<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          UN's Annan denounces terror strikes
          (CNN)
          Updated: 2005-11-13 15:23

          United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan -- the latest top diplomat to visit volatile Iraq -- on Saturday denounced the deadly terror strikes coursing through the Middle East and called for Iraqis to reconcile.


          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan and Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari after talks Saturday. [AP]
          "This region, and particularly Iraq, has suffered too much from terrorist attacks," Annan said during his first visit to Iraq since the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion.

          "Even those who are at a distance feel the pain and the misery that is being inflicted on families and innocent citizens," he added.

          Annan told reporters he talked with Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari and other Iraqi politicians during a stop that followed visits earlier this week of U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.

          The officials braved the region's violence to offer solidarity to the transitional government and its efforts to build democracy.

          Annan spoke in the capital as a car bomb reverberated in a market in another part of Baghdad, killing at four women and wounding 40 other people.

          Annan: Reconciliation vital
          He urged Iraqis to embrace a process aiming to reconcile the country's ethnic and religious groups.

          "Reconciliation is absolutely vital in Iraq," Annan said, adding that the U.N. supported all efforts to bring peace to the country.

          On Friday, Annan visited the Grand Hyatt and Radisson hotels in Amman -- two sites struck Wednesday by suicide bombers. A third hotel, a Days Inn, was also targeted. Fifty-seven people were killed in the bombings and more than 90 injured.

          Annan expressed his solidarity with Jordan's King Abdullah II and renewed his call to the U.N.'s member states "to agree on a comprehensive convention against terrorism."

          "It can be done, and it is essential that this convention be adopted by the end of the year," Annan said.

          The diplomatic stops came amid U.S. and Iraqi operations in the fight against insurgents and reports that a top insurgent leader had died.

          Report: Insurgent leader dead
          Government commandos launched major raids in the Baquba area that netted more than 380 arrests and U.S. and Iraqi forces wrapped up Operation Steel Curtain near the Syrian border in western Iraq.

          The U.S. Marines said Saturday that U.S. and Iraqi forces carrying out Operation Steel Curtain "are in the final phases of clearing operations" in Karabila, a border town with an insurgent presence.

          Earlier, Arabic-language news network Al-Arabiya reported that Saddam Hussein's former deputy, Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, has died. The report quoted a Baath Party statement.

          CNN has not been able to confirm the death, and previous reports of Ibrahim's death or capture have proven to be unfounded. Al-Arabiya gave no details on how or where he died. (Watch: Who is Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri? -- 1:30)

          Ibrahim was named the most senior member of the former regime still at large and had been an insurgent leader. He is sixth on the U.S. military's list of the 55 most-wanted Iraqis, with a $10 million reward offered for his capture. (Reward offered)

          Baquba raid
          More than 380 people were detained in the Baquba raid. Among them were: Khalid al-Sanjari, deputy mayor of Baqub; Ayad al-Ajeeli, deputy dean of Diyala University's College of Education and a member of the Islamic Party; and Sheikh Mohammed Kamil, a city council member and a senior member of the Islamic Party, Maj. Gen. Mohammed Hasan of the Interior Ministry and the brigade commander told CNN.

          The Islamic Party issued a statement condemning the raids and detention of Sunnis in Baquba. One of those detained, the party said in the statement, was a party member who holds the position of deputy chairman of Baquba's courthouse.

          The Ministry of Interior's police commandos, Wolf Brigade, began the raid on the Tahreer neighborhood at about 6:30 a.m., Hasan said. The operation on the neighborhood ended about three hours later, he said, and the brigade went on to raid the town of Kan'an in eastern Baquba.

          "We were very well-received by the people of Baquba," Hasan said. "People are fully cooperating, providing us with all the information needed to capture all terrorists. We came upon the request of the residents of the city, and we shall remain here until we clean the city from all the terrorists."

          During the raid, roads in and out of Baquba were blocked, and the streets were almost empty.

          Earlier on Saturday, an insurgent was killed and an insurgent group was captured when they were preparing to launch a strike on a checkpoint near the city, the U.S. military said.

          Insurgents engaged the 3rd Infantry Division's 3rd Brigade with rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire, but were quickly overwhelmed by the patrol.



          Liberia poised to have Africa's first-ever elected female president
          Former Indian president passes away
          Suicide bombers kill 57 at Jordan hotels
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China reports new bird flu outbreak in Hubei

           

             
           

          Beijing unveils mascots for Olympics

           

             
           

          President Hu Jintao kicks off Spain visit

           

             
           

          Remains of Jordan bombing victims back

           

             
           

          China may pass Germany as No.3 auto maker

           

             
           

          Health risks on 2005 APEC forum agenda

           

             
            UN's Annan denounces terror strikes
             
            Gov. Schwarzenegger embarks on China visit
             
            Health risks on 2005 APEC forum agenda
             
            Thousands mourn Rabin, 10 years later
             
            Saddam top deputy Izzat Ibrahim has died: Report
             
            Reports: Top Saddam lieutenant has died
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠色丁香婷婷亚洲综合| 亚洲午夜久久久影院| 福利在线视频一区二区| 国产亚洲第一精品| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| AV极品无码专区亚洲AV| 无码一区二区三区AV免费| 亚洲国产精品久久无人区| 免费特黄夫妻生活片| 亚洲综合一区二区三区| 动漫精品中文字幕无码| 亚洲亚色中文字幕剧情| 国产在线精品一区二区在线看| 猫咪AV成人永久网站在线观看| 国产chinese男男gaygay网站| 人人人澡人人肉久久精品| 成人国产精品一区二区网站| 人妻日韩人妻中文字幕| 久久国产精品亚洲精品99| 一区二区三区四区亚洲自拍| 午夜福利理论片高清在线| 熟女人妻aⅴ一区二区三区电影| 国产69精品久久久久久妇女迅雷| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区| 真实国产老熟女无套中出| 麻豆av字幕无码中文| 亚洲国产成人资源在线| 国产在线精品欧美日韩电影| 亚洲精品熟女一区二区| 色WWW永久免费视频| 开心五月深深爱天天天操| 亚洲av日韩av综合aⅴxxx| 精品熟女少妇免费久久| 97久久精品无码一区二区| 婷婷五月综合丁香在线 | 99在线国内在线视频22| 狠狠色婷婷久久综合频道日韩| 欧美午夜理伦三级在线观看| 国产裸体美女视频全黄| 国产成人高清在线观看视频 | 国产精品免费第一区二区|