<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US police charged after violent arrest taped
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-10-10 09:39

          Two New Orleans police officers repeatedly punched a 64-year-old man accused of public intoxication, and another city officer assaulted an Associated Press Television News producer as a cameraman taped the confrontations.

          After being questioned, the three officers were arrested late Sunday and charged with battery. They were then released and ordered to appear in court at a later date, Capt. Marlon Defillo said.

          "We have great concern with what we saw this morning," Defillo said after he and about a dozen other high-ranking police department officials watched the APTN footage Sunday. "It's a troubling tape, no doubt about it. ... This department will take immediate action."

          Robert Davis, who was repeatedly punched by two police officers during his arrest is shown in a mug shot released by the police in New Orleans Sunday afternoon Oct. 9, 2005.
          Robert Davis, who was repeatedly punched by two police officers during his arrest is shown in a mug shot released by the police in New Orleans Sunday afternoon Oct. 9, 2005.[AP]
          The assaults come as the department, long plagued by allegations of brutality and corruption, struggles with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and the resignation last month of Police Superintendent Eddie Compass.

          The APTN tape shows an officer hitting the man at least four times in the head Saturday night as he stood outside a bar near Bourbon Street. The suspect, Robert Davis, appeared to resist, twisting and flailing as he was dragged to the ground by four officers. Another of the four officers then kneed Davis and punched him twice. Davis was face-down on the sidewalk with blood streaming down his arm and into the gutter.

          Police officers subdue a man on Conti Street near Bourbon Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans Saturday night, Oct. 8, 2005.
          Police officers subdue a man on Conti Street near Bourbon Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans Saturday night, Oct. 8, 2005.[AP]
          Meanwhile, a fifth officer ordered APTN producer Rich Matthews and the cameraman to stop recording. When Matthews held up his credentials and explained he was working, the officer grabbed the producer, leaned him backward over a car, jabbed him in the stomach and unleashed a profanity-laced tirade.

          "I've been here for six weeks trying to keep ... alive. ... Go home!" shouted the officer, who later identified himself as S.M. Smith.

          Police said Davis, 64, of New Orleans, was booked on public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation. He was treated at a hospital and released into police custody.

          A mug shot of Davis, provided by a jailer, showed him with his right eye swollen shut, an apparent abrasion on the left side of his neck and a cut on his right temple.

          "The incidents taped by our cameraman are extremely troubling," said Mike Silverman, AP's managing editor. "We are heartened that the police department is taking them seriously and promising a thorough investigation."

          Davis, who is black, was subdued at the intersection of Conti and Bourbon streets. Three of the officers appeared to be white, and the other is light skinned. The officer who hit Matthews is white. Defillo said race was not an issue.

          Three of the five officers — including Smith — are New Orleans officers, and two others appeared to be federal officers. Numerous agencies have sent police to help with patrols in the aftermath of Katrina.

          Under normal circumstances, it takes unusually offensive behavior to trigger an arrest on Bourbon Street. But New Orleans police have been working under stressful conditions since the hurricane.

          Officers slept in their cars and worked 24-hour shifts after the storm. Three-quarters lost their homes and their families are scattered across the country.

          "Our police officers are working under some very trying times," Defillo said. "So it's a difficult time, but it doesn't excuse what our jobs are supposed to be."

          Many officers deserted their posts in the days after Katrina, and some were accused of joining in the looting that broke out. At least two committed suicide.

          Conditions have improved — officers now have beds on a cruise ship — but they don't have private rooms and are still working five, 12-hour days.

          Compass, the police superintendent, resigned Sept. 27. Despite more than 10 years of reform efforts dating to before he took office, police were dogged by allegations of brutality and corruption.

          On Friday, state authorities said they were investigating allegations that New Orleans police broke into a dealership and made off with nearly 200 cars — including 41 new Cadillacs — as the storm closed in.



          Soyuz space capsule lands
          Japanese parliament's lower house passes postal reform bills
          Quake jolted South Asia, killing more than 30,000 people
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Second manned spacecraft successfully takes off

           

             
           

          Next goals: Permanent space lab, and moon

           

             
           

          AP: Chinese crew starts space mission

           

             
           

          Reuters: Astronauts blast off into space

           

             
           

          CPC sets blueprint for next five years

           

             
           

          Chinese rescuers in Pakistan offer hope

           

             
            Iraqis reach breakthrough deal on charter
             
            Iraqi judges trained for Saddam trial
             
            Diplomats see possible Iran compromise
             
            Yemen said linked to guns in Saudi attack
             
            Sharon pledges progress toward peace
             
            Bush vows locals will lead Gulf rebuilding
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美高清精品一区二区| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 国产精品中文字幕在线| 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 中文字幕在线精品国产| 国产尤物av尤物在线观看| 亚洲精品中文字幕一区二| 日本一卡2卡3卡4卡无卡免费| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品| 国产精品18久久久久久麻辣| 人人妻人人澡人人爽| 美女无遮挡免费视频网站| 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品| 久久99国产一区二区三区| 任我爽精品视频在线播放| 久久精品人妻无码一区二区三| 国产一区二区三区色噜噜| 免费看欧美全黄成人片| 最近高清日本免费| 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品| 欧美伊人亚洲伊人色综| 亚洲精品成人福利网站| 亚洲精品无码成人A片九色播放| 日韩国产精品区一区二区| 成年18禁美女网站免费进入| 国产精品午夜福利在线观看| 久久精品一偷一偷国产| 国内精品久久久久电影院| 天堂影院一区二区三区四区| 玖玖在线精品免费视频| 丰满少妇又爽又紧又丰满在线观看| 亚洲国产精品日韩专区av| 国产成人亚洲日韩欧美| 日本精品一区二区在线看| 欧洲熟妇熟女久久精品综合| 国产精品三级av一区二区| 91亚洲国产三上悠亚在线播放| 50岁熟妇的呻吟声对白| 国产日产欧产精品精品| 国产精品亚洲二区在线播放| 欧美福利电影A在线播放|