<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Chinese city to turn taps back on after toxic spill
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-11-27 15:15

          China's northeastern city of Harbin prepared to turn the taps back on on Sunday after a toxic spill into its river left millions without water for five days and an 80-km (50-mile) slick still flowing beyond.


          Residents queue to receive water in Harbin, the capital of northeastern Heilongjiang province, November 25, 2005. [Reuters]
          Water supplies in Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, were due to come back on around 1500 GMT. The local government, quoting provincial and city environmental protection officials, said on its Web site the water would be "safe for drinking."

          Tests by environmental protection officials at 8 a.m. (0000 GMT) showed the level of nitro-benzene in the water had dropped to 0.0031 milligrams per litre, meeting national standards, the Web site said.

          It was 30 times above official safety limits last Friday morning but water was discharged from nearby reservoirs to dilute the toxic spill and 1,000 soldiers raced to ensure water would be drinkable by installing charcoal filters at water plants.

          An explosion at a chemical plant in nearby Jilin province about two weeks ago poured an estimated 100 tonnes of cancer-causing benzene compounds into the Songhua river from which the city of nine million pumps its water.

          The Harbin crisis has raised wider questions about the costs of China's breakneck economic boom. Around 70 percent of its rivers are contaminated, and the cabinet recently described the country's environmental situation as "grim".

          In Lengshuijiang city in the southern province of Hunan, water supplies were suspended for 12 hours last Friday after fertiliser maker Jinxin Chemical Co. Ltd. accidentally spilled more than 100 cubic metres of ammonia nitrate into the Zijiang river, the Beijing Youth Daily said on Sunday.

          The city, which has a population of 100,000, resumed water supplies after tests showed pollutants in the water did not exceed acceptable levels, the newspaper said, adding that the spill would not have any impact on cities downstream.

          THOUSANDS STILL IN PERIl 

          Environmentalists have complained China is not sharing enough information to protect Russia's rivers and its residents, including 1.5 million in the Siberian city of Khabarovsk, which draws water from the Amur River, fed by the Songhua.

          China's Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing on Saturday expressed regret to Russia's ambassador over the incident and briefed him on the situation.

          The river slick had passed Harbin by early Sunday morning, Lin Qiang, spokesman for the Heilongjiang provincial Environmental Protection Bureau, told the Xinhua news agency.

          But it could still affect hundreds of thousands more people in China alone as it heads downstream.

          The Jilin chemical plant's parent, China National Petroleum Corp., has apologised for the pollution in the Songhua river.

          But one Chinese newspaper accused officials of trying to hush up the disaster, and even Xinhua called on officials to be more frank.

          Premier Wen Jiabao visited Harbin on Saturday, promised aid and pledged openness about the incident.

          He also urged university students to stay calm and stopped at a supermarket to check the prices of bottled water. Store shelves were cleared of water by panicking residents last week but calm has returned to the city.

          After water supplies are resumed, 612,000 tonnes will be provided to residents daily in the first stage, the semi-official China News Service said, adding that the government would drill 65 underground wells to provide an additional 150,000 tonnes daily.

          Hospitals, schools, homes, party and government institutions will be given priority access to water, but bath houses and cars washes will remain closed, state television said.

          Two residents have lodged court claims for damages in Harbin courts, a rare step in China.



          China-Pakistan navy drill
          Water spree in Harbin
          Foggy bottom
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          16 killed in magnitude 5.7 temblor in Jiangxi

           

             
           

          Delegati of Shenzhou-6 visits Hong Kong

           

             
           

          Wen visits Harbin; Russia offered sorry

           

             
           

          Hu underscores innovation of Marxism

           

             
           

          Dam to withstand any attack, designer says

           

             
           

          Malaysia probes abuse of Chinese women

           

             
            Chinese city to turn taps back on after toxic spill
             
            Additional fees on jet fuel extended to next March
             
            Delegati of Shenzhou-6 visits Hong Kong
             
            Hu underscores innovation of Marxism
             
            Malaysia probes abuse of Chinese women
             
            Wen visits Harbin; Russia offered sorry
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Wen visits Harbin; Russia offered sorry
             
          China's premier visits waterless city
             
          Citizen sues China petroleum for polluting river
             
          China evacuates villages near polluted river
             
          Govt work group to probe into river pollution
             
          Commentary: Cover-up can't hide murky water truth
             
          100 tons of chemicals flowed into river
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲an日韩专区在线| 神马影院伦理我不卡| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合潮喷| 蜜桃av无码免费看永久| 18禁视频一区二区三区| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 亚洲伊人五月丁香激情| 亚洲国产精品高清线久久| 国产在线无码视频一区二区三区| 免费a级毛片无码专区| 国产成人亚洲精品狼色在线 | 男人av无码天堂| 日本熟妇浓毛| 久久9精品区-无套内射无码| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 亚洲www啪成人一区二区麻豆| 99久久精品一区二区国产| 秋霞在线观看片无码免费不卡| 国产国拍精品av在线观看 | 久久99国产精品久久99软件| 又黄又爽又猛1000部a片| 久久香蕉国产线看观看怡红院妓院| 国产精品无码av一区二区三区| 男人扒开添女人下部免费视频| 国产a网站| 在线观看国产成人av天堂| 亚洲国产精品久久久久4婷婷| brazzers欧美巨大| 有码中文字幕一区三区| 亚洲av午夜精品无码专区| 亚洲精品宾馆在线精品酒店| 精品伊人久久久大香线蕉欧美| 久久国产精品99久久蜜臀| 国产精品va无码一区二区| aa级毛片毛片免费观看久| 真实国产老熟女无套中出| 亚洲人精品亚洲人成在线| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 亚洲av无码av在线播放| 国产精品九九九一区二区|