<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Philippines rescuers hear 'signs of life'
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-02-21 08:36

          Rescue workers refused to give up hope of finding survivors in an elementary school buried by up to 100 feet of mud, digging into the night Monday after detecting what the provincial governor called "signs of life."

          Sounds of scratching and a rhythmic tapping were picked up by seismic sensors and sound-detection gear brought in by US and Malaysian forces.


          A US Marines from the 3rd Marines Expeditionary Unit throws a big rock as they join members of the Taiwanese and Filipino rescue group during the search and recovery operation for landslide victims Monday, Feb. 20, 2006 in Guinsaugon village, in the island province of Leyte central Philippines. The US Marines who were diverted from their joint military exercise in Jolo were joined by rescuers from Taiwan and Malaysia. A total 74 bodies were recovered so far but officials estimating those who perished in the landslide to be 1,500 including about 200 school children.(AP Photo/Pat Roque)
          "To me, that's more than enough reason to smile and be happy," South Leyte Gov. Rosette Lerias said. "The adrenaline is high ... now that we have seen increasing signs of life."

          Still, it was hard to imagine survivors under the wet muck nearly four days after a mountainside collapsed and covered the farming village of Guinsaugon, killing up to 1,000 people. No one has been pulled out alive since just a few hours after the disaster Friday morning.

          The search has focused on the school because of unconfirmed reports that some of the 250-300 children and teachers may have sent cell phone text messages to relatives soon after the disaster Friday.

          Under the glare of generator-powered lights, a multinational group of troops and technicians used high-tech gear like seismic sensors and sound- and heat-detection equipment alongside shovels and rescue dogs. They finally halted about 3 a.m. Tuesday until daybreak.

          A US military spokesman said late Monday that US Marines digging at the site had found bodies, but no survivors.

          "I asked had they received or found any type of survivors, and the answer was no," US Marine Capt. Burrell Parmer said after speaking to the commander of U.S. forces at the disaster site.

          The statement discounted an earlier report by Philippine Interior Undersecretary Marius Corpus that US Marines had found 50 survivors. There was no immediate explanation for how the false report had spread.

          "There is a lot of rubble, a lot of large boulders," Parmer said. "On some sides near the river, it's very moist, very soft soil, and you can get stuck up to ... your waistline if you're not careful."

          Still, the Marines were eager to discover the origin of sounds detected by seismic sensors.

          "The farther down we went, the signals grew stronger," US Marine Lt. Richard Neikirk said as he pointed to a spot under a big boulder.

          A Malaysian team using sound-detection gear picked up noises, too.

          "We have a sound," said Sahar Yunos of the Malaysia Disaster and Rescue Team. "Knocking, something like that."

          A rescue dog also stopped three times at one spot away from where rescue workers were digging.


          Page: 12



          Hundreds feared dead in massive Filipino mudslide
          New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface
          10 dead in Libya clash over Mohamad cartoon protest
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Musharraf: We'll bring killers of three Chinese to justice

           

             
           

          Bush: US on verge of energy breakthrough

           

             
           

          Nations 'benefit from China's growth'

           

             
           

          EU to impose 20% duties on shoes from China

           

             
           

          Premier guarantees change in rural areas

           

             
           

          China bans bird imports from flu-hit countries

           

             
            Russia cautious as Iran talks get underway
             
            Iranian officials due in Moscow for nuclear talks
             
            Hamas leader to form new Palestinian government
             
            Philippine presidential palace says blast not bomb
             
            Two Palestinian teens shot dead in Nablus camp raid
             
            Bin Laden vows never to be captured alive
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人午夜精品无码一区二区三区 | 伊人av超碰伊人久久久| 亚洲日韩国产精品第一页一区| 国产精品永久免费视频| 国产高清乱码又大又圆| 日本精品网| 日本三级香港三级三级人妇久| 亚洲最大日韩精品一区| 亚洲av无码成人网站www| 夜夜偷天天爽夜夜爱| 无码丰满熟妇| 国内自拍偷拍一区二区三区| 国产片一区二区三区视频| 久久精品亚洲成在人线av麻豆 | av无码小缝喷白浆在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩人成在线播放| 丝袜a∨在线一区二区三区不卡| 成人av午夜在线观看| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠85| 亚洲无av码一区二区三区| 亚洲精品动漫免费二区| y1111111少妇无码| 国产黑色丝袜在线播放| 国产成人精品一区二区视频| 亚洲一区二区三区自拍麻豆| 亚洲中文字幕一区二区| 国产成人精品无人区一区| 久久综合国产色美利坚| 久久精品国产亚洲av品| 边添小泬边狠狠躁视频| 一日本道伊人久久综合影| 撕开奶罩揉吮奶头高潮AV| www亚洲精品| 亚洲人成网线在线播放VA| 鲁丝片一区二区三区免费| 精品麻豆国产色欲色欲色欲WWW| 337P日本欧洲亚洲大胆精品555588 | 免费人成在线观看网站| 国产中文99视频在线观看| 午夜无码国产18禁| 精品熟女少妇免费久久|