<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Former 9/11 commissioners: US still at risk
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-12-05 08:30

          "Obviously, as we've said all along, we are safer, but not yet safe. There is more to do," Hadley said on "Fox News Sunday."

          Ex-commissioners contended the government has been remiss by failing to act more quickly.

          Kean said the Transportation Security Administration was wrong to announce changes last week that will allow airline passengers to carry small scissors and some sharp tools. He also said the agency, by now, should have consolidated databases of passenger information into a single "terror watch list" to aid screening.

          "I don't think we have to go backward here," said Kean, who appeared with Hamilton on NBC's "Meet the Press."

          "They're talking about using more money for random checks. Terrorists coming through the airport may still not be spotted," Kean said.

          Kean and Hamilton urged Congress to pass spending bills that would allow police and fire to communicate across radio spectrums and to reallocate money so that Washington and New York, which have more people and symbolic landmarks, could receive more for terrorism defense.

          Both bills have stalled in Congress, in part over the level of spending and turf fights over which states should get the most dollars.

          "This is a no-brainer," said Hamilton, a former Indiana congressman.

          "From the standpoint of responding to a disaster, the key responders must be able to talk with one another. They could not do it on 9/11, and as a result of that, lives were lost. They could not do it at (Hurricane) Katrina. They still cannot do it."

          As for the dollar dispute, Hamilton said, "We know what terrorists want to do: they want to kill as many Americans as possible. That means you protect the Washington monument and United States Capitol, and not other places."

          Congress established the commission in 2002 to investigate government missteps that led to the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Its 567-page final report, which became a national best seller, does not blame Bush or former President Clinton for missteps contributing to the attacks but did say they failed to make anti-terrorism a higher priority.

          The commission also concluded that the Sept. 11 attack would not be the nation's last, noting that al-Qaida had tried for at least 10 years to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

          Calling the country "less safe than we were 18 months ago," former Democratic commissioner Jamie Gorelick said Sunday the government's failure to move forward on the recommendations makes the U.S. more vulnerable.

          She cited the failure to ensure that foreign nations are upgrading security measures to stop proliferation of nuclear, biological and chemical materials, as well as the FBI's resistance to overhauling its anti-terror programs.

          "You remember the sense of urgency that we all felt in the summer of 2004. The interest has faded," the Washington lawyer said on ABC's "Good Morning America." "You could see that in the aftermath of Katrina. We assumed that our government would be able to do what it needed to do and it didn't do it."


          Page: 12



          Entire Crab Nebula under Hubble
          AIDS awareness campaign
          Saddam trial resumes
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Airbus mulls plane assembly in China

           

             
           

          FM: Summit with Japan, S.Korea postponed

           

             
           

          China's economy to grow by 9.4 pct this year

           

             
           

          DPP under pressure to improve mainland ties

           

             
           

          Former 9/11 commissioners: US still at risk

           

             
           

          Big income rise for farmers unlikely next year

           

             
            Saddam trial to resume with some hidden witnesses
             
            Former 9/11 commissioners: US still at risk
             
            Iraq ex-PM says survives assassination bid
             
            US missile, al-Qaida death bay be linked
             
            Chirac urges doubling of aid for African development
             
            Venezuelans hold congressional elections
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Revised 9/11 panel report released
             
          US "War on Terror" faces gloomy future
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费区欧美一级猛片| 国产乱子伦精品免费视频| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 亚洲人成网站在线观看播放不卡| 欧美激烈精交gif动态图 | 免费三A级毛片视频| 少妇激情av一区二区三区| 国产乱妇乱子视频在播放| 成在人线av无码免费看网站直播| 日本精品中文字幕在线不卡| 精品乱子伦一区二区三区| 亚洲欧美人成网站在线观看看| y1111111少妇无码| 久久人与动人物a级毛片| 国产精品女熟高潮视频| 亚洲男人天堂东京热加勒比| 潘金莲高清dvd碟片| 午夜一区二区三区视频| 97午夜理论电影影院| 久久亚洲中文字幕视频| 好吊妞人成视频在线观看| 久久99国产综合精品女同| 亚洲色一色噜一噜噜噜| 久久无码高潮喷水| 国产gaysexchina男外卖| 国产偷国产偷亚洲清高动态图| 国产高清精品一区二区三区 | 久久99精品九九九久久婷婷| 手机看片日韩国产毛片| 另类 专区 欧美 制服| 欧美videosdesexo肥婆| 免费a级毛片无码av| 久久精品无码专区免费青青| 久久国产精品老人性| 丝袜人妻一区二区三区网站| 中文日产幕无线码一区中文 | 欧美午夜精品久久久久久浪潮| 亚洲人妻中文字幕一区| 最近2018中文字幕免费看2019| 日韩一区二区三区精品区| 亚洲国产av无码精品无广告|