<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区 Mobile
          Tension remains in Urumqi after riots killed 156
          2009-Jul-9 07:23:59

          URUMQI: There was tension in the air despite the calm on the streets Wednesday as President Hu Jintao cut short a G8 summit trip to rush home in the wake of the bloody riots.

          Hu arrived home Wednesday from Italy "due to the situation" in Xinjiang, where the deadliest riots in the autonomous region in decades left 156 people dead and more than 1,000 injured on Sunday.

          Tension remains in Urumqi after riots killed 156

          Helicopters dropped leaflets appealing for calm among Urumqi's 2.3 million residents as banks of helmeted paramilitary troops in riot gear saturated the city to establish order.

          The heavy security presence brought calm to central parts of the city, with armed personnel carriers standing by as helicopters hovered overhead.

          But sporadic standoffs and minor clashes were still reported, according to Xinhua News Agency, which did not give any details.

          Urumqi, capital of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region in northwest China, imposed an overnight traffic curfew on Tuesday after thousands of Han people, armed with sticks, knives and metal bars, stormed the streets, demanding redress for Sunday's violence.

          Special police officers from across the country were sent to Urumqi to assist local police forces in maintaining public security, Meng Jianzhu, state councilor and public security minister, said, while visiting residents injured in the riots and family members of the victims.

          The officers arrived in Urumqi at about 5 am Wednesday, Meng said.

          He did not mention the number of personnel involved and the locations they were sent from.

          Streets back to normal

          Those who led the riots should be punished with the utmost severity and those who took part in the riots, who were provoked or misled by separatists, should be re-educated, Meng said.

          The Party chief of Urumqi also said Wednesday that the government will seek the death penalty for anyone found to be responsible for the killings.

          Li Zhi told a televised news conference Wednesday afternoon that Urumqi was stable after several days of ethnic violence.

          He said security forces had control of the streets.

          Li said many people accused of murder had already been detained and that most were students.

          Police are using DNA technology to identify the dead, Urumqi Mayor Jerla Isamudin said.

          "More than 100 people killed by rioters have been identified," he said.

          "The government will compensate their families."

          A total amount of 100 million yuan ($14 million) of consolation money will be given to victims, the mayor said.

          Some restaurants and supermarkets opened Wednesday, but most were still closed.

          Although the traffic curfew has ended, traffic restrictions were imposed on major streets, with armed police on guard or patrolling. Armored personnel carriers were standing by.

          People began to emerge in the streets Wednesday, but Xinhua reporters said they saw less traffic in the morning, and even fewer buses.

          The city has about 1,000 buses, of which 190 were damaged or torched in the riot.

          Urumqi Airport was crowded with people anxious to leave. Those who were not able to obtain a ticket swarmed nearby hotels.

          "We fear Xinjiang is not safe anymore," said a passenger who refused to be named.

          In the city, women hustled to store extra groceries and some office workers were given a day off.

          At a roadside morning market, where 50 armed police were patrolling, at least one-third of the stalls were empty.

          Prices of vegetables were generally two- to three-times higher than normal.

          A kg of haricot beans, previously 2 yuan (about 30 cents), was sold for 6 yuan, while potatoes, originally 1.5 yuan, soared to 3.5 yuan per kg.

          Li Gang, a local resident, said his company gave the workers a day off and asked them not to leave their houses.

          "I know from the news report that many rioters were arrested," he said.

          "Now that the streets are guarded and helicopters are hovering, I think social order could be restored."

          Xinhua contributed to the story

          [Jump to ]
          Nation | Biz | Comment | World | Celebrity | Odds | Sports | Travel | Health
          ChinaDaily Mobile News
          m.chinadaily.com.cn
          To subscribe to China Daily, call 010-64918763 or email to circu@chinadaily.com.cn
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 骚虎视频在线观看| 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视 | 人妻有码av中文字幕久久琪| 精品国产线拍大陆久久尤物| 亚洲av日韩av一卡二卡| bt天堂新版中文在线| 深夜福利资源在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区自拍天堂| 午夜AAAAA级岛国福利在线| 成人免费A级毛片无码网站入口| AV老司机AV天堂| 国产精品高清中文字幕| 中国CHINA体内裑精亚洲日本| 久久久久女教师免费一区| 亚洲国产精品自产拍久久| 337P日本欧洲亚洲大胆在线| 夜爽8888视频在线观看| 国产女人喷潮视频免费| 日本少妇被黑人猛cao| 亚洲精品色无码AV试看| 国产福利永久在线视频无毒不卡| 国产中文字幕精品免费| 色窝窝免费播放视频在线| 久久精品国产福利一区二区 | 人人做人人妻人人精| 精选国产av精选一区二区三区| 天天看片天天av免费观看| 亚洲国产成人综合精品| 亚洲av套图一区二区| 国产午夜精品久久一二区| 美女的胸www又黄的网站| 国产午夜福利一区二区三区| 欧美成人精品一级在线观看| 亚洲天堂网中文在线资源| 国产在线中文字幕精品| 亚洲人成网站观看在线观看 | 亚洲中文字幕日产无码2020| 天堂mv在线mv免费mv香蕉| 精品中文字幕人妻一二| 四虎成人精品永久网站|