<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Nine killed, engineer seized in Baghdad ambush
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-01-18 22:03

          Gunmen killed at least nine Iraqis and kidnapped a Malawian engineer on Wednesday in an elaborate ambush on a private security convoy in a busy Baghdad street, officials and witnesses said.


          A Feburary 6, 2005 file photo of an Iraqi woman walks past the headquarters of the Egyptian based mobile phone company Iraqna in central Baghdad. Gunmen ambushed a private security team in Baghdad on Wednesday, killing 10 Iraqi guards and kidnapping a Malawian engineer working for the Iraqna mobile telephone operator, an Interior Ministry official said. [Reuters]

          It was the second major insurgent attack in the capital in two days. Late on Tuesday, gunmen killed seven Iraqis involved in supplying food to the Iraqi army.

          The Malawian engineer and a Madagascan colleague, both employees of the mobile telephone operator Iraqna, were traveling from home to their office early on Wednesday when the attackers struck, an Iraqna spokesman told Reuters.

          The fate of the Madagascan was not immediately clear.

          As their convoy of three or four vehicles drove along the main street in the Nafaq al-Shurta area, "a large number" of gunmen hiding in buildings opened fire as other attackers drove out of side streets, an Interior Ministry official said.

          Residents earlier reported that fighters were in Nafaq al-Shurta -- which literally translates as "Police Tunnel."

          Uday Farouq, a passer-by wounded in the leg, told Reuters from his hospital bed: "I was on my way to work when there was a lot of shooting. I was shot before I even could run. My uncle was also wounded. I didn't know what had happened."

          A Reuters cameraman counted nine bodies in the hospital morgue.

          The Interior Ministry official said 10 security guards had been killed in the ambush and up to three people kidnapped.

          TWO ENGINEERS MISSING

          Iraqna, part of the Egyptian-owned Orascom Telecom group, said two of its engineers were missing.

          "We have two engineers who are missing -- one from Malawi and one from Madagascar," Iraqna spokesman Shamil Hanafi told Reuters. "We still do not know what has happened to them," he said.

          There have been a series of attacks on Iraqna employees in the past. Hanafi said eight had been kidnapped previously -- six Iraqis and two Egyptian engineers.

          Mobile phones are vital in Iraq because the landline telephone network is barely operational after years of neglect, sanctions and the U.S-led war in March 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein.

          U.S officials said earlier this week that 7 million Iraqis now had mobile phones, which were banned under Saddam.

          Insurgents have sabotaged efforts to repair Iraq's dilapidated infrastructure, blowing up power lines and killing or kidnapping engineers as part of a campaign against the Shi'ite- and Kurdish-led government.

          U.S. military officials have said they expect a surge in violence around the release of the final results of the December 15 parliamentary election, expected to be published on Friday.

          Immediately after Wednesday's attack U.S. and Iraqi forces sealed off the area. A Reuters cameraman at the scene said that as the troops began withdrawing he saw an explosion close to several U.S. Humvee armored vehicles.

          There were no immediate reports of injuries in what appeared to have been the detonation of an improvised explosive device.



          New Horizons spacecraft to explore Pluto
          Earthquake disaster drill in Tokyo
          Oil tanker explodes in New York
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Top leaders of China, DPRK hold talks in Beijing

           

             
           

          China announces new human case of bird flu

           

             
           

          Japan LDP calls for continued Shrine visits

           

             
           

          $10m earmarked to fight against bird flu

           

             
           

          Red-hot China set to cool a touch in 2006

           

             
           

          Beijing urges talks on Iran nuclear issue

           

             
            Nine killed, engineer seized in Baghdad ambush
             
            France rejects Iranian request for talks
             
            Japan LDP calls for continued Shrine visits
             
            Airbus jet orders for 2005 hit record
             
            Iraqi captors threaten death of hostage
             
            Capsule carrying comet particles arrives in Houston
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产三级黄色片在线观看| 国产欧美日韩高清在线不卡| 人妻在厨房被色诱中文字幕| 国产精品无遮挡又爽又黄| 久久婷婷五月综合色国产免费观看| 日本激情久久精品人妻热| 超碰伊人久久大香线蕉综合| caoporn成人免费公开| 精品91在线| 青草99在线免费观看| 国产精品欧美福利久久| 人妻丰满熟妇ⅴ无码区a片| 伊人色综合一区二区三区| 亚洲 自拍 另类 欧美 综合| 亚洲欧美丝袜精品久久| 亚洲国产综合性亚洲综合性| 伊人久久精品无码麻豆一区 | 国产精品久久久久久久久久久久人四虎 | 综合区一区二区三区狠狠| 國產尤物AV尤物在線觀看| 部精品久久久久久久久| 公天天吃我奶躁我的在| 国产成人精品自在钱拍| 久久99精品久久久久久9| 国产三级+在线播放| 毛片内射久久久一区| 国产精品中文字幕综合| 极品少妇的粉嫩小泬视频| 久久精品波多野结衣| 国产成人精选视频在线观看不卡| 67194熟妇在线观看线路| 99视频在线精品国自产拍| 亚洲午夜成人精品电影在线观看| 在线观看国产小视频| 超碰成人精品一区二区三| 狠狠躁夜夜躁无码中文字幕 | 偷拍一区二区三区在线视频| 日韩放荡少妇无码视频| 在线观看日本亚洲一区| 亚洲人午夜精品射精日韩| 亚洲欧美一区二区成人片|