<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          您現(xiàn)在的位置: Language Tips> Easy English> Today in History  
             
           





           
          May 20
          2000: Blairs' delight at birth of fourth child
          [ 2009-05-20 10:50 ]

          May 20
          The first serving prime minister in 150 years to father a child
          2000: Blairs' delight at birth of fourth child

          England have

          The British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his wife Cherie are celebrating the birth of their baby son who will be called Leo.

          He is the first child to be born to a serving British Prime Minister for more than 150 years and was named after Mr Blair's father.

          The latest addition to the Blair household arrived at 0025BST and weighed in at 6lbs 12oz, according to Downing Street.

          An emotional Mr Blair said he was thrilled at becoming a father again and praised the doctors andmidwiveswho assisted his wife.

          He said: "Our baby is fine. He's a gorgeous boy. They are just resting now. It was an ordinary, natural birth, though it was quite a long labour so Cherie is quite tired now."

          Congratulations

          The proud parents and their new baby returned to Downing Street shortly after Leo's birth at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London.

          Mrs Blair, 45, had been admitted to the hospital during Friday lunchtime, five days before her official due date of 24 May.

          The prime minister then joined his wife at the hospital at 2050 BST and stayed with her for six hours before they returned to Downing Street with their new son.

          The couple managed to give the hordes of waiting media the slip by leaving the hospital via a back door.

          The couple already have two sons, Euan, 16, and Nicky, 14, and a daughter, Kathryn, 12.

          The prime minister has said he will not be taking parental leave but intends to scale back his official workload.

          Congratulations have already started to pour in following the birth. Mrs Blair's father, actor Tony Booth, said he was "absolutely thrilled and delighted" at the news he had a new grandson.

          The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have sent Mr and Mrs Blair flowers and best wishes, as have Tory leader William Hague and his wife Ffion.

          Mr Hague said: "We send our congratulations to them and their children. We know this is a wonderful day for them, and a happy day for the country as a whole."

          Liberal Democrat Leader Charles Kennedy said it was important to give the Blairs some breathing space to enjoy their new arrival.

          "The most important thing now is that everyone respects their right to privacy and peace for a decent interval."

          May 20
          The ANC, led by Oliver Tambo (above), admitted planting the car bomb in Pretoria four days after the explosion

          1983: Car bomb in South Africa kills 16

          Artificially 1969:
          The At least 16 people have been killed and more than 130 people injured in a car bomb explosion in South Africa's capital city, Pretoria.

          The explosion happened outside the Nedbank Square building on Church Street at about 1630 hours - the height of the city's rush hour. More than 20 ambulances attended the scene and took the dead and injured to three hospitals in and around Pretoria.

          Police sealed off the surrounding area with a barbed-wire fence as emergency personnel sifted through the rubble looking for bodies. Bomb disposal experts were called to the scene to search for a possible second bomb.

          The outlawed black liberation group the African National Congress has been blamed for the atrocity.

          Bled to death

          A huge pall of smoke rose hundreds of feet into the air as debris and bodies were strewn around the scene of the explosion.

          It is understood the bomb had been placed in a blue Alfa Romeo car outside the multi-storey building, which houses the South African air force headquarters.

          It exploded at the height of the city's rush-hour as hundreds of people were leaving work for the weekend.

          Glass and metal were catapulted into the air as shop-fronts and windows were blown out.

          Many passers-by had limbsamputatedby the flying debris. Others bled to death.

          South Africa's Minister for Law and Order, Louis le Grange, who visited the scene immediately, blamed the attack on the ANC.

          He said: "I have no doubt who is responsible for thisdespicableattack."

          He said the explosion was the "biggest and ugliest" terrorist incident since anti-government violence began in South Africa 20 years ago.

          He added: "Most of the victims were civilians, but some were air force personnel in uniform, black and white. Quite a number of those killed were black.

          The ANC is an underground black liberation organisation committed to overthrowing the minority white government.

          Oliver Tambo, who is the organisation's acting president while its senior figure, Nelson Mandela, is in prison, said the Nedbank Square building was a legitimate target, although he did not admit carrying out the attack.

          General Mike Gedenhuys, Police Commissioner, said: "Many of the victims are so badly mutilated they have not yet been identified."

          General Magnus Malan, South African's defence minister, described the explosion as a "cowardly, criminal deed in the Communist war being raged against South Africa."

          He said more than 40,000 civilians had died as a result of terrorism in the past five years in Africa and 83,000 armed men had died.

          South Africa has nearly five million whites, 21 million blacks, nearly one million Indians and about 2.5 million people of mixed race.

          The government's apartheid system denies citizenship rights to blacks except in 10 remote homelands.

          The ANC has warned it intends to step up its campaign to bring an end to white minority rule.

          Vocabulary:
           

          midwife:助產(chǎn)士

          amputate:to cut off(切除)

          despicable:deserving of contempt or scom;ville(卑劣的,可鄙的)










          中國(guó)日?qǐng)?bào)網(wǎng)英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津版權(quán)說(shuō)明:凡注明來(lái)源為“中國(guó)日?qǐng)?bào)網(wǎng)英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津:XXX(署名)”的原創(chuàng)作品,除與中國(guó)日?qǐng)?bào)網(wǎng)簽署英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津內(nèi)容授權(quán)協(xié)議的網(wǎng)站外,其他任何網(wǎng)站或單位未經(jīng)允許不得非法盜鏈、轉(zhuǎn)載和使用,違者必究。如需使用,請(qǐng)與010-84883631聯(lián)系;凡本網(wǎng)注明“來(lái)源:XXX(非英語(yǔ)點(diǎn)津)”的作品,均轉(zhuǎn)載自其它媒體,目的在于傳播更多信息,其他媒體如需轉(zhuǎn)載,請(qǐng)與稿件來(lái)源方聯(lián)系,如產(chǎn)生任何問(wèn)題與本網(wǎng)無(wú)關(guān);本網(wǎng)所發(fā)布的歌曲、電影片段,版權(quán)歸原作者所有,僅供學(xué)習(xí)與研究,如果侵權(quán),請(qǐng)?zhí)峁┌鏅?quán)證明,以便盡快刪除。
          相關(guān)文章 Related Story
           
           
           
          本頻道最新推薦
           
          泰國(guó)內(nèi)亂相關(guān)詞匯
          昔日“代溝” 今朝“代圈”
          “選美比賽”相關(guān)表達(dá)
          摩根大通預(yù)測(cè):英格蘭將奪本屆世界杯冠軍
          跟杜拉拉學(xué)職場(chǎng)用語(yǔ)
          翻吧推薦
           
          論壇熱貼
           
          關(guān)于工資的英語(yǔ)詞匯大全
          關(guān)于職業(yè)裝的英語(yǔ)詞匯
          余光中《尺素寸心》(節(jié)選)譯
          中國(guó)譯協(xié)中譯英最新發(fā)布各類(lèi)專(zhuān)業(yè)術(shù)語(yǔ)直譯
          功夫熊貓經(jīng)典臺(tái)詞雙語(yǔ)

           

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美日本激情| 欧美色资源| 久久99精品久久99日本| 亚洲人成在线观看网站不卡| 久久综合狠狠综合久久| 亚洲人成电影网站色mp4| 亚洲中文字幕国产av| 国产综合精品一区二区三区| 亚洲成a人片在线观看中| 国产精品成人网址在线观看| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 国产精品久久香蕉免费播放| 精品视频在线观看免费观看| 国内精品久久久久影院日本 | 国产一区精品在线免费看| 免费视频好湿好紧好大好爽| 老熟妇国产一区二区三区 | 2021中文字幕亚洲精品 | 天天综合网网欲色| 久久国产成人高清精品亚洲| 人人人澡人人肉久久精品| 亚洲区中文字幕日韩精品| 无码人妻精品一区二| 国产办公室秘书无码精品99| 亚洲精品综合一区二区三区在线| 野花香电视剧免费观看全集高清播放| 制服丝袜美腿一区二区| 男女猛烈拍拍拍无挡视频| 国产目拍亚洲精品二区| 九色91精品最新在线| 欧美xxxx做受欧美.88| 国产精品久久久久久成人影院| 亚洲av男人电影天堂热app| 国产成人一区二区三区久久精品| 亚洲人成人日韩中文字幕| 97天天摸天天爽天天碰| 国产亚洲精品成人av在线| 欧美国产国产综合视频| 精品人妻少妇嫩草av专区| 免费二级毛片在线播放 | 亚洲国产视频精品一区二区|