<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          No survivors found in Philippine village
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-02-24 15:07

          A top UN disaster official Friday urged rescuers to focus on caring for people made homeless by a landslide that buried a Philippines farming village as US Marines launched a major effort to find victims.


          An aerial view Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006, of an evacuated mountain village on the central island of Leyte in the Philippines near the entombed village of Guinsaugon. Rescue efforts were suspended Thursday due to heavy rain and unsafe conditions after a group of seven Taiwanese disaster experts were rescued by U.S. Marines. Most of the population of Guinsaugon was feared buried alive when a rain-soaked mountain collapsed Friday. Surrounding villages remain evacuated for an undermined amount of time. [AP]

          No survivors have been found in the farming village of Guinsaugon in the southeastern Philippines since hours after it was buried Feb. 17 in mud up to 100 feet deep. The official death toll stood at 129 with another 938 missing.

          "This kind of disaster leaves a very small chance of survival, that's a reality. If there is one or two, it would be a miracle," said Puji Pujiono, leader of the United Nations disaster assessment and coordination team at the site.

          "Taking care of those still alive is equally or more important than prolonging the (search) operation," he said.

          Pujiono urged the Philippine government to make a list of needs for the hundreds of evacuees so other countries could coordinate donations, and warned of the threat of disease and overcrowding for those who lost their homes. Many are staying in schools in the nearby town of St. Bernard.

          Still, rescue workers took advantage of clearing skies, launching their biggest operation so far at the site of a village that was buried by a landslide a week ago, the U.S. military said. A brief downpour temporarily slowed their work.

          Hundreds of U.S. Marines and other rescue workers dug with picks and shovels in the mud covering the farming village of Guinsaugon. Most rescuers focused on a cluster of crumpled tin roofs and part of a big house in the mud, removing rocks by hand. At least one body was removed.

          "Today's operation is the biggest so far," said U.S. Navy Cmdr. Manuel Biadog, a Filipino-American chaplain assigned to Marines based in Okinawa, Japan. "Right now, it's old-fashioned digging because the ground is so soft."

          He said better weather after days of heavy rain had allowed workers to step up their efforts, but said they were not using a earthmover and other heavy equipment because the ground was too unstable and more landslides were feared.

          "We are concerned that an area at the top of the mountain is receding," Biadog said. Helicopters were on standby to pull out any endangered diggers. Philippine Lt. Col. Raul Farnacio said 400 to 500 diggers were at the site.

          "We all don't have much hope, but we are not giving up yet," said Benjamin Hong, head of a Taiwanese group of rescue workers.

          The teams planned to check what is believed to be the roof of an elementary school that has been the focus of search efforts. It was spotted in aerial photographs far from what was believed to have been its original site.

          Officials have speculated that the wall of mud, boulders and trees from the collapse of a nearby mountainside had swept the school away. More than 240 students and teachers were inside.

          Much of the mud throughout the 100-acre landslide zone remains unsettled, especially after the continued rains. The dangers were underscored Thursday when a group of rescue workers had to be rescued after getting stuck while trying to extricate a body.



          Iraqi soldiers on guard as sectarian violence broke out
          Anti-Japanese rally in South Korea
          German army battle to halt bird flu spread
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Housing, education and jobs top urbanites' worries

           

             
           

          US plans more WTO cases against China

           

             
           

          China joins Russia in Iran diplomacy

           

             
           

          Roof collapse in Moscow kills at least 56

           

             
           

          Grain consumption to outpace output

           

             
           

          China approves second maglev line - report

           

             
            Murder of Jew in Paris rekindles concerns
             
            At least 51 dead in Bangladesh factory fire
             
            Lebanese Shiites mourn Iraq Shrine attack
             
            Philippine army working to stop coup plot
             
            FBI to Gitmo: Hostile interrogations risky
             
            Secret information of Japan's MSDF leaked
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产国亚洲洲人成人人专区| 国产91午夜福利精品| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕| 久久这里都是精品一区| 久久久这里只有精品10| 老熟女熟妇一区二区三区| 九色国产精品一区二区久久| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| av在线手机播放| 国产精品乱码一区二区三| 人妻系列中文字幕精品| 成人免费视频一区二区| 九九热在线精品视频九九| 亚洲国产成人久久77| 亚洲精品国产成人无码区a片| 四虎成人精品永久网站| 亚洲欧洲色图片网站| 亚洲精品日本久久久中文字幕| 亚洲va久久久噜噜噜久久狠狠| 2020国产欧洲精品网站| 精品午夜福利在线视在亚洲| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮虎虎视频 | 日韩精品一区二区都可以| 中文字幕久久精品波多野结| 欧美日韩中文亚洲另类春色| 成人无码视频在线观看免费播放| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 另类专区一区二区三区| 色猫咪av在线观看| 国产乱码精品一区二区三| 精品熟女少妇免费久久| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合尤物| 日韩国产精品中文字幕| 国产成人福利在线视频播放下载| 熟女熟妇乱女乱妇综合网| 国产a级三级三级三级| 国产大片黄在线观看| 国产特色一区二区三区视频| 中文无码高潮到痉挛在线视频| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 亚洲色成人一区二区三区人人澡人人妻人人爽人人蜜桃麻豆 |