<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Australian inquiry into oil-for-food scandal stretches to Pakistan
          (AFP)
          Updated: 2006-01-20 14:16

          The Australian wheat exporter caught up in the Iraq oil-for-food scandal could potentially also have made illegal payments to agents in Pakistan to ensure contracts, an inquiry heard.

          The commission of inquiry into the AWB (Australian Wheat Board) heard that the company granted legal indemnity to two employees because they were worried that payments made to two agents in Islamabad and Karachi could amount to bribing foreign officials.

          The company's internal documents reveal that the Pakistani agents received unusually high payments -- with one apparently paid four million US dollars after extracting 4.00 US dollars per tonne for a one million tonne shipment of wheat.

          An internal audit report noted that the major risk with such large transactions was they could enable the agents to make payments to Pakistani officials.

          An Iraqi worker carries bags of government wheat rations in the Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City.
          An Iraqi worker carries bags of government wheat rations in the Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City.[AFP/file]
          The report also revealed that one Pakistani agent told AWB officials that "payments of outstanding receivables" from the Pakistan government would not proceed if AWB's deal with him was terminated.

          The two former AWB employees, who cannot be named, insisted on legal indemnity when they left the company.

          The audit report noted that one of the employees "stated that if he did not obtain an indemnity he would go to lawyers" in relation to the Pakistan payments.

          The release documents for the two employees were signed by AWB chief executive officer Andrew Lindberg.

          They contain the clause: "AWB acknowledges that it (by its board and chief executive officer) authorised agency payments during the period 15 December 1999 to 28 June 2000 to overseas agents for sales."

          Asked about the Pakistan payments during Friday's hearing, Lindberg said he did not recall whether he had been advised that the payments were illegal.

          "I was advised that agency payments had been made; I acted on the advice I received," he said.

          "I believe that advice was that this release ... didn't protect them to the extent that they did things that weren't within the approved policies or were unlawful," he told the inquiry.

          Australian Prime Minister John Howard called for an inquiry into AWB last year after it was named as one of scores of companies involved in paying kickbacks to the former Iraqi government under the UN oil-for-food programme.

          The 1996-2003 UN programme was designed to allow Iraq to export a limited amount of oil, with the proceeds being used to purchase food and medicine to lessen the impact of sanctions on civilians.

          But a UN report into corruption of the system named AWB as paying the biggest kickbacks to the Iraqi government, with some 220 million dollars funnelled through a Jordanian front company.



          Canadian to vote next week
          New Horizons spacecraft to explore Pluto
          Earthquake disaster drill in Tokyo
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Bin Laden threatens attacks, offers truce

           

             
           

          Wen: Rural area development key for stability

           

             
           

          Nationwide crime rate shows drop

           

             
           

          China, US to discuss nuke issues

           

             
           

          Taiwan appoints 5th 'premier' since 2000

           

             
           

          Unmanned spacecraft hurtles toward Pluto

           

             
            Slovak military plane crash kills 42
             
            Bin Laden threatens attacks, offers truce
             
            US, South Korea prod North to return to nuclear talks
             
            Unmanned spacecraft hurtles toward Pluto
             
            Chirac threatens nuke attacks on 'terrorist' states
             
            Tel Aviv bombing comes a week before vote
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          South Korean businessman denied bail in UN-Iraq case
             
          South Korean arrested in Iraq oil-for-food scandal
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品国产三级国产专| 精品中文人妻在线不卡| 熟妇人妻久久精品一区二区| 最近中文字幕完整版hd| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 无码三级中文字幕在线观看| 国产亚洲精品一区二区不卡| 亚洲国产精品成人av网| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天5| 久热这里只有精品6| 亚洲亚洲网站三级片在线| 激情内射亚洲一区二区三区| 亚洲精品国产美女久久久| 国产精品国产精品无卡区| 中文无码高潮到痉挛在线视频| 中国亚州女人69内射少妇| 亚洲毛片不卡AV在线播放一区| 亚洲av影片在线观看| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 久久精品无码一区二区无码| 国产91精品一区二区蜜臀| 久久国产精品老人性| 久久热这里这里只有精品| 亚洲精品日本久久久中文字幕 | 亚洲日韩性欧美中文字幕| 医院人妻闷声隔着帘子被中出| 99精品国产一区二区三| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 国产精品一区二区国产主播| 69精品在线观看| 久久热这里只有精品99| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 久热这里有精品视频在线| 久久精品手机观看| 国产亚洲美女精品久久久| 亚洲成av人片无码天堂下载 | 又粗又爽高潮午夜免费视频| 一本一本久久A久久精品综合不卡| 色婷婷一区二区三区四区|