<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          UN considers extending Hariri probe
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-10-18 11:01

          The U.N. Security Council has discussed extending the probe into the assassination of Lebanon's former prime minister if an upcoming report on the slaying leaves any questions unanswered, a senior diplomat said Monday.

          The lead investigator of the probe, Detlev Mehlis, is expected to turn in his report on the killing of Rafik Hariri by the end of this week. The Lebanese opposition has accused Syria of playing a role in Hariri's Feb. 14 death in a car bombing, allegations Damascus repeatedly has denied.

          The council may ask Mehlis to continue working until the end of the year if necessary if "new questions" arise, said Romanian Foreign Minister Mihai Razvan Ungureanu, whose nation holds the rotating presidency of the Security Council for October.

          Ungureanu refused to speculate on what further questions the council might have for Mehlis.

          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said earlier Monday he is determined to keep the upcoming report from fanning tensions between Lebanon and Syria. He stressed that the report will be of a technical nature.

          That apparently means that Mehlis will be under orders to stick to the facts of Hariri's death and resist speculation on motives or the political climate surrounding the bombing.

          "I know there has been lots of political commentary and lots of discussions about it but from where I sit, I'm determined to make it as technical as possible and not allow a politicization of the process," Annan said.

          Mehlis has named four pro-Syrian Lebanese generals as suspects and questioned seven Syrian officials, one of whom — Interior Minister Ghazi Kenaan — committed suicide last week.

          Annan said there had been no "serious discussion" of widening the probe to investigate Kenaan's suicide, and Ungureanu said he had heard nothing of the sort either.

          On Thursday, Lebanon's government requested that the probe be prolonged until Dec. 15. Annan, who could recommend such an extension to the council, said he will wait to answer the request until after he gets the report.

          Hariri's death led to demonstrations against Syria and magnified the international pressure on Damascus to withdraw its troops, which it eventually did. The Security Council approved a probe into Hariri's assassination on April 8.

          Annan gave the probe a three-month mandate when it began its work on June 16 but said it could be extended for three more months if necessary. In August, Mehlis received an extension beyond the original Sept. 15 deadline.

          Also Monday, French police announced the arrest of a former Syrian intelligence officer who was accused of giving false testimony to Mehlis' probe. Mohammed Zuhair Al-Siddiq was detained on a Lebanese warrant on Sunday and was likely to be extradited.

          Details of the claims against him were not clear. The Beirut newspaper Al-Mustaqbal alleged that Al-Siddiq was an accomplice in the planning and execution of the bombing that killed Hariri. The newspaper is owned by the Hariri family.



          Franz Muentefering to be German vice chancellor
          Soyuz space capsule lands
          Iraq constitutional referendum opens
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Koizumi's shrine visit draws rage, protests

           

             
           

          More flexible exchange rate system promised

           

             
           

          Stage set for bigger space push

           

             
           

          Bush to visit China in November

           

             
           

          Taiwan farmers attend Beijing trade fair

           

             
           

          WSJ: US global influence is waning

           

             
            Iraqis probe 'unusually high' yes tally
             
            Merkel rivals to join German cabinet, talks start
             
            Bush to visit Japan, China, South Korea, Mongolia
             
            Ethnic violence kills 37 people in India
             
            Iraqi PM complains of delay in Saddam case
             
            Bird flu found in sparrows in central Thailand
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一区二区三区禁18| 国产亚洲精品第一综合麻豆| 国产成人综合95精品视频| 最新国产精品亚洲| 丰满的女邻居2| 在线观看特色大片免费视频| 色吊a中文字幕一二三区| 日韩av无码精品人妻系列| 国产啪在线91| 免费无码成人AV片在线 | 高清偷自拍亚洲精品三区| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 国产农村妇女一区二区三区| 色欲国产精品一区成人精品| 亚洲国产精品13p| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 九九久久精品国产免费看小说 | 国产va精品免费观看| 无遮无挡爽爽免费视频| 亚洲综合精品一区二区三区| 亚洲春色在线视频| 日韩视频免费| 国产亚洲精品aaaa片app| 国产精品美人久久久久久AV| 69精品丰满人妻无码视频a片| 国产成人av电影在线观看第一页| 欧美日韩一线| 日韩美av一区二区三区| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 国产成人精选在线观看不卡| 欧美一本大道香蕉综合视频| 国产亚洲精品视频中文字幕 | 天堂av网一区二区三区| 亚洲人成人网站色www| 4480yy亚洲午夜私人影院剧情| 老鸭窝| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 伊人久久精品一区二区三区| 亚洲大尺度无码无码专线| 国产精品中文第一字幕| 国产又粗又猛又黄又爽无遮挡|