<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US rejects any 'truce' with Bin Laden
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-01-20 21:11

          Rejecting a suggestion by Osama bin Laden of a negotiated truce in the war on terror, Vice President Dick Cheney said there was only one way to deal with terrorists. "I think you have to destroy them," Cheney said.


          Exiled Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden is seen in this April 1998 file photo in Afghanistan. Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. [AP]

          The vague offer of a truce — coupled with a threat of another attack on the U.S. — was made in an audiotape released by the Arab television network Al-Jazeera. It brought new attention to the al-Qaida leader after a yearlong lull in his public statements.

          U.S. security officials said Thursday there were currently no plans to raise the nation's security threat level because of the new tape.

          Counterterror officials said they have seen no specific or credible intelligence to indicate an upcoming al-Qaida attack. Nor have they noticed an uptick in terrorist communications "chatter" — although that can dramatically increase or decrease immediately before an attack.

          On the tape, bin Laden warned that his fighters are preparing new attacks in the United States but offered the American people a "long-term truce" without specifying the conditions.

          But Cheney, in a television interview, rejected that suggestion, saying "We don't negotiate with terrorists."

          "I think you have to destroy them," he told Fox News Channel. "It's the only way to deal with them."

          The tape prompted increased security at Los Angeles International Airport and other precautions at the city's port and water and power facilities.

          The FBI has asked the 103 joint terrorism task forces and intelligence units at its 56 field offices to re-examine its cases and investigative leads in light of the bin Laden tape. "Do you see something in your area of operation that might be assessed as more significant than it was the day before?" said an FBI official on condition of anonymity because he was discussing an internal FBI communication.

          The national terror threat level currently stands at yellow, the middle of five grades, signifying an elevated risk of attack. The government has raised the alert level to orange, signaling a high threat risk, seven times since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

          "At this time, we lack corroborating information suggesting that al-Qaida is prepared to attack the United States in the near term," said Homeland Security spokeswoman Michelle Petrovich. "But we recognize that al-Qaida remains committed to striking the homeland."

          The tape, which Al-Jazeera said was recorded this month, represents bin Laden's first public communication since December 2004. Since then, al-Qaida's No. 2 leader, Ayman al-Zawahri, has served as the terror network's public face.

          The recording was released only days after U.S. missile attacks in Pakistan that Pakistani officials said killed four senior al-Qaida operatives.

          CIA analysts verified the recording as bin Laden's voice. They offered no details about how they reached that conclusion, but in the past the agency has verified authenticity in part by comparing new recordings to earlier messages.
          Page: 12



          Greenpeace: Help end whaling
          Canadian to vote next week
          New Horizons spacecraft to explore Pluto
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US rejects any 'truce' with Bin Laden

           

             
           

          Non-stop cross-Straits flight touches down

           

             
           

          Wen: Rural area development key for stability

           

             
           

          China's yuan closes at new high vs dollar

           

             
           

          Nationwide crime rate shows drop

           

             
           

          China, US to discuss nuke issues

           

             
            Slovak military plane crash kills 42
             
            Bin Laden threatens attacks, offers truce
             
            US, South Korea prod North to return to nuclear talks
             
            Unmanned spacecraft hurtles toward Pluto
             
            Chirac threatens nuke attacks on 'terrorist' states
             
            Japan may allow women to ascend throne
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品夜夜春夜夜爽久久小说 | 亚洲色成人一区二区三区人人澡人人妻人人爽人人蜜桃麻豆 | 精品国产aⅴ一区二区三区| 在线 欧美 中文 亚洲 精品| 医院人妻闷声隔着帘子被中出| 国产乱老熟女乱老熟女视频| 伊人精品成人久久综合97| 2018年亚洲欧美在线v| 亚洲成AV人片在线观高清| 国产免费AV片在线看| 久久综合九色综合97婷婷| 午夜性又黄又爽免费看尤物| 99中文字幕精品国产| 日韩精品国产二区三区| 日韩国产精品区一区二区| 99精品国产综合久久久久五月天| 亚洲av色香蕉一区二区三| 国产精品综合av一区二区国产馆| 人妻体内射精一区二区三区| 一区二区三区四区在线不卡高清| 亚洲国产美女精品久久久| 欧美亚洲国产日韩电影在线| 男女做aj视频免费的网站| 亚洲高清国产拍精品5G| 国产成人啪精品视频免费APP| 强奷漂亮人妻系列老师 | 久久国产自偷自偷免费一区| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线看| 18禁免费无码无遮挡网站| 性色欲情网站iwww| 久久人人妻人人爽人人爽| 色综合色国产热无码一| 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 九九久久精品国产免费看小说| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 老司机精品成人无码AV| 一色桃子中出欲求不满人妻| 国产AV福利第一精品| 日韩精品卡1卡2日韩在线| 精品乱码一区二区三四五区| 精品国产AV色欲果冻传媒|