<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq to step up security for Saddam trial
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-10-22 17:50

          Iraq's interim government said Saturday it will step up security for defense lawyers in Saddam Hussein's trial, after one was abducted and killed by gunmen disguised as security forces.

          The body of the Sunni Arab defense lawyer, Saadoun Sughaiyer al-Janabi, was found dumped on a street in Baghdad Friday just hours after gunmen dragged him out of his office. He had been shot twice in the head.

          Shaken by their colleague's death, the 12 other defense lawyers demanded the government provide them protection.

          "We have decided to take some measures to protect the lawyers," Gen. Hussein Ali Kamal, a deputy minister in the Interior Ministry, said Saturday. "We cannot give any details regarding those measures for security reasons," Kamal told The Associated Press.

          Kamal and other government officials met until late Friday night to consider the attorneys' demands.

          Iraqis place the coffin of Saadoun Sughaiyer al-Janabi, a defense lawyer in Saddam Hussein's mass murder trial, on a vehicle outside a morgue in Baghdad, Iraq, Friday, Oct. 21, 2005.
          Iraqis place the coffin of Saadoun Sughaiyer al-Janabi, a defense lawyer in Saddam Hussein's mass murder trial, on a vehicle outside a morgue in Baghdad, Iraq, Friday, Oct. 21, 2005. [AP]
          Saddam and his seven co-defendants face possible death sentences if convicted on charges of murder and torture for the 1982 massacre of 148 Shiites in the town of Dujail north of Baghdad. The defendants have pleaded innocent. After the opening day of their trial on Wednesday, it was adjourned until Nov. 28.

          Meanwhile, Iraqis were still waiting to know the outcome of the country's Oct. 15 constitutional referendum, and they likely will not learn the final results until next week.

          Initial returns indicated the charter passed, prompting Sunni Arabs opposing it to level accusations of fraud. Electoral officials are auditing unusually high "yes" votes in some areas to ensure there were no irregularities.

          "We are still awaiting the results of the audit from the provinces which we have selected randomly," Farid Ayar, a senior member of the Independent Electoral Commission of Iraq, said in an interview on Saturday. He refused to identify the provinces involved to protect the security of the commission and United Nations officials working there.

          The commission announced referendum turnout figures Friday, saying 9,775,000 Iraqis cast ballots — or 63 percent of registered voters. That was higher than January's parliament elections, in which 60 percent of Iraqis participated, including fewer Sunni Arabs.

          Also, the secretary general of the Arab League, Amr Moussa, was expected to leave Iraq on Saturday after a three-day visit aimed at organizing a reconciliation conference among Iraq's sharply divided Shiites, Kurds and Sunni Arabs.

          Moussa, who was making his first visit to Iraq since Saddam's fall, has strongly condemned insurgent violence in Iraq in an effort to overcome Shiite and Kurdish suspicion of the pan-Arab body.

          Still, Iraqi leaders did not commit to a reconciliation conference that Moussa is trying to organize, the first major intervention by the Arab League in the country's relentless bloodshed.

          Shiite and Kurdish leaders complain the league has taken too long to seek a role, resent its past support for Saddam and suspect the body is biased toward Iraq's Sunni Arab minority.

          In the latest attack, a roadside bomb targeting a police patrol exploded Saturday in southern Baghdad, killing one policeman, said police 1st Lt. Thaeir Mahmud.

          On Friday, the U.S. military announced the deaths of four more service members, edging the total number of American military fatalities near 2,000 since the start of the Iraq war.

          The lawyers also demanded the government move the trial outside Iraq, said Khamees Hamid al-Ubaidi, one of Saddam's two lawyers.

          That was unlikely, as the government has fiercely rejected any international venue, insisting Saddam should be tried by Iraqis in Iraq. And Gen. Kamal, the Interior Ministry official, said Saturday that there has been no change in that position.

          Heavy security already had been provided for the trial prosecutors and judges, who were considered likely targets of insurgents. Their names have not been revealed and their faces were not shown in the broadcast of Wednesday's opening session — with the exception of the presiding judge and the top prosecutor, whose identities were revealed for the first time.

          But before Saturday's announcement by Kamal no security measures had been extended to the defense lawyers. Their identities have been known, although most of them have not been prominently discussed in the Iraqi media.



          Baby 81
          Saddam on trial Wednesday
          Rumsfeld in town to discuss military exchanges
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Military opens material procurement website

           

             
           

          New law to strengthen energy security

           

             
           

          A true story about Taishi village incident

           

             
           

          Women's hearts offer clues to markets

           

             
           

          Measures to contain increase in foreign debt

           

             
           

          Paper seeks wider heritage protection

           

             
            Defense in Saddam trial demands sescurity
             
            Bird flu found in Britain, Croatia
             
            US troops burned bodies because 'they stank'
             
            Hurricane Wilma tears into Mexican resorts
             
            Bush calls for UN action against Syria
             
            UN food aid work in North Korea to continue
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Defense lawyer in Saddam trial abducted
             
          Iraqi tribunal confirms Saddam trial date
             
          Saddam could be executed after first trial
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 美女大bxxxxn内射| 国产av成人精品播放| 亚洲欧美成人a∨观看| 精品国产迷系列在线观看| 日本欧美v大码在线| 亚洲一国产一区二区三区| 婷婷综合亚洲| 色综合久久人妻精品日韩| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区中 | 亚洲国产精品久久久天堂麻豆宅男 | 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久曰| 日本三级理论久久人妻电影| 香蕉亚洲欧洲在线一区| 亚洲国产精品一区二区久| 处破痛哭a√18成年片免费| 国产亚洲精品午夜福利| 国产人禽杂交18禁网站| 国产精品中文av专线| 欧美性色黄大片www喷水| 日本免费一区二区三区久久| 麻花传媒在线观看免费| 绝顶丰满少妇av无码| 免费无码av片在线观看播放| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网络| 亚洲色大成网站WWW国产| 亚洲国产韩国欧美在线| 日本大片免A费观看视频三区| 中文字幕va一区二区三区| 亚洲精品男男一区二区| 妇女自拍偷自拍亚洲精品| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看| 亚洲人妻精品中文字幕| 久久这里有精品国产电影网| 亚洲精品视频久久偷拍| 日韩国产精品区一区二区| 灭火宝贝高清完整版在线观看| 蜜臀视频一区二区在线播放| 久久夜色撩人精品国产av| 亚洲国产成人久久精品不卡| 她也色tayese在线视频| 日韩亚洲国产激情一区二区|