<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pakistanis protest deadly CIA missile attack
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-01-15 22:15

          Chanting "Death to America," Islamic groups held nationwide protests Sunday as anger mounted over a purported CIA airstrike that Pakistan says killed innocent civilians instead of the apparent target — al-Qaida's No. 2 leader.

          Meanwhile, a newspaper reported that the mission was launched on intelligence that Ayman al-Zawahri had been invited to dinner that night in one of three houses leveled by the attack on Damadola, a village near the Afghan border.


          Angry protesters chant anti-U.S. slogans during a protest in Islamabad, Pakistan on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006. [AP]

          Islamabad — which insists it does not allow the 20,000 U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan to cross the border in the hunt for Taliban or al-Qaida fighters — has condemned the strike. The Pakistanis have shown increasing frustration over a recent series of suspected U.S. attacks along the frontier aimed at Islamic militants.

          Pakistani officials say innocent people were among the 17 men, women and children killed in Friday's attack and al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, was not even there.

          Survivors in Damadola, an ethnic Pashtun hamlet about four miles from the border with Afghanistan, also denied militants were there, but some news reports quoted unidentified Pakistani officials as saying up to 11 extremists were believed among the dead.

          A senior intelligence official said Sunday that 12 bodies had been taken away, including seven foreigners.

          He said the bodies were reclaimed by other militants, but another Pakistani official told The Associated Press on Saturday that some were taken away for DNA tests. A law enforcement official in Washington said the FBI expected to conduct the tests to determine victims' identities, although Pakistan had not yet formally requested them.

          The claims by the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, could not be independently verified.

          Counterterrorism officials in Washington declined to comment on U.S. media reports that a CIA-operated drone aircraft fired missiles Friday at a residential compound in Damadola trying to hit al-Zawahri, whose videos have made him the face and voice of al-Qaida.

          A large number of al-Qaida and Taliban combatants, including al-Zawahri and bin Laden, are believed to have sought refuge along the rugged, porous and ill-defined border.

          Some 10,000 people rallied in Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, chanting "Death to America" and "Stop bombing against innocent people." Hundreds of police carrying batons and shields were deployed, but the rally ended after an hour with no violence reported.

          Hundreds more rallied in the capital, Islamabad, and in Lahore, Multan, Peshawar and elsewhere, burning American flags and demanding the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan.

          In Pakistan's strongest reaction, Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on Saturday called the attack "highly condemnable" and said the government wanted "to assure the people we will not allow such incidents to reoccur."

          The Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying it protested to U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker over the "loss of innocent civilian lives."

          Neither addressed the target of the airstrike. But two senior Pakistani security officials confirmed to AP that al-Zawahri was the intended victim and said Pakistan's assessment was that the CIA acted on incorrect information.
          Page: 12



          Japan issues avalanche warnings after heavy snowfall
          345 killed in Hajj stampede
          Tokyo Auto Salon 2006 in Chiba
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu calls for three direct cross-Straits links

           

             
           

          China's forex reserves top US$800 billion

           

             
           

          2 billion trips expected during holiday

           

             
           

          Saddam judge offers resignation - official

           

             
           

          US teen shot by police brain dead - lawyer

           

             
           

          Chen Suhou - from dignitary to farmer

           

             
            Saddam judge offers resignation - official
             
            Pakistanis condemn purported CIA attack
             
            Hajj stampede victims mourned as blame traded
             
            Test shows activity in Sharon's brain
             
            Iran's president shrugs off sanctions
             
            Snow-hit Japan warns of avalanches, landslides
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品毛片av999999| 国产精品亲子乱子伦XXXX裸| 中文字幕成熟丰满人妻| 国产精品一区二区国产主播| 国产福利在线观看一区二区| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 日韩精品一区二区大桥未久| 日韩精品久久不卡中文字幕| 国产成人8X人网站视频| 精品人妻一区二区三区蜜臀| 亚洲禁精品一区二区三区| 日本3d黄动漫的在线观看| 国产精品伦理一区二区三| 国产成人av电影在线观看第一页| 国产午夜亚洲精品久久| 欧美日本激情| 女人喷液抽搐高潮视频 | 亚洲精品久久无码av片软件| 50路熟女| 老司机性色福利精品视频| 99精品久久精品| a网站在线观看| 中文字幕无码久久精品| 欧美福利电影A在线播放| 国产精品多p对白交换绿帽| 老妇free性videosxx| 国产综合视频一区二区三区| 欧美亚洲另类自拍偷在线拍| 日韩午夜午码高清福利片| 五月婷婷中文字幕| 国产亚洲精品97在线视频一| 亚洲69视频| 免费人妻无码不卡中文18禁| 污污污污污污WWW网站免费| 天天看片视频免费观看| 白嫩少妇激情无码| 国产综合色产在线视频欧美| 亚洲成AV人片在线观高清| 无码国产精品一区二区免费网曝| 亚洲AV国产福利精品在现观看| 国产肉体ⅹxxx137大胆|