<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          28 killed in Baghdad suicide bombing

          (AP)
          Updated: 2007-03-05 18:55

          Thick smoke rises over central Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, March 5, 2007. A suicide car bomber struck a busy commercial district Monday, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 30, police said. (AP
          Thick smoke rises over central Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, March 5, 2007. A suicide car bomber struck a busy commercial district Monday, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 30, police said. [AP]
          BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide car bomber struck a busy commercial district Monday, killing at least 28 people and injuring more than 50, police said.

          Related readings:
           US, Iraqi forces enter Shiite center
           Iraqi terror group posts tape of killings
           Sunni group claims kidnap of 18 Iraqis
           Cheney warns against Iraq pullout
           Copter makes 'hard landing' in Iraq
           Car bomb kills 10 in Baghdad
           Iraq VP narrowly escapes assassination
           Bomber strikes Baghdad college; 41 dead

          The attack near the well-known Mutanabi book market in central Baghdad was the first major blast in the city in several days - sending a huge pillar of black smoke as flames spread to shops, cars and book stalls.

          The death toll from police was preliminary and could rise. At least 54 people were injured. The commercial zone is mixed between Sunni- and Shiite-owned businesses and shoppers.

          "Papers from the book market were floating through the air like leaflets dropped from a plane," said Naeem al-Daraji, a Health Ministry worker who was driving about 200 yards from the blast and was slightly injured by broken glass from his car window.

          "Pieces of flesh and the remains of books were scattered everywhere," he said.

          People began driving the injured to hospitals in private cars without waiting for ambulances to arrive.

          Sporadic car bombs and attacks have hit the capital in recent days, but none with mass casualties since a blast Friday killed at least 10 people.

          In other violence, gunmen opened fire on Shiite pilgrims in two separate incidents around Baghdad on Monday, killing five people, police said.

          On Sunday, US and Iraqi troops poured into Baghdad's main Shiite militia stronghold, encountering no resistance in the one-time Sadr City combat zones but testing the Shiites' commitment to the US-promoted campaign to drive militants from the capital.

          Iraq's prime minister, meanwhile, ordered an investigation into a British-Iraqi raid on a police intelligence headquarters in southern Iraq that captured an alleged death squad leader and found 30 prisoners with signs of torture.

          West of Baghdad, US soldiers described a raid last week that uncovered a suspected Sunni "torture site" and rescued of two Iraqi captives, who apparently had been spared immediate execution because the militants' video camera broke and they wanted to film the killing.

          The quiet but dramatic advance in Sadr City - involving nearly 1,200 US and Iraqi forces who didn't fire a shot - marked one of the most significant developments in the security clampdown in Baghdad since it took effect nearly three weeks ago.

          But it only received the green light after drawn-out talks between US commanders and political allies of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and his powerful Mahdi Army. Both sides are watching each other for any wrong moves on the same streets where they battled in the past, including intense urban warfare in 2004.

          Al-Sadr's militiamen lowered their profile under intense government pressure to give the security operation a chance to root out both Sunni and Shiite extremists. US military leaders, however, must walk a fine line as part of the tacit truce. They are seeking suspected Shiite death squads leaders, but must keep from squeezing al-Sadr's militia too hard - and risk collapsing the entire drive to reclaim Baghdad from extremists and gangs.

          "The indication that we are getting is a lot of the really bad folks have gone into hiding," said Lt. Col. David Oclander shortly after troops moved into Sadr City's teeming grid of low-rise buildings in northeast Baghdad.

          Oclander said "not a shot was fired" as troops entered the area, which was constructed in the 1960s to house poor Shiites seeking work in the capital and was known as Saddam City until the former Iraqi leader's fall in 2003.


          12  


          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产喷水1区2区3区咪咪爱AV| 推油少妇久久99久久99久久 | 在线观看潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 亚洲国产成人精品女人久| 午夜福利国产一区二区三区| 91丝袜美腿高跟国产老师在线| 国产精品综合一区二区三区| 国产精品专区第1页| 丰满大爆乳波霸奶| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 中国亚州女人69内射少妇| 久久综合老鸭窝色综合久久| 国产伦一区二区三区久久| 精品一区二区三区色噜噜| 欧洲亚洲国内老熟女超碰| 国产亚洲av日韩精品熟女| 久在线精品视频线观看| 国精品91人妻无码一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网各| 2022最新国产在线不卡a| 成人av在线播放不卡| 亚洲精品二区在线观看| 国产亚洲一在无在线观看| 人人爽亚洲aⅴ人人爽av人人片| 人妻少妇精品系列一区二区 | 免费人成视频在线| 综合色区亚洲熟女妇p| 国产成人高清精品免费5388| 国产成人户外露出视频在线| 99视频30精品视频在线观看| 内射干少妇亚洲69xxx| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区中| 欧美不卡视频一区发布| 黄色三级亚洲男人的天堂| 欧美成人h精品网站| 国产女人在线视频| 九九热视频免费在线播放| 欧美专区日韩视频人妻| 老熟妇老熟女老女人天堂| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院| 国产第一区二区三区精品|