<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Most of 1,400 on Egypt ferry feared lost
          (AP/Reuters)
          Updated: 2006-02-04 08:26

          Four Egyptian rescue ships reached the scene Friday afternoon, about 10 hours after the 35-year-old ferry likely went down some 57 miles off the Egyptian port of Hurghada.

          Saudi ships were patrolling waters off their shore to hunt for survivors, but found none, a senior Saudi security official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

          Any survivors still in the Red Sea could go into shock as temperatures fell in the already cold waters, which average in the upper 60s in February. The waters in the area are up to 3,000 feet deep.

          Mubarak's spokesman said an investigation was under way.

          "The swift sinking of the ferry and the lack of sufficient lifeboats suggests there was some violation, but we cannot say until the investigation is complete," said presidential spokesman Suleiman Awad, quoted by the semiofficial news agency MENA.

          Egyptian regulations require life jackets on the boat, but implementation of safety procedures is often lax. It was not known if the ship had enough life jackets and whether the passengers put them on when the ship sank.

          The ship, "Al-Salaam Boccaccio 98," left Thursday at 7:30 p.m. from the Saudi port of Dubah on a 120-mile trip to Safaga, south of Hurghada. It had been scheduled to arrive at 3 a.m.

          The vessel went down between midnight and 2 a.m., when authorities lost contact with it. No distress signal was received.

          The ferry was carrying 1,200 Egyptian and 112 other passengers as well as 96 crew members, the head of Al-Salaam Maritime Transport Company Mamdouh Ismail told the AP. The passengers included 99 Saudis, three Syrians, two Sudanese, and a Canadian, officials said. It was not clear where the other passengers were from.

          Tens of thousands of Egyptians work in Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf countries — many of them from impoverished families in southern Egypt who spend years abroad to earn money. They often travel by ship to and from Saudi Arabia across the Red Sea, a cheaper option than flying. The Saudi port of Dubah is a major transit point for them.

          But some on board the ferry were believed to be Muslim pilgrims who had overstayed their visas after last month's hajj pilgrimage to work in the kingdom.

          US President Bush offered his condolences.

          "Our thoughts and prayers are with all Egyptians and citizens of other nations who suffered losses in this terrible accident," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said in Texas.

          The agent for the ship in Saudi Arabia, Farid al-Douadi, said the vessel had the capacity for 2,500 passengers. But the owner's Web site said 387-foot-long boat had a capacity for 1,487 passengers and crew.

          The Genoa-based Italian Naval Registry, which has certified the ferry for safety since its construction in 1970, said the vessel never had any problems and passed its last structural inspection in June 2005.

          In 1991, the registry oversaw the construction of two additional decks on the ferry to add passenger space for its then-owner, the Italian ferry company Tirrenia di Navigazione SpA. In doing so, the boat grew in height, and to compensate engineers also enlarged the base, said the registry's spokesman, Mario Dogliana.

          First confirmation of the sinking came when another ship owned by the same company, the Saint Catherine, received a distress call from one of the lifeboats just as it arrived in Dubah from Safaga, Ismail said. The Saint Catherine notified the company headquarters, which told the Egyptian authorities.

          A ship owned by the same company, also carrying pilgrims, collided with a cargo ship at the southern entrance to the Suez Canal in October, causing a stampede among passengers trying to escape the sinking ship. Two people were killed and 40 injured.


          Page: 123



          Ben Bernanke sworn in as 14th Fed chairman
          Saddam stands for trial
          US, Mexican police find largest ever border drug tunnel
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Most of 1,400 on Egypt ferry feared lost

           

             
           

          Outbound travelling jumps 50-fold in 20 years

           

             
           

          US says risk of war with China diminishing

           

             
           

          FM maps out blueprint for EU-China ties

           

             
           

          Survey: Education key to reducing crime

           

             
           

          Anger over images of Mohammad spreads

           

             
            Iran threatens full-scale enrichment work
             
            Australian PM seeks apology from US senator on corruption claims
             
            Negroponte: Al-Qaida biggest terror threat
             
            Muslim anger unabated over prophet cartoons
             
            Atom agency seen reporting Iran to Security Council
             
            US lawmakers push bill to cut aid to Palestinians
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Egypt ship with 1,400 aboard sinks, many feared dead
             
          At least 30 wounded in bomb attack on ferry in southern Philippines
             
          Egyptian ferry carrying 1,300 sinks in Red Sea
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久无码字幕中文久久无码| 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久小说 | 久久精品免视看国产成人| 这里只有精品免费视频| 亚洲国产精品嫩草影院久久| 国产一级无码不卡视频| 少妇人妻偷人偷人精品| 亚洲国产日韩在线精品频道| 婷婷五月综合丁香在线| 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区| 我要看亚洲黄色太黄一级黄| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 麻豆久久久9性大片| 国产精品成人综合色在线| 日日噜噜夜夜狠狠视频| 西欧free性满足hd| 久久亚洲精品11p| 色婷婷综合视频在线观看视频一区| 日韩国产中文字幕精品| 国产精品一区二区久久| 亚洲国产综合性亚洲综合性| 韩国午夜福利片在线观看| 妺妺窝人体色www聚色窝仙踪| 综合偷自拍亚洲乱中文字幕| 日本精品极品视频在线| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2020| 永久黄网站色视频免费直播| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久久| 欧美性猛少妇xxxxx免费| 成人国产精品一区二区网站公司| 狠狠久久五月综合色和啪| 国产专区精品三级免费看| 日本一区二区三本视频在线观看| 国产精品一起草在线观看| 在线观看视频一区二区三区| 内射老阿姨1区2区3区4区| 精品亚洲无人区一区二区| 久久人妻无码一区二区三区av | 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本| 天堂网在线观看|