and Israel negotiated a security arrangement, including the deployment of 750 Egyptian border guards, ahead of the Gaza pullout.

          Under a compromise proposal brokered by international mediator James Wolfensohn, Palestinian travelers and exports leaving Gaza would go through Rafah, with foreign inspectors supervising the traffic.

          Incoming goods would be rerouted through Kerem Shalom, an Israeli-run inspection point in the area where Gaza, Egypt and Israel converge.

          Wolfensohn told Abbas on Friday that Israel had agreed in principle to the presence of European inspectors, said a Palestinian official who participated in the talks. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to talk to the media.

          A senior Israeli official said Israel is open to the idea of foreign monitors on the border and the Wolfensohn plan is "one of the options" under consideration. Israel wants to have access to the terminal's computers to monitor who is entering and leaving Gaza, the official said, declining to be identified because of government rules.

          Abbas and Sharon were expected to meet Tuesday, but the date was uncertain. Both sides have said it would be better not to hold the meeting at all than to have it fail.

          Israel wants Abbas to take tougher action against militant groups. Abbas has refused to use force to disarm the groups, preferring instead to negotiate with them, though he recently imposed a ban on public displays of weapons in Gaza. Militants repeatedly have flouted the ban.

          "We call on our brothers who started the calm with us, who agreed to end military parades and displays, to start a new era and open a new page, the page of construction, development and investment," Abbas said during the groundbreaking ceremony for the Gaza housing project.

          Abbas stressed he wanted measurable progress in a meeting with Sharon.

          "We don't want a public relations summit. We don't want a failed summit. We want a meaningful summit with results," Abbas said Saturday.

          In a possible concession, Israeli security officials decided over the weekend that they would not object to a prisoner release approved by the government, officials said Saturday.

          The officials also recommended that Palestinian security forces be permitted to obtain armored vehicles and more ammunition to help bolster efforts to control militants. Israel's security chiefs, however, object to allowing the Palestinians to purchase more guns, the officials said.

          The issues are likely to be discussed during an Israeli Cabinet meeting Sunday.



          Quake jolted South Asia, killing more than 30,000 people
          Liberia's first post-war elections
          Strong earthquake hits Indian subcontinent
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Leadership to adjust growth model, focus on wealth gap

           

             
           

          Shenzhou VI may begin space trip October 12

           

             
           

          South Asia earthquake kills at least 30,000

           

             
           

          Survey: Highest mountain comes up short

           

             
           

          US takes patient tack on yuan policies

           

             
           

          China uplifting the whole Asian economy

           

             
            South Asia earthquake kills at least 30,000
             
            Bid to delay Saddam's trial dismissed
             
            Abbas-Sharon summit thrown into doubt
             
            Schroeder, Merkel delay resolving chancellor feud
             
            Rebels kidnap 19 in Sudan, release some
             
            US police pharged after violent arrest taped
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 午夜福利电影| 国产在线视频导航| 国产999久久高清免费观看| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线| 99精品这里只有精品高清视频| 日韩精品无码一区二区视频| 久久无码高潮喷水| 亚洲av永久无码精品天堂久久| 天天摸天天操免费播放小视频 | 国产成人高清精品免费软件| 精品人妻系列无码天堂| 久久久久亚洲AV成人片一区| 九九热精彩视频在线免费| 美女把尿囗扒开让男人添| 欧美不卡视频一区发布| 加勒比无码人妻东京热| 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区| 国产精品三级一区二区三区| 久久精品蜜芽亚洲国产AV| 精品国产一区二区三区av色诱| 鲁丝一区鲁丝二区鲁丝三区| 精品国产乱码久久久久APP下载| 久久精品a亚洲国产v高清不卡| 亚洲精品成人片在线观看精品字幕| 无码AV无码免费一区二区| 免费人妻无码不卡中文字幕18禁| 精品一日韩美女性夜视频| 国产一区二区三区精品综合| 国产美女mm131爽爽爽毛片| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 男人资源最新资源网站| 亚洲中文字幕精品第三区| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 日本一卡2卡3卡4卡无卡免费| 天堂网国产| 成人国产精品中文字幕| 忘忧草在线社区www中国中文| 韩国三级+mp4| 国产AV福利第一精品| 精品无码三级在线观看视频| 91精品国产老熟女在线|