<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Indian Foreign Minister resigns over Iraq report
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-11-08 09:00

          Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh resigned his post on Monday, becoming the first political casualty of an independent report into irregularities in the United Nations' oil-for-food programme for Iraq.

          Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will take over his duties, a spokesman for the prime minister said. Natwar Singh will remain in the cabinet pending the outcome of inquiries, spokesman Sanjaya Baru said.

          Former U.S. Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker said after a year-long investigation that politicians benefitted from the $64 billion oil-for-food programme for Iraq.

          Both Natwar Singh and the Congress party were named in an annexe to the report detailing beneficiaries of oil allocations made by the government of former president Saddam Hussein.

          While the report did not ascribe any motives for the allocations, witnesses in other similar transactions said politicians had been rewarded for backing the Iraqi government or an end to U.N. sanctions.

          Singh has denied any wrongdoing and any involvement in oil deals with Iraq. A government statement said he asked the prime minister to relieve him of his portfolio.

          Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (R) and Foreign Minister Natwar Singh (L) watch during the ceremonial reception for visiting Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus at the Presidential Palace in New Delhi.
          Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (R) and Foreign Minister Natwar Singh (L) watch during the ceremonial reception for visiting Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus at the Presidential Palace in New Delhi.[AFP]
          Analysts do not see an immediate threat to the coalition government, led by the Congress party.

          "I would think that probably this decision for Natwar Singh to step aside for a while is probably one of the quickest responses for any of the people on the (Volcker) list," Dr. Gareth Price, the head of the Asia Department of the Royal Institute of International Affairs, said in London.

          "He is not going to threaten to bring down the government or anything like this if he is asked to step down briefly."

          Others say the government's image has been marred by Singh staying in the cabinet.

          "This is not at all acceptable. He should quit," political commentator Kuldip Nayar said. "He still remains a member of government and this is a wrong message."

          "The Congress is also in the dock and should face this crisis squarely and with much more transparency," he added.


          Page: 12



          Pakistan, India open checkpoint of Line of Control
          Former Peruvian president pays surprise visit to Chile
          Tornado kills at least 20 in the US
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US, China expected to sign textile deal today

           

             
           

          Beijing closes poultry markets; WHO to help

           

             
           

          Feasibility of cross-Straits tunnel discussed

           

             
           

          China to gradually push forward yuan reform

           

             
           

          42 killed, 21 missing in two mine accidents

           

             
           

          Report: Russia mulls China pipeline branch

           

             
            France to impose curfews to quell rioting
             
            Bush declares: 'We do not torture'
             
            15 terror suspects nabbed in Australia
             
            EU agrees to monitor Gaza-Egypt crossing
             
            US charges five Guantanamo detainees with war crimes
             
            Indian Foreign Minister resigns over Iraq report
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          India to study UN oil-for-food report
             
          Indian FM says ready for Iraqi oil-for-food probe
             
          UN: 2,000 firms gave Iraq illicit funds
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费av毛片免费观看| 激情综合五月丁香亚洲| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 国产卡一卡二卡三免费入口| 在线天堂中文新版www| 最近免费中文字幕mv在线视频3 | 九九热免费精品视频在线| 久久精品日日躁夜夜躁| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 亚洲色一色噜一噜噜噜| 成年午夜精品久久精品| 国产成人亚洲精品成人区| 激情人妻中出中文字幕一区| 国产午夜精品视频免费不卡| 国产成人亚洲欧美二区综合| 国产视频一区二区在线观看| 国产成人女人在线观看| 日本东京热不卡一区二区| 欧美成人看片一区二区| 2020国产成人精品视频| 国产91特黄特色A级毛片| 色猫咪av在线网址| 东方av四虎在线观看| 成在人线AV无码免观看麻豆| 国产偷国产偷亚洲高清人| 成人精品一区日本无码网| 少妇高潮尖叫黑人激情在线| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本| 日韩精品人妻系列无码专区免费| 九九热在线视频只有精品| 人与性动交aaaabbbb视频| 色综合久久一区二区三区| 青青青青国产免费线在线观看| 精品国产911在线观看| 午夜成人无码免费看网站| 国产微拍精品一区二区三区| 丁香五月亚洲综合在线国内自拍 | 亚洲精品无码久久一线| 亚州av综合色区无码一区| 久久亚洲精品天天综合网| 国产一二三区在线|