<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          您現(xiàn)在的位置: Language Tips> Easy English> Today in History  
             
           





           
          May 15
          1957: Britain drops its first H-bomb
          [ 2009-05-15 10:12 ]

          May 15
          The device was tested at high altitude over Christmas Island
          1957: Britain drops its first H-bomb

          England have

          Britain has exploded its first hydrogen bomb as part of a series of tests in the Pacific, the Ministry of Supply has announced.

          Details of the bomb, described only as a "nuclear device", are sketchy. The term "device" indicates that it was an experimental explosive rather than a fully developed weapon.

          It was almost certainly part of the thermo-nuclear weapons programme which was started in December 1954 to develop the megaton hydrogen bomb, which is as powerful as one million tons of TNT.

          The test was carried out at high altitude over the largely uninhabited Christmas Island to minimise nuclear fall-out.

          This is the most important range of tests carried out by Britain, developed with limited resources and in a remarkably short space of time.

          Scientists have taken two years to develop the tests compared with their American counterparts who took seven years before exploding their first device.

          The bomb was dropped by a four-engined jet, Valiant of No 49 Squadron RAF Bomber Command, normally based at RAF Wittering, Northants.

          The Minister of Supply, Aubrey Jones, was informed of the Pacific nuclear trials by Air Vice-Marshal WE Oulton, commander of the task force and WRJ Cook, scientific director of the program.

          Scientists are evaluating the results of the testing and will make a further statement in the next few days.

          May 15
          Funerals took place one day after the Ma'alot school killings

          1974: Teenagers die in Israeli school attack

          Artificially 1969:
          The
          Sixteen teenagers have died along with three Palestinians holding them hostage at an Israeli school.

          Up to seven children were injured, nine critically, after Israeli troops stormed the building in an attempt to free the youngsters in Ma'alot, five miles (eight kilometres) from the Lebanese border.

          As the troops entered the school the teenagers were reportedly attacked with handgrenadesby the Palestinians. An Israeli soldier is also believed to have died in the gun battle that followed.

          Smoke could be seen pouring out of the windows as the Israeli soldiers threw out furniture which they feared was booby-trapped.

          Gang stormed school

          It is thought that around 100 pupils aged between 14 and 16 were in the school when the Palestinians stormed it in the early hours of this morning as the teenagers slept.

          Fifteen people, children and teachers, managed to escape. A teenage boy was later sent out with a list of prisoners the hostage-takers wanted released in Israel.

          The Knesset, the Israeli parliament, met in an emergency session, and by 1500 local time a decision was reached to negotiate.

          The Israeli government talked to the hostage-takers, via a loudhailer, and had agreed to release 26 political prisoners held in Israel.

          It appears that the deal to free the Israeli children broke down when the Palestinians inside the school failed to receive a code word they were waiting for from their organisation in Damascus.

          The Popular Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine said it carried out the attack.

          School faced bomb threat

          Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir told reporters in Jerusalem that her government had been talking to the hostage-takers but had not been given enough time to complete preparations to free prisoners.

          Mrs Meir described the group believed to be behind the attack as "an organisation of blood and murder".

          Israel's Minister for Information, Shimon Perez, said the decision to storm the school had been taken at the last minute because it was feared the gang would blow it up with the children inside by an 1800 local time deadline.

          Vocabulary:
           

          grenade:手榴彈









           
          英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津版權(quán)說(shuō)明:凡注明來(lái)源為“英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津:XXX(署名)”的原創(chuàng)作品,除與中國(guó)日?qǐng)?bào)網(wǎng)簽署英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津內(nèi)容授權(quán)協(xié)議的網(wǎng)站外,其他任何網(wǎng)站或單位未經(jīng)允許不得非法盜鏈、轉(zhuǎn)載和使用,違者必究。如需使用,請(qǐng)與010-84883631聯(lián)系;凡本網(wǎng)注明“來(lái)源:XXX(非英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津)”的作品,均轉(zhuǎn)載自其它媒體,目的在于傳播更多信息,其他媒體如需轉(zhuǎn)載,請(qǐng)與稿件來(lái)源方聯(lián)系,如產(chǎn)生任何問(wèn)題與本網(wǎng)無(wú)關(guān);本網(wǎng)所發(fā)布的歌曲、電影片段,版權(quán)歸原作者所有,僅供學(xué)習(xí)與研究,如果侵權(quán),請(qǐng)?zhí)峁┌鏅?quán)證明,以便盡快刪除。
          相關(guān)文章 Related Story
           
           
           
          本頻道最新推薦
           
          艷照 sex picture
          英國(guó)驚現(xiàn)神秘UFO 無(wú)聲盤(pán)旋飛過(guò)居民區(qū)
          “超人”服裝將于本月拍賣(mài)
          像chalk and cheese一樣“相差甚遠(yuǎn)”
          Flu monitoring loopholes exposed
          翻吧推薦
           
          論壇熱貼
           
          熱門(mén)國(guó)家學(xué)費(fèi)高低狀況一覽
          ‘我的青春誰(shuí)做主’怎么翻譯好?
          如何翻譯別和我來(lái)這一套
          為什么叫蹦的
          別亂扔垃圾。怎么譯這個(gè)亂字呀?

           

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 鲁丝片一区二区三区免费| 色吊丝二区三区中文字幕| 欧美啪啪网| 国产二区三区不卡免费| 国产成人免费高清激情视频| 免费毛片全部不收费的| 亚洲人成网站77777在线观看| 国偷自产一区二区免费视频| 久热天堂在线视频精品伊人 | 国产男生午夜福利免费网站| 日韩不卡一区二区三区四区| 日本亚洲欧洲无免费码在线| 亚洲国产日韩a在线播放| 好姑娘高清影视在线观看| 成人av片在线观看免费| 成人免费无码大片A毛片抽搐色欲| 桃花社区在线播放| 午夜成人性爽爽免费视频| 四虎成人精品在永久在线| 久久成人国产精品免费软件 | 骚片av蜜桃精品一区| 久久嫩草影院免费看| 久久综合国产一区二区三区| 亚洲精品综合第一国产综合| 久久精品国产亚洲av大全相关 | 国产在线拍偷自揄拍精品| 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 国语自产拍精品香蕉在线播放| 午夜精品久久久久久久无码软件| 国产福利社区一区二区| 亚洲不卡av中文在线| 国产精品国产亚洲看不卡| 少妇又紧又色又爽又刺激视频| 又大又紧又粉嫩18p少妇| 亚洲免费成人av一区| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 欧乱色国产精品兔费视频| 久久精品夜色国产亚洲av| 中文字幕乱码一区二区免费| 人妻丝袜av中文系列先锋影音| 国产成人无码AV大片大片在线观看|