<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Afghans outraged over alleged desecration
          (Afghanistan)
          Updated: 2005-10-21 08:59

          Islamic clerics expressed outrage Thursday at television footage that purportedly shows U.S. soldiers burning the bodies of two dead Taliban fighters to taunt other militants and warned of a possible violent anti-American backlash.

          President Hamid Karzai condemned the alleged desecration and ordered an inquiry. The operational commander of the U.S. military in Afghanistan, which launched its own criminal probe, said the alleged act, if true, was "repugnant."

          Worried about the potential for anti-American feelings over the incident, the State Department said it instructed U.S. embassies around the globe to tell local governments that the reported abuse did not reflect American values.

          Cremating bodies is banned under Islam, and one Muslim leader in Afghanistan compared the video to photographs of U.S. troops abusing prisoners at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.

          "Abu Ghraib ruined the reputation of the Americans in Iraq and to me this is even worse," said Faiz Mohammed, a top cleric in northern Kunduz province. "This is against Islam. Afghans will be shocked by this news. It is so humiliating. There will be very, very dangerous consequences from this."

          A US soldier watches the sunset over the desert in Afghanistan while on patrol. The United States expressed concern about film of US soldiers burning the bodies of two suspected Taliban militants which comes as a new blow to the image of the US military.(AFP
          A US soldier watches the sunset over the desert in Afghanistan while on patrol. The United States expressed concern about film of US soldiers burning the bodies of two suspected Taliban militants which comes as a new blow to the image of the US military.[AFP/file]
          Anger also was evident in the streets.

          "If they continue to carry out such actions against us, our people will change their policy and react with the same policy against them," said Mehrajuddin, a resident of Kabul, who like many Afghans uses only one name.

          Another man in the capital, Zahidullah, said the reported abuse was like atrocities committed by Soviet troops, who were driven out of Afghanistan in 1989 after a decade of occupation. He warned that the same could happen to American forces.

          "Their future will be like the Russians," Zahidullah said.

          In Washington, the U.S. government also condemned the alleged incident.

          The allegation was "very serious" and "very troubling," State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said. His comment came after the department said U.S. embassies had been told to inform foreigners that abuse of remains "is not reflective of our values."

          The move suggested U.S. worries about an anti-American uproar like Afghan riots in May that erupted after Newsweek said U.S. soldiers at the Guantanamo Bay detention facility desecrated Islam's holy book, the Quran. Newsweek later retracted the story.

          The alleged body burning comes as the U.S. military is struggling to bolster its image in Afghanistan amid charges by Karzai of heavy-handed tactics in fighting the Taliban.

          Australia's SBS television network broadcast the video purportedly showing soldiers burning the bodies of two suspected Taliban fighters in hills outside Gonbaz village in the southern Shah Wali Kot district — an area plagued by Taliban activity and considered by the local security forces as too dangerous to venture into unless accompanied by U.S. troops.

          The network said the video was taken by a freelance journalist, Stephen Dupont. Dupont, who told The Associated Press that he was embedded with the Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade, said the burnings happened Oct. 1.

          He told SBS that soldiers in a U.S. Army psychological operations unit later broadcast taunting messages targeting the village, which was believed to be harboring Taliban fighters.

          "They deliberately wanted to incite that much anger from the Taliban so the Taliban could attack them. ... That's the only way they can find them," Dupont said.

          The video did not show those messages being broadcast, although it showed some military vehicles fitted with speakers and playing loud music.

          According to a transcript released by SBS, the messages called the Taliban "cowardly dogs."

          "You are too scared to come down and retrieve their bodies," said one message, according to the transcript.

          Dupont told the AP the messages were broadcast in the local dialect but were translated into English for him by members of the Army unit. He declined to provide further information.

          The U.S. military said the Army Criminal Investigation Command was looking into the matter.

          "This alleged action is repugnant to our common values," Maj. Gen. Jason Kamiya said from the U.S. base at Bagram. "This command takes all allegations of misconduct or inappropriate behavior seriously and has directed an investigation into circumstances surrounding this allegation."

          A U.S. military spokeswoman, Sgt. Marina Evans, said investigators would check whether the purported act violated the Geneva Convention, which says the dead must be "honorably interred, if possible according to the rites of the religion to which they belonged."

          The Afghan Defense Ministry launched its own investigation, Karzai's spokesman, Karim Rahimi, said.

          "We strongly condemn any disrespect to human bodies regardless of whether they are those of enemies or friends," he told the AP.



          Baby 81
          Saddam on trial Wednesday
          Rumsfeld in town to discuss military exchanges
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China offers nuclear assurance to Rumsfeld

           

             
           

          Nation's GDP up 9.4% on back of spending

           

             
           

          China step up efforts in bird flu fight

           

             
           

          Oil price impact on China's economy 'limited'

           

             
           

          Construction Bank raises 8 b dollars in IPO

           

             
           

          China's car sales grow 33% in September

           

             
            UN: Syria, Lebanon involved in slaying
             
            US official Richardson Meets North Korea's No 2 leader
             
            Afghans outraged over alleged desecration
             
            Mexico's Cancun evacuates as Wilma grows, nears
             
            Defense lawyer in Saddam trial abducted
             
            Saddam pleads innocent, gets into scuffle
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 中文国产不卡一区二区| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码| 熟女人妻视频| 久久精品国产亚洲夜色AV网站| 精品人妻久久久久久888| 亚洲精品毛片一区二区| 波多结野衣一区二区三区| 国产成人精品亚洲高清在线| 六十路老熟妇乱子伦视频| 老司机午夜福利视频| 国产精品无码一区二区三区电影 | 别揉我奶头~嗯~啊~的视频| 少妇爽到呻吟的视频| 国产人与禽zoz0性伦多活几年| 黑人巨大精品oideo| 午夜免费无码福利视频麻豆| 女人18毛片水真多| 老色99久久九九爱精品| 奇米四色7777中文字幕| 国产精品国产高清国产专区| 国产美女久久久亚洲综合| 2021国产成人精品久久| 日韩av毛片在线播放| 九九热在线精品视频九九| 秋霞国产av一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区av观看| 狠狠色综合久久狠狠色综合| 在线观看人成视频免费| 4hu四虎永久在线观看| 麻花传媒在线观看免费| 午夜福利一区二区三区在线观看| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 免费无码又爽又刺激网站| 午夜福利国产精品视频| 国产精品自产拍在线观看花钱看 | 一区二区三区四区亚洲综合 | 日本亚洲色大成网站www久久| 五月婷之久久综合丝袜美腿| mm1313亚洲国产精品| 女同久久一区二区三区|